shape
carat
color
clarity

need a jeweler in specfic locations.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

biblobaggins23

Shiny_Rock
my fiance is making me do some *homework* before we buy an engagement ring. i got lucky because i get to *help* pick it out!!!!!

anyways, i need to know the best jewelers anyone has worked with personally or know someone who has worked with a jeweler in atlanta, ga; los angeles, ca; new york, new york; and mississippi, and dallas.

my fiance lives in mississippi and i live in atlanta so we''ll be taking some time over the holidays between these 2 places to find good, reputable jewelers. it doesn''t have to be tiffanys (although we''ll probably go for the trill of window shopping) but if its someone who works from their home thats cool too.

we''ll also be looking in los angeles, ca; new york, ny; and dallas, tx because i''m traveling to these places on business with him/sight seeing.

the most important thing we are looking for is someone who sells high quality diamonds with high quality clarity and high quality cuts and a wide selection of diamonds/designs. also a place where the diamond won''t fall out of the settings cause i worry about things like that. it must be real diamonds that can be gia certified or are already certified.

if you could post web links, names, or phone numbers (so we can make appointments) of people that are good that would be so helpful!!!

thank you soooooo much!!!!
36.gif
i''m so excited!!!!!!! yay!!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, we recently bought my new diamond through Good Old Gold, which is near Long Island, NY. Jonathan carries outstanding quality stones, either GIA or AGS certified. He runs lots of tests on the stones so that you know what you are getting. Take a look at some stones on his website and you''ll see what I mean! But even if you didn''t go there (we didn''t, we ordered online and by phone), it is well worth reading his diamond tutorial. There are a lot of pictures that will show you characteristics like color and clarity. But pay special attention to the part on cut, particularly if you are interested in a round stone. But he can get outstanding fancy shaped stones as well. Kenny just bought a magnificent asscher the other day, and Kaleigh had them find her a perfect oval. Mine is a beautiful round! Here''s the link to the site and to the tutorial:

http://www.goodoldgold.com/

http://www.goodoldgold.com/4Cs/

There is a nice shape tutorial as well:

http://www.goodoldgold.com/ShapeTutorials/ShapeTips1/

Carlotta

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/25/2006 3:39:31 PM
Author:biblobaggins23
my fiance is making me do some *homework* before we buy an engagement ring. i got lucky because i get to *help* pick it out!!!!!

anyways, i need to know the best jewelers anyone has worked with personally or know someone who has worked with a jeweler in atlanta, ga; los angeles, ca; new york, new york; and mississippi, and dallas.

my fiance lives in mississippi and i live in atlanta so we''ll be taking some time over the holidays between these 2 places to find good, reputable jewelers. it doesn''t have to be tiffanys (although we''ll probably go for the trill of window shopping) but if its someone who works from their home thats cool too.

we''ll also be looking in los angeles, ca; new york, ny; and dallas, tx because i''m traveling to these places on business with him/sight seeing.

the most important thing we are looking for is someone who sells high quality diamonds with high quality clarity and high quality cuts and a wide selection of diamonds/designs. also a place where the diamond won''t fall out of the settings cause i worry about things like that. it must be real diamonds that can be gia certified or are already certified.

if you could post web links, names, or phone numbers (so we can make appointments) of people that are good that would be so helpful!!!

thank you soooooo much!!!!
36.gif
i''m so excited!!!!!!! yay!!!!
Hmmmmmmmmm.
Something about this post makes me think it''s related to an earlier post in which someone was trying to supply readers with cheaper diamonds........

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/25/2006 8:12:12 PM
Author: Carlotta
Hmmmmmmmmm.
Something about this post makes me think it''s related to an earlier post in which someone was trying to supply readers with cheaper diamonds........
(Oh, I saw those, too.)

Okay, just in case, I''ll address this.

NO WAY is anyone in their right mind going to buy a diamond from someone in their HOME! You buy from a reputable vendor with a store (or office at least) who has many recommendations of satisfied customers. I wouldn''t even buy from an online vendor unless I had many references.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
If you are in the process of doing your homework, this is a good place to start. There is a lot to read on PS and many posts about various vendors. You have quite a broad range of locations you are interested in!!

biblobaggins23

Shiny_Rock
ohhh duh.....of course no jeweler would sell any diamond from their home for real obvious reasons. i apologize!!!! wow! that was a major brain fart of mine.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
About the same time you asked, someone came on here who was obviously testing the waters for buying diamonds and trying to sell them. That wouldn''t be allowed on the forum, but you happened to post your comment at the same time which made it look like you might have had ties to the other person.

DBM

Shiny_Rock
I know of a number of associates who used to work full-time in the diamond business but subsequently chose to do something else primarily while occasionally selling diamonds on the side to former customers, friends, associates, whatever. They sometimes may use an office in the district or sometimes sell out of their home and they do give at fair prices.

I do understand from the a customer standpoint that there''s a greater sense of reliabitlity in purchasing from a vendor that is more "established" but i would just object to the idea that anyone selling out of a home is a bad idea. not necessarily. to each his own.

biblobaggins23

Shiny_Rock
yeah...lol....no i don''t have connections with this person. yeah, i just realized why i would be a bady idea. thanks! lol!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results