shape
carat
color
clarity

Need advice on quality vs. carat

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rob9874

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/29/2007 12:22:30 PM
Author: Sparkles22
Wow that is a REALLY pretty set! Do you know by any chance how thick the bands are? Where did you find it? Please post more pictures!! Thanks! :)
Yeah, she just fell in love with this set. I''m not sure how thick the bands are. I found it at a local jewelery store in Scottsdale, AZ. I think their website is beverlyk.com, but they don''t have much info on their products. I stole these pics from a thread about Beverly K on this forum.

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/29/2007 12:53:41 PM
Author: Rob9874

Date: 3/29/2007 12:22:30 PM
Author: Sparkles22
Wow that is a REALLY pretty set! Do you know by any chance how thick the bands are? Where did you find it? Please post more pictures!! Thanks! :)
Yeah, she just fell in love with this set. I''m not sure how thick the bands are. I found it at a local jewelery store in Scottsdale, AZ. I think their website is beverlyk.com, but they don''t have much info on their products. I stole these pics from a thread about Beverly K on this forum.
They are really pretty. Thanks again for sharing. I''ll have to find that thread at some point today. Thanks!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I personally wouldn''t go lower than an H. If you can find one in your budget that''s VS2 quality, great, but you should be able to find one that''s SI1 that still faces up with no inclusions. You''ll be able to get something much bigger than you would with a colorless or flawless rating, but she won''t be able to tell the difference once it''s mounted.

Rob9874

Rough_Rock
I''m thinking the 1.3 ct radiant is priced too high. I''m looking at other websites, and I can get an H/VVS2 1.3 for around $6000-$6500. This one is $7500. And I''d really like to get a VS2, and save even more (or get a larger stone). I guess I''ll keep looking.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Did you look at this stone?

You should call and find out about it...
http://goodoldgold.com/diamond/2426/

I think something w/ clipped corners would look good w/ that setting - the sharp corners are "modern" to me.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2007 3:13:37 PM
Author: Rob9874
I''m thinking the 1.3 ct radiant is priced too high. I''m looking at other websites, and I can get an H/VVS2 1.3 for around $6000-$6500. This one is $7500. And I''d really like to get a VS2, and save even more (or get a larger stone). I guess I''ll keep looking.

I would definitely look around more and get a stone online, then maybe buy the setting from the local place if that''s easier. I got a 1.5 G SI1 radiant cut diamond for my engagement ring and it was just a little bit more than this 1.3 H VVS2.

Radiants vary greatly so just make sure to get good photos of the diamond before you buy it if you end up purchasing online. I got my radiant from Whiteflash and they were great to work with in that regard. I also felt like they would tell me the truth as to whether or not the stone was attractive.

And just so you know, Whiteflash sells their own line of cut cornered princesses, which I definitely prefer to a regular princess cut.

Rob9874

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/29/2007 3:22:32 PM
Author: dtnyc
Did you look at this stone?

You should call and find out about it...
http://goodoldgold.com/diamond/2426/

I think something w/ clipped corners would look good w/ that setting - the sharp corners are ''modern'' to me.
I''ll definitely call about that one. The inclusions look visible in the microscopic pics. But I love everything else.

Yes, the sharp corners looking modern is exactly what the jeweler was explaining to us. I think I will get radiant.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2007 7:46:00 PM
Author: bosoxbw

Personally, I''d look at H/VS2 and H/SI1 that are eye-eyeclean. You should also consider G/SI1 (eyeclean), which should be priced similarly to H/VS2.

SPOT-ON advice that I''d emphatically agree with. This is the best range to shop in to maximize your wishes and hers.

Rob9874

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/29/2007 3:48:41 PM
Author: thing2of2

And just so you know, Whiteflash sells their own line of cut cornered princesses, which I definitely prefer to a regular princess cut.
Their X-Factor? From what I could tell, they didn''t have any larger than 1.09 ct.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2007 11:33:24 AM
Author: rjdodd

Date: 3/28/2007 6:50:54 AM
Author: Rockingout

Date: 3/27/2007 10:26:58 PM
Author: risingsun
I agree with thing2of2...A 1.5 ct princess is ~6.5mm x 6.5 mm. Compare that to a 1 ct RB which is ~6.5mm or a 1.5 ct RB which is ~ 7.4mm. That''s a big difference IMO.

have a look at this, the difference is not as big as you say size comparison of round vs princess
A 1.5ct princess is 6.5x6.5mm, for a total face up surface are of ~ 42 sq. mm

A 1.5ct RB is 7.4mm across, for a total face up surface area of ~ 43 sq. mm

They are really not that significantly different physically, but the RB is likely to appear a little bigger perceptually.
This gives me a reason to visit my local jeweler and do some field research
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results