Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Advice And Help Deciding On 2 Different Diamonds

NYMUA24

Rough_Rock
Joined
Feb 13, 2020
Messages
5
Hello,
I am in the process of upgrading my engagement ring. Of course I want bigger and better, but I don’t want to break the bank. I have two different Diamond options and I’m trying to figure out which is the best option for me. The first is a 3.09 natural hpht treated pear shaped diamond, GIA certified VVS1, E, double EX with 1.65 ratio. The second is an untreated 2.70 pear, GIA certified, F SI2 Ex Polish, good Symetry ratio 1.51. The 2.70 looks beautiful but it’s being sold in it’s setting so I have not seen the stone outside of it. It has two cavity inclusions listed as the second inclusion, the first being twining wisps third being feather and then indented natural. The prices are almost identical (the smaller one is $1500 more, but it comes with setting and wedding band) I’m concerned about the cavities and indented natural inclusions. (The cavities are on the pavilion side not the top) This is my third upgrade so I can’t say I will never upgrade this diamond. I want to make sure what ever I buy will hold some value if I ever do decide to sell this stone in the future.
Thank you!
2.70 GIA # 6222457752
3.09 (HPHT) GIA # 6332784419
 

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Dec 17, 2008
Messages
21,304
You (we) can not evaluate fancy cut stones like pears by the numbers. We would need up-close pictures and videos of the stones.
I can tell you that most Pricescopers do not like cavities in their stones.
 

NYMUA24

Rough_Rock
Joined
Feb 13, 2020
Messages
5
That’s all they provided for th 0B1627AA-1FE5-45DF-83E1-CBF74303CA78.png e stone with cavities bc it is set already. I don’t like that aspect either, I feel as if they’re trying to hide something.
 

headlight

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Nov 2, 2003
Messages
1,848
I think you need to find other options. I would not get anything HPHT, and I would not get anything with the inclusions in the other one. These are just not good options and I would not consider them to be an "upgrade".
Tell me about your current diamond so I can see where you are and get an idea of what an upgrade would be.
 

NYMUA24

Rough_Rock
Joined
Feb 13, 2020
Messages
5
I was thinking neither was good option too. I sold the other ring already, but it was a 1.50 ct. modified (elongated) cushion cut, D color, SI1 clarity. It was a Henri Daussi cut which is cut shallow to give a larger table and appearance. E0AA94A1-A9DC-47AD-8F97-9E02BBE21134.jpeg B1502CA9-4D4F-4C20-B4FF-87B98288DE3A.jpeg
 
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor



Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.
Top