Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Something else?

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Ladybug/Ladybird

Votes: 6 20.7%

• Total voters

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Meet my new (as yet nameless) project. Would anyone suggest a name? I’m stumped. She sort of looks like a bumblebee heading west, but then, she also looks like a gerbera daisy, or a melting ice cream lollie, or a blob. AlexT said Ladybug, and that’s a good one.
Thoughts?

Details: 4.5mm OEC, clear as day, probably an “L” color, with a truly microscopic chip on an upper crown facet, of no consequence at this small size, with five graduated single cut diamonds set like leaves (or wings), in 14k un-plated vintage white gold. I didn’t need her, but the thought of leaving her behind saddened me into bidding. Been looking forward to this for a week, and wearing her now! Yay!

Before, in seller’s photo:
7804DFB5-3FA8-488A-96CA-228F379E1B5B.jpeg

Before, zoomed in when I got her:
D94D5341-DE82-462D-ABAF-EA06618ED35B.jpeg

And now, After, as my necklace:
9046AB89-AE8D-44E7-ABE6-067B086EDF9D.jpeg

I still have yet to do a final polish to remove tool marks, but this is pretty close to the finished result. Possibly a change of chain to Rose Gold, if I can find one inexpensively.

Last edited:

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
When you zoomed in, it looked like a turtle to me. But that is not really a name is it. I think she looks lively.. like Tinkerbelle with the wings.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
She looks like a Lollie to me.

Looks fantastic! Did you DIY?

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful job! Looks like a Ladybug to me!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its really nice! I love it!

So you cut off the shank and twisted it to form a bail!
Great idea!
I did this once for a friend a long time ago, with her mother's ring that she wanted to wear as a pendant.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Yep, used a fine New sawblade for removing the doohickey from the shank, and a thick patch of Nubuck leather to cover the needle nose pliers as I bent the swag down and around. Took 10 minutes because I’m slow and out of practice.

I love love love the idea that she could be a Ladybug (or Ladybird for our Anglo friends). What would you name a Ladybug?

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
How beautiful! I vote Daisy, Ladybug or Mariquita. Bumblebee will always be a Transformer in my mind, so that would be my last choice (even though he's awesome, not quite right for such a lovely pendant).

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Meet my new (as yet nameless) project. Would anyone suggest a name? I’m stumped. She sort of looks like a bumblebee heading west, but then, she also looks like a gerbera daisy, or a melting ice cream lollie, or a blob. AlexT said Ladybug, and that’s a good one.
Thoughts?

Details: 4.5mm OEC, clear as day, probably an “L” color, with a truly microscopic chip on an upper crown facet, of no consequence at this small size, with five graduated single cut diamonds set like leaves (or wings), in 14k un-plated vintage white gold. I didn’t need her, but the thought of leaving her behind saddened me into bidding. Been looking forward to this for a week, and wearing her now! Yay!

Before, in seller’s photo:
7804DFB5-3FA8-488A-96CA-228F379E1B5B.jpeg

Before, zoomed in when I got her:
D94D5341-DE82-462D-ABAF-EA06618ED35B.jpeg

And now, After, as my necklace:
9046AB89-AE8D-44E7-ABE6-067B086EDF9D.jpeg

I still have yet to do a final polish to remove tool marks, but this is pretty close to the finished result. Possibly a change of chain to Rose Gold, if I can find one inexpensively.

Phoenix - it rose from the ashes ;-) Very pretty conversion.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No idea what to name her but this is a beautiful transformation, much like a butterfly.

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like Phoenix but it's a little sharp, then I thought Chrysalis might sound better, but the image it provokes maybe isn't quite so good.

To me your pendant looks like a flower hanging from a basket, so I vote for Sweet Pea. =)2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results