shape
carat
color
clarity

Natural round for review

RareBird

Rough_Rock
Yeah you guys are right. I just requested a few more pics. Maybe they can be the deciding factor. I appreciate all you guys help. Thanks. I’ll post the pics when I hear back from WF. And like wiz said. I might get one sent to me to actually see it in person. I got a little time on my side. Not a ton but a little.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok so clearly you're looking at HIJ color, but just wanted to give a bit of perspective about color and ideal cuts. This is gross bathroom lighting this morning,but wanted to show what a super ideal cut N in 1ct looks like (from CBI, now called Legacy diamonds).

For me, it wasn't warm ENOUGH haha.

Not saying it's colorless (clearly it's not), but even against the colorless halo melee I dont see much color

20230518_080522.jpg 20230518_080559.jpg

Now when it's side by side with a G colored moissanite the warmth is much more obvious:
20230518_080647.jpg

But my overall point is that for most people, a super ideal cut HIJ isn't going to look "warm" unless it's literally right beside a DEF stone of similar size.

RareBird

Rough_Rock
Wow. Very nice! I woulda never thought it was that far in the color list from the pics. Looks great! Good stuff to know. I’m just going off things I’ve read on the internet. I’m sure me or my gf won’t be able to notice color differences in real life but it almost feels like I’m breaking some rule by going with a J in a 2ct+ stone. And I’m not sure if I is much different. I like the I stone in my options as a well rounded pic but if the colors are truly similar I might as well go for the bigger j. Hopefully the pics they send will push me towards one. Thanks for the input.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. Very nice! I woulda never thought it was that far in the color list from the pics. Looks great! Good stuff to know. I’m just going off things I’ve read on the internet. I’m sure me or my gf won’t be able to notice color differences in real life but it almost feels like I’m breaking some rule by going with a J in a 2ct+ stone. And I’m not sure if I is much different. I like the I stone in my options as a well rounded pic but if the colors are truly similar I might as well go for the bigger j. Hopefully the pics they send will push me towards one. Thanks for the input.

Your thought process makes total sense!

breanne

Brilliant_Rock
You know, I totally get your thoughts, but also, I think part of the distaste for the lower colors comes engrained from advertising. I went to Tiffany's and they told me the reason their I color wasn't sparkling as much as the D, was becaue of color alone. Ah, wrong. Lol.
If I were to upgrade again, I would go back down in color, I went from a J color to an E... the E feels very white in my opinion. So, again, it's really perspective and not something anyone is right or wrong about. I say try the J, if it's not that off putting to you now, its worth looking at.

KBM

Rough_Rock
Here's my 3ct J ACA from Whiteflash next to F/G eternity bands from IDJ if that helps!
IMG_9160.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_8359.jpg
    IMG_8359.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 31

RareBird

Rough_Rock
I just got a few more pics and a little video. I can say one thing, they do have top notch customer service! BA1D961C-5B03-4C38-B587-E92A19A007CD.png The upside down pic looks just like a poster board pic for a color chart. I think each of them are classified well. One thing that’s for certain is the J looks jumbo next to the other 2.

Attachments

• A70DE0C4-DBE1-4D90-B6E6-F292C32BC348.png
    A70DE0C4-DBE1-4D90-B6E6-F292C32BC348.png
    898.9 KB · Views: 19
  • CF080D81-1C8A-4554-9068-309F861DD0A2.png
    CF080D81-1C8A-4554-9068-309F861DD0A2.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 19

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are truly a great company! The J definitely has the size - are you seriously considering it? Big and bold!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Here’s the video link

I doubt that 98% of people in the planet would be able to discern differences in color between all three if they were mounted in settings and viewed in everyday normal viewing environments where they'll be gathering and reflecting everything around the immediate vicinity.
Between these three H-J, I don't think there's a wrong choice.
If you want more icy, then D-F, maybe G, would be the route to take (with the probable sacrifice to clarity and size).
That amazing 2.33 dwarfs the others!

NY_Resonant

Shiny_Rock
Here's my 3ct J ACA from Whiteflash next to F/G eternity bands from IDJ if that helps!
IMG_9160.jpg

Love that icy white FG from IDJ.

Fiancee and I getting our wedding bands from IDJ next week!!

Your pictures illustrate the color difference well. I would not want someone to think a J will look as icy white as an F 2ct stone — super ideal or not, it just won’t. Beautiful yes but there will be a bit of noticeable warmth (Which many like seeing!).

NY_Resonant

Shiny_Rock
I doubt that 98% of people in the planet would be able to discern differences in color between all three if they were mounted in settings and viewed in everyday normal viewing environments where they'll be gathering and reflecting everything around the immediate vicinity.
Between these three H-J, I don't think there's a wrong choice.
If you want more icy, then D-F, maybe G, would be the route to take (with the probable sacrifice to clarity and size).
That amazing 2.33 dwarfs the others!

I agree with you here. Amongst those three, the size difference makes a LOT of sense for the subtle color difference.

I suggest the buyer consider looking at the J next to a beautiful F, even if smaller, to understand the color tradeoff a bit better.

breanne

Brilliant_Rock
Here’s the video link

Go for the J! That is where you’ll see the color most, enlarged on your screen against a flat white background next two less color diamonds. If that hasn’t bothered you, def see it in person.

RareBird

Rough_Rock
They are truly a great company! The J definitely has the size - are you seriously considering it? Big and bold!

Definitely, my girlfriend has a really big ring size. I can’t remember exactly how it went down but after we had a baby I remember her talking about her fingers getting bigger and getting hard to find rings that fit. I don’t know if it’s permanent or if fingers fluctuate but I did the virtual ring sizer thing recently with one of her current everyday rings and it was a size 10. I’m hoping it’s accurate. I don’t have any other way to get a measurement. So I’m pretty much trying to decide between the 2.05 I and the 2.33 J. I think the H might be a little small. I almost want to go with the 2.05 so if one day we do upgrade down the road it will be a little easier to go up in Ct weight. She doesn’t like change much though so I don’t think she’d ever want to trade out her ring. Maybe though. But yeah I’m trying to decide. I watched the video and def can see the color in J more then the other. Which is expected. But the size difference looks massive all zoomed in.

RareBird

Rough_Rock
Go for the J! That is where you’ll see the color most, enlarged on your screen against a flat white background next two less color diamonds. If that hasn’t bothered you, def see it in person.

Yeah for sure! That’s what I’m thinking. I do notice it in the video but wether it bothers me or not. I don’t even know the answer to that question. Not sure if it will bother my gf either. I think I’m gonna make a decision soon. I think.

breanne

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah for sure! That’s what I’m thinking. I do notice it in the video but wether it bothers me or not. I don’t even know the answer to that question. Not sure if it will bother my gf either. I think I’m gonna make a decision soon. I think.

I went through this exactly, I def saw it in my videos/photos, but it wasn’t at all negative thing in real life. I actually miss it now ha.

breanne

Brilliant_Rock

IMG_2792.jpeg IMG_6215.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6206.jpeg
    IMG_6206.jpeg
    146.7 KB · Views: 7

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very subtle differences in color, yet very noticeable size difference. Also love the VS1 clarity.

IMO the J is your winner. If it’s too warm, save a few bucks and trade up in color. It seems to alleviate all your concerns the most.

No RAGRETS! :lol:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I honestly don't see any difference between the J and I other than size (but I know I'm not color sensitive). I would get the J all day long

RareBird

Rough_Rock
I agree with you here. Amongst those three, the size difference makes a LOT of sense for the subtle color difference.

I suggest the buyer consider looking at the J next to a beautiful F, even if smaller, to understand the color tradeoff a bit better.

I’ve kinda stayed away from looking at the DEF’s on purpose. I’ve already raised my budget a few times to get to where I’m at. I’m trying to maximize size because of my gf’s ring size which is why I’m in this color range. Which started at H, went to I, back to H, now to J. I think I just need to commit to something before I go crazy changing my mind so much.

RareBird

Rough_Rock
I went through this exactly, I def saw it in my videos/photos, but it wasn’t at all negative thing in real life. I actually miss it now ha.

Really good to know! Pics look great. I’m really leaning towards it. I think I’m going to sleep on it and make a decision tomorrow.

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
Really good to know! Pics look great. I’m really leaning towards it. I think I’m going to sleep on it and make a decision tomorrow.

Go big or go home!! I think the J is beautiful!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results