Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

need advice on a remount price

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

laxgirl4493

Rough_Rock
I think I found a great local jeweler from various forums. I got a price to reset my .90 round diamond H-SII with two sides stones of .25 each G-h SII in 14kt white gold for $1100 (thought this sounded good). But I was just looking at Tradeshop under "round accents" and they talk about reseting with a pair of .25's F-G VS $750 for the pair and "Platinum" ring for $650 total = $1350 Im so confused do any of these prices sound right?? Thanks for any help on this

Tarams

Shiny_Rock
I'm not sure if you are having just your center stone mounted in a setting that already has 2 side stones, or if you are also supplying the side stones and all 3 are being put in a casting. Prices seem a bit high either way.
I have had center stones mounted in setting for $75. And I've also purchased mounting (w/anywhere from .50-1.0ct diamonds in them) for $350. - $600. complete. Not sure if this helps!

laxgirl4493

Rough_Rock
Sorry for the confusion I'm looking to purchase the side stones and the 3 stone ring.(I already have the center stone) thanks

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
The first deal sounds like a fair price, and the second deal sounds like a good price.

Remember though to weigh the advantages & disadvantages of dealing with a local jeweler versus an internet company. Both have their good and bad points. Sometimes is pays to pay a little more, and gain something from it (such as a personal relationship). Then again, sometimes it pays to save money.

Lot of help I am, eh?

Rich, GG
Sarasota Gemological Laboratory

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Our Favorite Jewels from the 2021 Golden Globes
    Our Favorite Jewels from the 2021 Golden Globes
    Paris Hilton is Engaged
    Paris Hilton is Engaged
    Diamonds and Jewelry - Recommended Reads, Part 2
    Diamonds and Jewelry - Recommended Reads, Part 2

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.