shape
carat
color
clarity

Need assistance finding (another) diamond for solitaire

ghostm42

Rough_Rock
I posted about 2 months ago requesting help to find a diamond for an engagement ring. User Gypsy found one for me and I would have been happy to buy it, but things came up in real life that pulled me away for a few days. Next thing I knew, the diamond was gone. I suppose that's a consequence of posting links to a highly praised diamonds to public forums. So I'm back, looking for another diamond.

The specs I've been searching have been:
Round
1.6-1.8ct
Price: < $15000 (preferably closer to $13K)
Cut: Ideal (HCA < 2)
Color: D-H
Clarity: FL-VS1
GIA
Symmetry: ex
Polish: ex
Fluorescence: None-Medium

If anyone can make recommendations, I'd love to hear it. I'm located in NY, so buying from a non-NY reseller is actually more affordable for me. I only know of Adiamor and Solomon Brothers. But if the deal is good, I'd be willing to buy it in NY.

I did find another diamond on my own, but I'm not an expert and can't tell how it looks based on IdealScope and ASET. Here are the specs:

Round
1.64ct
Cut: Ex
Clarity: IF
Color: G
Fluor: Med
Depth: 62.3
Table: 55
C-Angle: 35
P-Angle: 40.8

gianum.jpg

Please let me know.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's decent. But I would never pay for IF in a round. I would consider VS2 that is eyeclean.

http://www.b2cjewels.com/dd-8173173-1.70-carat-Round-diamond-H-color-VS2-Clarity.aspx?sku=8173173&utm_source=pricescope.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=pricescope.com In budget, eyeclean, get an IS. PUT ON HOLD. Otherwise someone WILL snatch it.

http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/1.76-carat-h-color-vs2-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-977638 If you can stretch to get this, then it might be worth it.

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3608304.htm?source=pricescope There is this one as well.

ghostm42

Rough_Rock
Gypsy! Nice to hear from you again. And thanks for the recommendations.

These are all a tad on the pricier side. The previous one that was recommended was 1.6ct, G, VS1 and it was closer to $12K. It even looked near spotless on the GIA certificate. I admit, that's closer to where I'd like to be on the price and size range. That's my fault. My search criteria probably needs to be narrowed. It's probably closer to:

The specs I've been searching have been:
Round
1.55-1.7ct
Price: < $14000 (preferably closer to $12-13K)
Cut: Ideal (HCA < 2)
Color: D-H
Clarity: FL-VVS2
GIA
Symmetry: ex
Polish: ex
Fluorescence: None-Medium

The one I posted up was actually $14K, which seemed reasonable for IF (the non-IF ones seem similarly priced). It's smaller than the one you found on B2C, but is probably closer to the size I'd prefer. It also claims medium green fluor. Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

I'll make sure to put them on hold this time.

Your help is much appreciated.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results