shape
carat
color
clarity

Need custom ring advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MWG

Brilliant_Rock

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the great information that everyone provides here on Pricescope.

I have spoken with a couple of vendors on this site about creating a custom ring from the picture below. Of course, something will be LEFT OFF or ADDED to avoid exact duplication. I like the idea of custom because it will be ONE OF A KIND and SPECIAL!!!

The main area I was looking to change are the side "bumps", everything else stays the same. I am looking at putting all ideal cut hearts and arrows diamonds including the melees. The metal will be 18K or 14K White Gold or Platinum.

Here is what I thinking:

1) Eliminate BUMPS and make the metal smooth
2) Adding a family crest or shield on the sides (Just a thought, it may be a good thought or bad thought)
3) Leaves and Vines.

Yours thoughts and suggestion are much appreciated.
Thanks
MWG

3411.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your not referring to the milgrain, right?

Just the bumps on the side of the shank?

I think Leaves and Vines would be beautiful... and if you haven't decided on a designer yet... Personally, I think this would be right up Maytal Hoffman's alley.

ETA: the reason I don't like the crest idea is that it will make the ring look too masculine IMO.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pretty ring! One thing I might do is put a small airline (space) between the diamonds on the top and bottom and the center stones. This will make the center stones pop more instead of blending into the setting too much...just a thought. I too don''t really like those ridges on the side of the shank. Gypsy''s idea of leaves or wines would be pretty, and a fleur d le (sp?) could be pretty as well.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Engraving where the bumps are.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would continue the rows of diamonds down to a point and get rid of the bumps :) I do love the milgrain though so I hope that''s not what you want to get rid of.... and honestly after you brought the two rows together the rest of the ring could be plain because it wouldn''t be seen...

MWG

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Gypsy,

Yes, the milgrain stays!!!

I agree the Family Crest would make it to masculine......LOL

mmmmmm......Who is Maytal Hoffman and does he have a webpage to see his work?

Thanks for your input
MWG

MWG

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Kcoursolle,

The spacing is something to think about, I have actually seen the setting in person with the stores overpriced diamonds and the spacing is not bad, I think it is the picture. But, I would use ACA hearts and arrows diamonds throughout, which is what my plans are as of right now.

I am thinking that leaves and vines would make the ring look to busy, but hey, I am guy, what do I know!!!! LOL

Thanks
MWG

MWG

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Diamondseeker,

What kind of engraving are talking about? Do you have any examples that you could share with a newbie?

Thanks
MWG

MWG

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Cehrabehra

That is a great idea to extend out the diamonds and leave the rest. I like it. I will talk to my designers and see what they say.

I know someone is probably thinking, where is the fiancee is all of this? Well, she picked it out and she said that I have all the information I need and she trusted me........SCARY HUH!!!?? LOL

Thanks
MWG

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maytal is a designer who used to work for Beaudry (very high end designer) and has branched out on her own... she does lovely work... just do a search for "Maytal" and you''ll see the rings she''s done for other PSers. Quite nice....

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/10/2007 10:48:50 PM
Author: MWG
Hey Diamondseeker,

What kind of engraving are talking about? Do you have any examples that you could share with a newbie?

Thanks
MWG
If you look at this thread of rings by Maytal Hoftman, the very first ring has engraving on the sides. Some of the other rings have polished sides. The advantage to the engraving is that platinum scratches easily, so the engraving hides it better than the polished finish.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/maytal-hoftman-custom-settings.48680/

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s a gorgeous setting, and yes the bumps need to go. I think engraving on the sides will add a nice feminine touch. And say no to the family crest........
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results