shape
carat
color
clarity

Need design help (especially from those w/ commitment issues!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock

SGUP vs SGB.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock

I am going to try to attach more pics for clarification, but somehow I am having a LOT of trouble with this lately!!!!

39.gif
38.gif

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Here I found a ring that had a similar concept (w/o the pink diamond) from the top-down, so I tried to draw in the pink diamond. It''s not very good but hopefully it helps. Keep in mind the profile would be much different.

knox w pink 3.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
The profile under the 2 side rounds on each side I am picturing something like this. Incidentally, the colored metal filigree in the SGB ring is rose gold, to go with the pink diamonds.

I am also thinking of an open profile under the center stone.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
oops! forgot to attach the pic before hitting 'submit'

I would want the filigree to be delicate like it is in the baguette ring. I also would like it to have a relatively rounded, smooth profile like the SGUP ring, rather than be so steppy like this one.

Simon G profile ornate.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
I will add other views of the SGB ring just so you have more info:

In this one, it is flanked by 2 pave wedding bands, so just ignore them.

CA_LP1786.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
yikes! Didn''t know that pic was so big. Here I tried to photoshop out the wedding rings, so you''ll see my poor Photoshop skills!

CA_LP1786 wo wbs.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
oh boy, I am going to go crazy trying to resize these things. Nothing on my computer seems to work these days.

Here is another angle, hopefully not such a huge picture (again, remember that colored metal is rose, not yellow gold):

Simon G Bag another angle.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Here is another example of the filligree under 2 round side stones, to give the idea. (Although I want shared-prong, not 4-prong.) To see a better picture, you can go to http://www.varna.com/ and go to their Eternal collection, and it's ring 13 on page 3 of 8. The shank would not be carved, like this one; after the second side-stone, it would be just like the Simon G baguette ring with the pink stones etc.

TJB 5 stone.jpg

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
old-fashioned girl i went back and force thru this thread trying to understand how i can help and seems to me you have already put everything together yourselves. What i may try to photoshop for you is a side view right? So let's clarify, you do not want any scroll work under the center stone, but some under 4 sides (to the pink ones). Now do you want this scroll be the one for all the length of the 2 side baskets or separately? That's the only question you did not illustrate yourself with your pictures.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/19/2007 7:57:08 PM
Author: Pricescope
What i may try to photoshop for you is a side view right?
yes, thanks!

So let's clarify, you do not want any scroll work under the center stone, but some under 4 sides (to the pink ones).
Correct.

Now do you want this scroll be the one for all the length of the 2 side baskets or separately? That's the only question you did not illustrate yourself with your pictures.
I was thinking separate, kind of like the varna ring above, or the ornate Simon G one. Because the shared-prong would interrupt them. Let's try that first.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2007 8:55:03 PM
Author: old-fashioned girl

Now do you want this scroll be the one for all the length of the 2 side baskets or separately? That''s the only question you did not illustrate yourself with your pictures.
I was thinking separate, kind of like the varna ring above, or the ornate Simon G one. Because the shared-prong would interrupt them. Let''s try that first.
Not necessarily, the scroll can cover that prong from the side making it less busy if it''s what i understood you want. Think about it and let me know.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/19/2007 9:21:40 PM

Not necessarily, the scroll can cover that prong from the side making it less busy if it''s what i understood you want. Think about it and let me know.
Less busy is good, so if the scroll can cover the prong and look good and less busy, that sounds good to me! (I guess this has been part of my hesitation in going with this design, is that I can kinda picture it, but then again in the details, I''ve can''t quite.)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
OFG, I don''t have photoshop so I can''t help you there but I don''t see why your idea couldn''t work. It''s sounds like the perfect compromise. I think 6 or 10 point sides would be too small and would probably go to .15 or .20 next to a 1 carat round. I tried on a Ritani with a 1 carat center and .25 sides and the proportions were wonderful so I think you could even go to that size if you wanted..

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
here you go
35.gif
, see the shared prongs between 2 side diamonds are almost hidden by scroll work of the length of both baskets.

OldFashionL3.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! Thanks!! I sure wish I could do the magic you do with photoshop!

Are you able to estimate what size the diamonds are (the 2 large and the pinks), assuming that head accomodates around a 1 ct diamond? (which it does, I believe) How do you think it looks?

And questions for all you lurkers - what do you think of it? honestly...?

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
mrssalvo, thanks for your feedback! Thank you for being one of the only 2 (including Pricescope) out of 290 views that gave me any! (And many thanks again to Irina for the photoshop!)

Date: 3/19/2007 9:55:57 PM
Author: mrssalvo
I think 6 or 10 point sides would be too small and would probably go to .15 or .20 next to a 1 carat round. I tried on a Ritani with a 1 carat center and .25 sides and the proportions were wonderful so I think you could even go to that size if you wanted..
That helps. I did think 10 and 6 seemed small, which is one of the reasons I hesitated. There is a Scott Kay with 0.15 next to the center which does look nice. Also that Jeff Cooper from Pearlman's that Blenheim and dee*jay tried on last year looked good in the photos they took (from the top view; unfortunately I wasn't crazy about the profile), and it has 15 pts and 8 pts respectively.

weegem

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/20/2007 12:42:16 PM
here you go
35.gif
, see the shared prongs between 2 side diamonds are almost hidden by scroll work of the length of both baskets.

That looks fantastic - really nice!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
old-fashioned girl, i was thinking about the sizes of the side stones and though as i said i can''t estimate white sides having empty prongs as a reference, i have an idea: Why don''t you ask Wink if he still has 2 pinks i reserved for my ring and then released them? And then if they would do it for you - estimate white sides going from there. You will have your center size and the "pink end" size and then i will draw the lines estimating which white sides will fit.
Do not be upset about not many advises here please, it''s a very complicated design you are going for.
35.gif

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
hi old-fashioned,

If you love the two-toned look with the rose gold, it looks like a very pretty and unique design. It will have to be executed well by a skilled jeweler, so choose your custom-maker wisely.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
here is what i meant - we will be able to align all diamonds nicely having something for reference (blue center and pinks at the ends).

OFL_Drawing.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/21/2007 3:12:15 PM
i have an idea: Why don''t you ask Wink if he still has 2 pinks i reserved for my ring and then released them? And then if they would do it for you - estimate white sides going from there. You will have your center size and the ''pink end'' size and then i will draw the lines estimating which white sides will fit.
Thanks! THat is a good idea. I will try to contact him tomorrow.

Do not be upset about not many advises here please, it''s a very complicated design you are going for.
35.gif
That is true. That was also why it was hard for me to even draft up this thread in the first place. Although I was tempted to start a new thread with just the photoshop one, so people wouldnt'' have to wade through the intro. part. But for now I will do what you suggested.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/21/2007 3:17:46 PM
Author: boston_jeff
hi old-fashioned,

If you love the two-toned look with the rose gold, it looks like a very pretty and unique design. It will have to be executed well by a skilled jeweler, so choose your custom-maker wisely.
Thanks Jeff. That latter part is what I was kind of thinking, which is part of why I have been hesitant about this design. The part of me that thinks it could be very pretty and unique is so tempted to try it, but the part about getting it just right is what makes me hesitate, and wonder if I shouldn''t just go for something more basic.

I have several custom-jewelers I plan to ask about it, but if you have any recommendations of skilled custom-jewelers in mind, I''d be glad to hear them!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
OFG, i just wanted to say i think you have some really neat ideas and I can''t wait to see how it all comes together. Please keep up posted on your progress.

JZuino

Rough_Rock
Hey Old Fashioned Guy,

I dont want to steal your thread but I had a quick question about a post you had made last year (https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/which-profile-do-you-like-best-and-why.49968/) There was a picture of a 5 stone pave Simon G ring which I was really interested in. Do you have any info on it? I have a Simon G engagement ring and was thinking of getting something very similair (obviously with no center stone) for my wedding ring. If you have any info at all I would really appreciate it. Thanks :)

Jess

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/22/2007 1:22:03 AM
Author: JZuino
Hey Old Fashioned Girl,

I dont want to steal your thread but I had a quick question about a post you had made last year (https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/which-profile-do-you-like-best-and-why.49968/) There was a picture of a 5 stone pave Simon G ring which I was really interested in. Do you have any info on it? I have a Simon G engagement ring and was thinking of getting something very similair (obviously with no center stone) for my wedding ring. If you have any info at all I would really appreciate it. Thanks :)

Jess
The only info. I have on it is I saw it at Charleston Alexander jewelery stores in the D.C. area, and I do have better pictures of it now than that xeroxed one in that thread. Except the ring I saw had a little sizing area at the bottom of the shank where there was no pave, while this one has an all-pave shank. Maybe I will start a new thread for you so I don''t confuse this thread.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/21/2007 3:12:15 PM
old-fashioned girl, i was thinking about the sizes of the side stones and though as i said i can''t estimate white sides having empty prongs as a reference, i have an idea: Why don''t you ask Wink if he still has 2 pinks i reserved for my ring and then released them? And then if they would do it for you - estimate white sides going from there. You will have your center size and the ''pink end'' size and then i will draw the lines estimating which white sides will fit.
Irina, I got the info. from Wink. The diamonds might work - they are larger than I think the ones are in the Simon G baguette ring; I was guesstimating them to be around 3 pts. and these are more like 5, but that could be a good thing. Here are the specs:

The two stones together are .097 cts. One is very slightly smaller than the other at 2.15mm and the other is at 2.25mm.

My center stone is 1.097 ct, and it says on my AGS 6.68 - 6.72mm

I don''t know if it''s of any value, but I might post the clearest pics I have of that original Simon G ring.

CA_LP1786_1.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
oops! I keep forgetting I never resized that one. Oh well, here is the one I wanted anyway, and I think this one is a better size!

Simon G bgpnk.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Also, the diamonds don''t necessarily need to taper to the top of my diamond as depicted here:

Date: 3/21/2007 3:25:14 PM
here is what i meant - we will be able to align all diamonds nicely having something for reference (blue center and pinks at the ends).
They could taper to somewhere on the side of my center stone; I''ve tried on rings that had 15 pts next to a diamond of about my size, and it looks nice. Definitely no bigger than 20pts next to the center. I did a very poor attempt to illustrate it by hand:

poor attempt to illustrate.jpg

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Ok now we have 2 references and i will take some time to ply with side sizes to see how they would fit.
Are pinks going to be bezel-ed?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results