shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Advice on Radiant Cut Diamond

Discussion in 'RockyTalky' started by sloaniel, Jan 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
  1. sloaniel
    Rough_Rock

by sloaniel » Jan 11, 2001
    My fiance and I are interested in the following GIA certified rectangular radiant cut diamond. We have viewed it and it was quite brilliant to the naked eye. The problem is our budget is approx. $10,000 and we were wondering if you think there is any room for negotiation and if so, how much?Rectangular Radiant - GIA Cert Dated 11/21/00
    7.97X6.72X4.58 LWR = 1.19
    2.02, H Color, VS2 Clarity
    Depth = 68.2%
    Table = 64%
    Girdle = Slightly Thick
    Culet = None
    Polish/Symmetry = Good
    Flourescence = None
    Price = $11,599.99
    We look forward to hearing from you.

2. oldminer
    Ideal_Rock
    Trade

by oldminer » Jan 11, 2001
    There is not going to be a great deal of room at the price your mentioned. There may be some, but who knows? Every diamond is individual.Maybe this stone was bought at a very low price and maybe the opposite. If you are above your budget, make an offer at your highest price and see what happens.You could aways go to a 1.80ct range and have less of a budget issue, or go to SI1 and/o I color in order to save $$$.------------------
    David Atlas
    Accredited Gem Appraisers

3. pricescope
    Ideal_Rock

by pricescope » Jan 11, 2001
    I agree with Oldminer. Just made a search here and didn't find anything cheaper...leonid

351_411.jpg

4. moediamond
    Rough_Rock

by moediamond » Jan 11, 2001
    Hi, You might want to consider aF, G or H color but SI1 or SI2. Thank goodness those radiant cuts have alot of facets to hide the smallest of inclusions. Always keep COLOR high priority, then go for Clarity. My customers always agree to that. For example, a 1.90 F color SI2 would be around $9500.
    If you would like more help, just let me know...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.