shape
carat
color
clarity

Natural vs Man Made - really man made....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

laney

Brilliant_Rock
I keep seeing posts regarding the lab created diamonds - have you guys ever seen the Life Gem site?

http://www.lifegem.com/

It''s really NOT a joke. Now - I guess here''s a poll to do - would you choose a natural diamond - or one that you previously knew. Ok. that''s funny and sad at the same time.

Honestly - if it wasn''t so wierd, it''d be nice. But I still think it''s the weird part.

They are working on "white" diamonds too - must be the same equipment as mentioned in the other thread.

munchelj

Rough_Rock
The diamonds that they are making now are all yellow. I don't think there is a big market in yellow diamonds. I hope it works out for them, but I don't think they will do anything until they can make a white diamond.

laney

Brilliant_Rock
I agree. I just can't figure out if it's creepy or interesting.
sick.gif

The "ads" on the site are just over the top!

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Whoa, that's pretty weird.
eek.gif
I just looked at the site - do do do do!

munchelj

Rough_Rock
If you want to see an improvement on a diamond you need to look at www.star129.com.

Toska

Shiny_Rock
I certainly think there is a market for lifegem.

I would buy one, its a nice thought. I would rather have a "loved one diamond" over a mined one.

Its time for a new poll Mara!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is gross!

I know a lady that keeps her husbands ashes in a container in her kitchen and shows it to everyone who visits.
grosses me out big time.

Toska

Shiny_Rock
The only problem is that I don't believe in cremation. The body belongs in the ground, cremation is immoral.

I don't think that one human beings carbon remains would be any different to another human being. This is just a marketing trick.

Any experts wish to chime in and back this up?

laney

Brilliant_Rock
Toska -

Not an expert. But what you ask - I think scientifically that would have to be true. I guess their "schitck" is that it is purely sentimental carbon.

Maybe a pet would be more appropriate?

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
This debuted last year. They are incrediably expensive - like 25k per carat. Pretty foolish to me.

Chrisk327

Rough_Rock
Weird
I wouldn't do it myself, I wouldn't want to be a diamond, nor would I want to have/give one. I can see it being sentimental, but it weirds me out some.

To be offtopic, I do believe in cremation, that I have no problem with.
to me it goes with the whole "Ashes to Ashes"

I believe cremation is perfectly moral, Personally being put in the ground isn't for me. I don't like enclosed spaces now, I doubt I'll like it when i'm dead.

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Toska,

(Apologies for being off subject BUT...)
Just curious (as our family has just recently had this discussion) why do you feel cremation is immoral?

Volred

Rough_Rock
I would rather be cremated when I die. It makes me smaller, and I wont take up as much space in the graveyard.
Everything rots away anyways, so what good are my bones?

Bah, cremate me, then I think it would be cool (and still creepy) to be turned into a diamond..
I can just see my family history in 200 years. All my brothers and children are on a shelf as diamonds, with little plaques underneath giving our name and 1981-2058 year thingy.

I can just hear it now. "JOHNNY!! put great grandpa Tim back on the shelf, he is NOT a toy, he is your grandfather" LOL

Or one could take the rough diamond, and use a laser to shape it into what my body looks like. So there there is a miniature me, made from my carbon ashes..

He he. But still a little bit freaky

laney

Brilliant_Rock
Ok - even freekier...

Imagine a proposal with one of this rings -

Him :"it was my mom"
Her :"don't you mean it was your mother's ring?"
Him : "no, it really was my mom"

sorry. ouch.

Toska

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 12/20/2003 3:54:47 PM icelady wrote:

Toska,

Just curious (as our family has just recently had this discussion) why do you feel cremation is immoral?----------------

To answer your question, I am Christian and we as Christians do not believe in cremation. Read this article for further clarification... Click Here

saint.gif

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Toska,

Thank you for the info, I have been looking for just such information.

Thanks again,

21.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 12/20/2003 7:42:29 PM Toska wrote:

----------------
On 12/20/2003 3:54:47 PM icelady wrote:

Toska,

Just curious (as our family has just recently had this discussion) why do you feel cremation is immoral?----------------

To answer your question, I am Christian and we as Christians do not believe in cremation. Read this article for further clarification... Click Here

saint.gif

----------------

Toska, with all due respect, not *all* Christians believe this; nor, do they interpret the Bible as such. If you follow this logic, no one would pierce their ears. I respect your belief; but, I wanted to add that this is not necessarily an encompassing belief.

Editted to add: BTW, this belief is not only encompassing to Christians.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Some Christians believe that not all and not even most.

If you follow that logic then someone buried a few hundred years ago cannot be raised up because they have become one with the ground.
How about someone caught in a lava flow? Are they fated not to rise?
How about someone ate by a shark and turned into shark doo?

Ashes to ashes dust to dust.

Toska

Shiny_Rock
All Eastern Orthodox Christians have this belief, as they they were the very first Christians who spread the teaching throughout Europe and stick to the old teachings and customs more than any type of Christian.

By the way, I have my ear pierced, it is only Jehovah's Witnesses who do not believe in ear piercing.

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Hello Toska

I'm not trying to insult your faith, however, Eastern Orthodox Christianity is a minority religion, so a blanket statement like "Cremation is immoral" wouldn't fit the majority of the world views.

Personally, I think it's time in the world where religion should take second stage to human need. One thing the world doesn't need is more room set aside for cemeteries and gold courses. (unless of course, someone finally combines the two!)

win

Toska

Shiny_Rock
Minority religion? It spans from all of Russia to almost half of europe, if you work it out by land mass, eastern orthodox is the largest in the world.
2.gif

The largest religion in the world according to followers is muslim. They are against cremation aswell.

Winyan you typed, "Cremation is immoral" wouldn't fit the majority of the world views. Over 80% of the world is against cremation based on their religion and that is an absolute fact, its definately the majority who are against cremation. Not everyone follows every teaching in their religion though. Some Christians do like to be cremated. I'm not sure what branch of Christianity they come from.

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I'm a mostly adherent Roman Catholic. As you likely well know we are hardly a 'minority religion.'
1.gif
We have nothing against cremation, and just like my English and Irish forebearers, I will be cremated when I die. And there will be a wake, oh yes, there will be a wake.
9.gif

Caratz

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 12/21/2003 2:03:10 PM winyan wrote:

Hello Toska

I'm not trying to insult your faith, however, Eastern Orthodox Christianity is a minority religion, so a blanket statement like 'Cremation is immoral' wouldn't fit the majority of the world views.

Personally, I think it's time in the world where religion should take second stage to human need. One thing the world doesn't need is more room set aside for cemeteries and gold courses. (unless of course, someone finally combines the two!)

win
----------------

I think that the historical Christian objection to cremation is that the body is considered a holy thing, and cremation is an act of violence against the body. Cremation shows no respect for the body -- as if the soul is the only thing that matters -- and implies that the body can be deliberately destroyed. At least that is the traditional argument as I understand it.

Having said that, I like cemetaries (but not golf courses). Like parks, I think they are peaceful places and can be quite beautiful. I would rather have more cemetaries around than strip malls!

Toska

Shiny_Rock
Cremation is not something that strikes a chord with me. I honestly am not fussed if 99% of the world was into cremation. I do not think any differently of my friends who would like to b cremated. When it comes down to it, I would not like anyone from my family to be cremated.

Hey, this is a diamond forum isn't it?
Soon we will start talking about topics such as
Is George Bush the anti-christ?
11.gif

Benny Hinn the 33rd level Freemason?
The bible predicts Babylon(America) will fall?
Why was every U.S president a freemason except JFK? you all know what happened to him!
Why does the freemason symbol appear on U.S money?
Is 33rd level freemasonry devil worshipping?
how does America's attempts at controlling the world, NWO-New World Order tie in to the bible and its predictions?
read.gif
2.gif

We should not turn this forum into conflicting religious views.
wavey.gif

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Toska...

Err, Seventh day Adventists don't believe in wearing jewelry either.

I think (personally) what we do is based upon our own moral code, not something someone else has dictated.

win

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
BTW, Toska, since you'd probably consider me a "Pagan" or a "Heathen" since I believe in my ancestors' ways of worship, I am very happy to be cremated, or else, in the ways of my ancestors, be exposed on burial platform, for the winged ones dining pleasure.

However you should be aware that 'Heathen' merely means "those dwelling on the 'heath', and 'Pagan', those who dwell on the plains.

A blanket statement that cremation is 'immoral' is offensive to me.

win

Toska

Shiny_Rock
Winyan,

I work with a Pagan and she is a practicing witch. I don't think of her as a "heathen" as you like to put it. Everyone to their own beliefs, if she believes that drinking a potion shall have a positive effect on something, then good on her. I have never criticized any of her practices.

Once people start sacrificing living things for the sake of acquiring "mana" or whatever you like to call it, then that is going to far in my opinion. They have succumbed to the teachings of A.Crowley. Are you a follower of Mr Crowley?
11.gif

Maybe you should read my post again. "The only problem is that I don't believe in cremation. The body belongs in the ground, cremation is immoral."
How has my sole opinion all of a sudden become a blanket statement?

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
"How has my sole opinion all of a sudden become a blanket statement?"

It became a blanket statement when you made sweeping generalizations about Christians & their belief systems.

Caratz

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 12/22/2003 11:02:32 PM canadiangrrl wrote:

It became a blanket statement when you made sweeping generalizations about Christians & their belief systems.
----------------

And yet, historically speaking, Tosca got it right. Intentionally destroying the body after death (or, for that matter, turning it into a diamond) is a rather recent phenomenon in the history of Christian practices.

Toska

Shiny_Rock
Ditto Caratz.

I'm glad someone can accept a fact as a fact.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results