shape
carat
color
clarity

Necklace: The Sun, the Moon, and the Stars!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hold the sun, the moon, and the stars in my hand!

I've been wanting this necklace for quite a while. It's 925 sterling silver with blue topaz stars, and was a very reasonable price - well under $100. I thought it was so whimsical, but went back and forth on it, because even though it was inexpensive, I only want to buy something if I'm sure and if I will wear it, so I slept on it for quite a while. I hate wasting any money or having items lying around unworn. I got it from the rock and mineral store a few towns over, which I love, and which has lots of pretty things like this for good prices. I noticed that others were trying it on, and I knew there is not another one. So I picked it up last night, and am so glad I did! I've been admiring it for about two months. It's so pretty - I love it! (Hugging myself with glee!)

I love the detail on the sun's face, and I love the way the sun is blowing in the wind.

The piece feels substantial - it weighs 9g - and the chain is adjustable from 16-18 inches. Today I'm wearing it over a very nice navy sweater with a built-in collar that belonged to my mother. It's by a posh designer that I would never buy from myself - she loved clothes. Thanks to the adjustable chain, today I get to wear my new necklace together with my mother's fancy sweater.

Enjoy the images!

dscn0158.jpg

dscn0156.jpg

dscn0179.jpg

dscn0136__2_.jpg

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Three more.

dscn0132__2_.jpg

dscn0149.jpg

dscn0153.jpg

Q

Queenie60

Very pretty Jamba - and it looks great with your (St John?) sweater! Enjoy.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jambalaya, I love it! I totally LOVE it!!! :love: It looks so beautiful and so...different! I have never seen such a necklace before. The sun seems to have an expression! Unbelieveble! Congrats and wear it in good health :appl: :appl: :appl:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much Queenie and natylad! Queenie - the sweater is Aquascutum. Not quite as expensive as St. John! Since I normally buy mine from Banana Republic, it seems quite luxe to me! I think it would cost about $400-500 today, which is quite a lot for a sweater, in my book! I feel good when I wear it.

I forgot - I have some 3mm blue topaz and silver tiny studs which will go beautifully with the necklace, from the same store. Tried to show the earrings and necklace worn together - not a great photo but you get the idea:

The earrings and necklace together cost well under $115 but all are real stones and sterling silver. I think it's a pretty look - and a "lot of look" - for the price. :appl:

dscn0189.jpg

dscn0188.jpg

dscn0194.jpg

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
natyLad|1455311685|3990286 said:
Jambalaya, I love it! I totally LOVE it!!! :love: It looks so beautiful and so...different! I have never seen such a necklace before. The sun seems to have an expression! Unbelieveble! Congrats and wear it in good health :appl: :appl: :appl:

That's so sweet, natylad! I'm glad someone else seems to love it as much as I do. I sometimes feel it's all the really expensive pieces that steal all the love on here!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jambalaya|1455313753|3990292 said:

That's so sweet, natylad! I'm glad someone else seems to love it as much as I do. I sometimes feel it's all the really expensive pieces that steal all the love on here!

Very true ;))

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
natyLad|1455376179|3990515 said:
Jambalaya|1455313753|3990292 said:

Very true ;))
Your pieces are so much fun! As to the bolded part, I would also agree. Im a bit of a jewelry collector too, but I don't post threads on everything I own bc of this. Also, I know there is another thread entitled the random bling thread and since I joined PS I always inferred that that thread was for those types of pieces. Of course, there are no rules about this or are there? Maybe someone can chime in.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooh! I love this :love: :love: Especially combined with your mum's fancy sweater. Enjoy wearing your new necklace.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Nala!

The only rule for SMTB is that everything must be real.

I like the random bling thread too, but I see it more for pieces that I'm not totally in love with, but which people might like to see anyway. Actually, Big Blue (as I call my kyanite) was inexpensive too, about $160. But I think if it's real and you're completely in love with it, then into SMTB it goes! The two inexpensive pieces I currently have in SMTB are a little bit different IMHO - and I adore them too - so I put them into SMTB. As an example of something I have but wouldn't devote a thread to, I have some sunstone drop earrings in silver bezels that cost about $35. I think sunstone is an interesting semi-precious gem because it's bright orange and really glittery - it has little glittery pieces in it - and so it doesn't look real, but it's actually completely natural! I have a number of interesting but inexpensive pieces like that all from the same rock and mineral store, so at some point I'm going to do an SMTB thread with all those interesting-but-inexpensive pieces from that store. But if I had only the sunstone earrings, I'd put them into the Random thread because although I think it's an interesting stone, I don't love the earrings as much as all that.

I think it's just down to individual judgment. As long as it's real, if you think it's special, do a thread in SMTB! After all, no one has to look at it if the inexpensive pieces don't float their boats. :D

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1455380045|3990528 said:
Ooooh! I love this :love: :love: Especially combined with your mum's fancy sweater. Enjoy wearing your new necklace.

Thank you, Acinom! I love both of your new rings - you really are the Ring Queen - but I especially adore that luminous zircon! :love:

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jamba, I adore this necklace!! It's totally whimsical and fun and I can actually see you getting a lot of wear out of it! I have no idea where you live (and that's not a hint to say on PS ;-) ), but I think it would be so fun to visit the rock and mineral store you mention. You know I just love your pieces so it's totally fun for me to see what new things you've added to your collection! :appl:

I also think it's fantastic to see pieces that range all over the place price wise. I get just as much enjoyment seeing inexpensive pieces as I do uber expensive ones. Just sayin'....... Hint, hint, Nala.....post away!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sweet! I love fun jewelry! My favorite necklace is actually silver and holds a small BGD diamond.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is sooo pretty!!! :appl: Are you keeping the source a secret? I think my artist daughter might love this!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JDDN|1455388529|3990580 said:
Jamba, I adore this necklace!! It's totally whimsical and fun and I can actually see you getting a lot of wear out of it! I have no idea where you live (and that's not a hint to say on PS ;-) ), but I think it would be so fun to visit the rock and mineral store you mention. You know I just love your pieces so it's totally fun for me to see what new things you've added to your collection! :appl:

I also think it's fantastic to see pieces that range all over the place price wise. I get just as much enjoyment seeing inexpensive pieces as I do uber expensive ones. Just sayin'....... Hint, hint, Nala.....post away!!

Thank you, JDDN! I'm cagey about my location because I think that over time, people can build up quite a picture of you via PS. So I try to be discreet! But a lot of the pieces are from the designer I'm about to tell Diamondseeker about - scroll down!

It's true - inexpensive pieces can be very pretty indeed!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
tyty333|1455404741|3990671 said:
Sweet! I love fun jewelry! My favorite necklace is actually silver and holds a small BGD diamond.

Thanks, tyty333! Your silver BGD number sounds great - have you posted it in SMTB? Did you get it set locally? :appl:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1455418666|3990791 said:
That is sooo pretty!!! :appl: Are you keeping the source a secret? I think my artist daughter might love this!

Hi diamondseeker, I'm glad you like my necklace! The designer is Vera Wolf. http://www.verawolf.com/

The necklace isn't on their website, but if you email them with this thread, perhaps they will find you one or make you a new one. Mine cost $79 plus tax, buying retail. Good luck!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
It's a pretty and whimsical piece, and complements your blue sweater nicely. Thank you for sharing.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really pretty, I think this is a lovely and unique piece!! :love:

alongcat

Rough_Rock
Sooooo pretty! I love it! :love:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww, thank you everyone! It's not as expensive as so many pieces here, but it's fun!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Not sure how I missed this! :wall: Jamba, your new necklace is very unique and quite lovely! :appl: I love these great pieces you find! It must be fabulous to change things out as the mood strikes you. :dance: I think it looks perfect with your earrings too! Great find! :clap:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great excitement! The store has another one of these necklaces but with different gemstones! It's exactly the same but the stones are multi-colored: amethyst, garnet, peridot, citrine, blue topaz.

I'm torn. I find the design of the necklace so charming, but I do prefer the blue topaz, which I already have, over the multi-colored, because blue "stars" are more celestial and in keeping with the theme of the necklace. Also, I should really stop buying jewelry - I have so much. But it's such a unique, rare necklace and the chance to own two versions is very appealing. :think:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jambalaya|1465268823|4041019 said:
Great excitement! The store has another one of these necklaces but with different gemstones! It's exactly the same but the stones are multi-colored: amethyst, garnet, peridot, citrine, blue topaz.

I'm torn. I find the design of the necklace so charming, but I do prefer the blue topaz, which I already have, over the multi-colored, because blue "stars" are more celestial and in keeping with the theme of the necklace. Also, I should really stop buying jewelry - I have so much. But it's such a unique, rare necklace and the chance to own two versions is very appealing. :think:

Hi Jambalaya,
Sorry to "thread jack" here, but just wondering if you might be willing to share the name of the vendor? Obviously not to "scoop" this particular one from you, but I'd love to get this necklace (with any color stones) for my mother. Ever since I was a child, we've used the phrase "sun, moon, stars, to infinity and beyond!" as a way of saying "I love you". And we often just shorten it via text to "sun, moon, stars". I think she'd be so touched if I could find something like this.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Lovedogs, the designer is Vera Wolf. It's not on her website though so you'd have to contact the company. I bet they could custom- make it for you in whatever color stone you prefer. I like the blue best, but I also think alternating amethyst and peridot would look amazing.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jambalaya|1465271508|4041035 said:
Hi Lovedogs, the designer is Vera Wolf. It's not on her website though so you'd have to contact the company. I bet they could custom- make it for you in whatever color stone you prefer. I like the blue best, but I also think alternating amethyst and peridot would look amazing.

Thanks so much! I reached out to her via email. I think she'd like either all blue, or maybe alternating blue/peridot. But agree that ammy + peridot would be great too. Excited to see pics if you end up purchasing the second one! :appl:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No problem, Lovedogs. Could you let me know what they say? I wouldn't mind having one made in alternating amethyst and peridot, or else all pink amethyst. Just for price ref, I paid $79 plus tax for my blue one.

It seems the company is based in Bali, but they have offices in Connecticut. According to their website, the jewelry is made using local artisans.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovedogs, have you heard anything? I contacted the company too but haven't heard back yet.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovedogs, Vera Wolf has a store in CT. Their number is 203-458-1133.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results