shape
carat
color
clarity

Need an advice on a 1.11ct I SI1 GIA diamond

yoyo123

Rough_Rock
Hi everybody

I am looking for a engagement ring and a jeweller sent me the details of a 1.11ct GIA diamond. You can find the details at the end of my post.
I entered the proportions into the HCA software and it returns a 1.6 note which is excellent.
Light return = excellent
Fire = excellent
Scintillation = excellent
Spread = very good

I also entered the proportions into GIA facetware and all the caracteristics are excellent until I go to the girdle (medium to thick - 3.5%). The thick changes the cut grade into very good. :(
Is that medium to thick girdle will have an impact on the beauty of the diamond ?

Is that diamond worth buying it ( price is around 4750 euros TTC) which seems a good price to me...
For the color, the jeweller told that the I grade was a bit severe and the diamond looked more like an H color ( very small - no visible yellow reflects)

Thanks in advance for your answers...

PS: it is a bit urgent as I have an appointment with the guy in 2 days ( thursday) and will have to take a decision.

GIA Report Check
GIA REPORT NUMBER: 1126985062
Report Type: GIA Diamond Grading Report

ROUND BRILLIANT

Measurements: 6.61 - 6.65 x 4.11 mm
Carat Weight: 1.11 carat
Color Grade: I
Clarity Grade: SI1
Cut Grade: Very Good
PROPORTIONS:

Depth: 62.0%
Table: 56%
Crown Angle: 35.0°
Crown Height: 15.5%
Pavilion Angle: 40.8°
Pavilion Depth: 43.0%
Star length: 55%
Lower Half: 80%
Girdle: Medium to Thick, Faceted
Culet: None
FINISH:

Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: None
Comments: Clouds are not shown.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would verify that the stone is eyeclean.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Have you seen it? Are you OK with the color? I'm a bit suspicious of a jeweler that says their I graded stone is more like an H. Could be true, but I wouldn't believe just any jeweler.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results