shape
carat
color
clarity

need advice on a remount price

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

laxgirl4493

Rough_Rock
I think I found a great local jeweler from various forums. I got a price to reset my .90 round diamond H-SII with two sides stones of .25 each G-h SII in 14kt white gold for $1100 (thought this sounded good). But I was just looking at Tradeshop under "round accents" and they talk about reseting with a pair of .25's F-G VS $750 for the pair and "Platinum" ring for $650 total = $1350 Im so confused do any of these prices sound right?? Thanks for any help on this

Tarams

Shiny_Rock
I'm not sure if you are having just your center stone mounted in a setting that already has 2 side stones, or if you are also supplying the side stones and all 3 are being put in a casting. Prices seem a bit high either way.
I have had center stones mounted in setting for $75. And I've also purchased mounting (w/anywhere from .50-1.0ct diamonds in them) for $350. - $600. complete. Not sure if this helps!

laxgirl4493

Rough_Rock
Sorry for the confusion I'm looking to purchase the side stones and the 3 stone ring.(I already have the center stone) thanks

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
The first deal sounds like a fair price, and the second deal sounds like a good price.

Remember though to weigh the advantages & disadvantages of dealing with a local jeweler versus an internet company. Both have their good and bad points. Sometimes is pays to pay a little more, and gain something from it (such as a personal relationship). Then again, sometimes it pays to save money.

Lot of help I am, eh?

Rich, GG
Sarasota Gemological Laboratory

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results