Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Advice about selling a 4 carat

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

renita

Rough_Rock
Hi: I am a newbie here and this is my first post. I have a 4 carat diamond w/o a certificate and no apraisal, so this is just a general question. The diamond is good quality, probably a H or I color though. What would be the best way for me to sell such a diamond and about how much could I expect to get. I know I am not giving much information, but if anyone could guide me I would really appreciate it. Thanks

adiamond4sale

Rough_Rock
The diamond is good quality, probably a H or I color though.
is it vs or si or i.is it 4+ carat or 3.96 carat
good luck

Fancy

Shiny_Rock
What shape diamond? Just curious!

I am NO expert, but maybe you should get an appraisal so you know how much it's worth, and know the quality so that you get what you deserve!

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
I would invest the money to have it appraised by an independent appraiser, and then follow the guidelines listed at this site (for private individuals selling jewelry/diamonds):

http://www.midwestgems.com/sell20.html

renita

Rough_Rock
Sorry I was so sketchy. It is about a 4 carat, round brilliant cut, I would say VS1, H or I color, maybe better. I know I need an appraisal. I inherited this diamond and want to sell it. I am no jeweler, but I do know good diamonds. I have been around jewelry all my life, family was in the business. I know I am still being sketchy and definitely need an appraisal. But then where do I go to sell it for the best price?

r

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Diamond Jewelry For 4th Of July Quarantine Celebrations
    Diamond Jewelry For 4th Of July Quarantine Celebrations
    Fancy Greyish Yellowish Green Diamond
    Fancy Greyish Yellowish Green Diamond
    Phenomenal 3.01ct Cushion Brilliant Cut Engagement Ring
    Phenomenal 3.01ct Cushion Brilliant Cut Engagement Ring

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.