shape
carat
color
clarity

Need a Strong Chain

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

VanGo

Rough_Rock
Hi All,
I''m new here, but I''ve been lurking (and driving myself bananas) for a few weeks now. I''m looking for an engagement ring and I''m pretty sure I''ve got a direction and plan for that. (BTW ladies, those 3 ct. solitaires aren''t helping.)

My current question, however, has to do with a little insurance policy. My girlfriend isn''t clumsy, but she''s not a ballerina either. She likes to horse around, go to the gym, play sports, etc. She and I both think it would be a good idea to put the ring on a necklace when she''s doing any of that to avoid damage or loss.

I''ve come to the conclusion I want to get one in titanium for the following reasons:
-Needs to be "silver" in color, she says
-Silver is feels cheap and tarnishes easily
-A platinum necklace would be..uh..cost prohibitive since I''m saving for a ring
-White gold-same as platinum, but with the additional cost of re-plating
-Needs to be strong to avoid breakage
-Light weight is good, right?
-Ring will most likely be platinum, so I think Ti would give a nice contrast
-I''ve got a Ti ring and I think the patina it develops would look good on a necklace

So, Any suggestions on where to get a Ti necklace that is both feminine, but also strong. (tensile strenth, not mannish)

I was looking at something like this:
http://www.titanium-jewelry.com/n-yr01.html

Also, if you have any other suggestions, I''d be open to hearing them. I could always swing by the local second hand store (i.e. Pawn Shop) and see if they''ve got a nice platinum chain for not too much money. A lot of people are cashing in jewelry to pay the bills right now. I think I''d rather go with new titatium, though.

Thanks,
NaMe WiThHeld To ShIelD Id FrOm tHe GF.
9.gif

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I''m not completely convinced that a chain would be safer. Chains can snap and clasps can fail, especially when she''s working out or horsing around, and then she could lose the ring entirely. Best to leave it safely at home when she''s at the gym etc. Or just make sure you have good insurance coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results