shape
carat
color
clarity

My year long search for an upgrade - my VictorCanera CAC!

ERRN

Rough_Rock
Coming out of lurkdom to tell the story of my amazing upgrade. About this time last year I was trying on some "diamonds" at a local store. You know, the ones that come out around the holidays in the middle of the aisles at department stores for $19.95. Well that got me to thinking, "why not upgrade?" I was coming up to some milestones in my life, and I love diamonds, so I thought this would be as good a time as any. Now I have been perfectly happy with my .70 marquise, circa late 1980's with the chunky gold setting that covered my finger up to my knuckle. It was a second marriage for DH and I, so we picked it out together from a friend's B&M store, and he assured me it was a "good stone" since I knew nothing about diamonds. I loved the stone and the setting. (I actually still do, and might turn it into a RHR.) I was a nurse working in a busy ER, so after ripping off a prong on a trauma cart, the ring went into the jewelry box for the next 18 years. When I started working a less hazardous job, I enjoyed wearing my diamond again. So back to last year and my decision to upgrade.

Being much more suave, and google being my friend, I turned to the internet to learn about diamonds. I set a budget and decided I wanted a 1 caret RB. Then I started reading about super ideal, GIA, AGS, triple X, 000, and in the midst of my confusion, I found Pricescope and have been a lurker since. I have learned so much from all of you, gotten good advice, even though you didn't know you gave it to me. (YOU being so many posters I can't even mention you all). So my "I want" increased and so did my budget by necessity, so I had to "save up". My plan was to have a ring by the end of this year. I almost pulled the trigger on a 1.3 super ideal RB, then I decided I wanted a 1.5, then a 1.7. I looked at so many of the recommended vendors. All awesome. Then I found my way to Victor Canera and Canera Antique Cushions. I loved the large facets and pastel flashes. Now I had never seen an antique cushion in real life, but I knew all along I wanted something different, and the setting had to be as unique as the stone, thus "hand forged" went to the top of the list.

I went back and forth on color. I got quotes on different settings. I had many sleepless nights. I e-mailed Victor and talked to myself in the e-mails, trying to figure it all out. Victor was always patient and kind and helped me work my way through my questions and doubts. I had diamonds spinning on my computer screen every night, comparing idealscopes, asets and certificates. I love pave but I'm not frilly and I wanted a ring I can wear all the time, so pave kind of scared me. I'm a jeans and T-shirt but with a diamond pendant kind of person. Finally it all started to come together, especially when I saw the diamond I had been eyeing (I had choice #1,2,3,and 4 but really wanted #1) posted on Victor's Facebook and I thought "somebody else is going to buy MY diamond". That did it. I sent a deposit and called Victor. I was nervous talking to him initially. Felt like I was talking to a celebrity. But he put me at ease and we talked about the design. He made suggestions I hadn't even considered. And we came up with a plan.

The diamond I chose is a 2.058 I, VVS1, CAC. I put all of my trust in Victor. Once my decision on a stone and general setting idea was made (no easy task), I left it all up to him. When I got the e-mail last week that my ring was ready, my hands were almost shaking too badly to open the e-mail. Then there it was. The most beautiful ring I had ever seen, at least for me. When he asked when I wanted it shipped, I nonchalantly said in a week, to fit with my work schedule, lol. Here is the ring I had been waiting for for almost a year, and I said, "in a week".

So, today was the day. It's here!! It's amazing!! It fits me and my life style perfectly! I had to call Victor to thank him personally, an e-mail just wouldn't do (he is so very gracious). It's everything and more. I LOVE the CAC. I can't say enough about how beautiful this stone is! I LOVE the setting. The light reflecting off of the facets is unbelievable! I did find out I'm not a photographer, nor am I creative, but I did the best I could and the ring speaks for itself.

Here is Victor's glamour shot.

ring.PNG

The video:

And a few I took:

ring1.JPG

ring3.JPG

ring4.JPG

ring5.JPG

ring9.JPG

I still can't believe this is mine! I went on blind faith and trust in Victor and the advice of many Pricescopers and I'm so glad I did.

Attachments

• ring1.JPG
    ring1.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 19

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring and diamond! What cut are the side stones and would love to see hand shots.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think I saw this on Victor's instagram and loved it! Congratulations!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your special ring! Love the story and the time and thought put into the selection. It is just beautiful - would love to see hand shots! Enjoy!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh. My. Word. How utterly beautiful & I love the French cuts - they really add to the romance & antique feel!

I also would love to ses hand shots! Do you have a band to pair it with?

ERRN

Rough_Rock
The side stones are antique french cuts, and thank you! And yes, it was on Victors Instagram. Sorry, I'm having trouble replying with quotes. Must be doing something wrong.

ERRN

Rough_Rock
I will try to add some hand shots a little later. Just stopped in for a minute before heading to a swim meet.

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The side stones are antique french cuts, and thank you! And yes, it was on Victors Instagram. Sorry, I'm having trouble replying with quotes. Must be doing something wrong.

ERRN your ring is AMAZING! I second hand shots!!!

P.S. I'm not sure if it's the same for you but for me to quote I actually have to hit the reply button at the end of each person's comment...if you want to quote more than one person, just hit reply on each of the comments you want to quote.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's just gorgeous! :love::love::love: Victor does such beautiful work! I found PS exactly the same way you did, and I am so thankful because my options were expanded to things I would have never known existed! Like you, I just wanted to find a high quality diamond! You surely did well on your first try! I love the antique cuts, and of course, you chose a master ringmaker to make the ring! :appl:

Krisking

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@ERRN, this is a beautiful ring! I saw one of these photos recently, and I'm so glad to hear the lovely story behind it...thank you for posting! Victor does excellent work; what a delicate bezel :razz:. I'm so excited for you! Congratulations!!!

Last edited:

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow!! Everything about your ring is simply perfection! :love::love::love: Victor's CACs are gorgeous and his work is impeccable. And you described him perfectly, as he is truly a joy to work with! You waited so patiently for this upgrade and you made an incredible choice! :clap: All of your diligence certainly paid off and you will adore this masterpiece for years and years to come. I am so thrilled for you! Enjoy every second of wearing it, and please post hand shots when you get a chance. This is eye candy at its finest!! :twirl:

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. That CAC is amazing! That setting too. And wonderful story.
"A week":lol:
Lol

More pics!! Hand shots! Beautiful!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s a gorgeous ring!!!! Both the stone and the setting are amazing. I love the french cuts and the detailing like the filigree in the profile. Victor did an amazing job.

Thanks for sharing your story and I am looking forward to see your hand shots.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! You hit that upgrade out of the park. It’s perfect! Another request for handshots here too!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on such a gorgeous ring. :love:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow that is gorgeous!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is so beautiful! Please indulge us with more pictures especially on your finger!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Saw this on instagram.. it's to die for beautiful.. congratulations on all your milestones and on your research and now you have a true heirloom piece. Looking forward to hand shots!!! <3

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an absolutely gorgeous ring!!! The diamond, the setting, everything is perfect! Congrats and enjoy every minute of wearing this beauty! :love:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I saw this on instagram, I swear to you, my jaw dropped. It's absolutely stunning. The combination of that gorgeous ACC and French cuts is to die for. :kiss2:

I can't believe you waited a week for shipment. That must have been the longest freaking week of your life. :eek2::lol:

ERRN

Rough_Rock
ERRN your ring is AMAZING! I second hand shots!!!

P.S. I'm not sure if it's the same for you but for me to quote I actually have to hit the reply button at the end of each person's comment...if you want to quote more than one person, just hit reply on each of the comments you want to quote.

Thank you! That works!

ERRN

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone for all of your comments. I am still in disbelief that it's on my finger. I spent all day at my grandson's swim meet, and I couldn't stop looking at it.

I have to tell this little story though. Only my youngest daughter knew about the ring. The older daughter knew I wanted an upgrade but I never told her I was getting one. So before the swim meet, youngest daughter and I stopped briefly at a craft show and older daughter didn't come since she was getting ready for the meet. So after the swim meet in the locker room while we were waiting for my grandson to change and I was bursting at the seams since she didn't notice it earlier, I held out my hand and said "look". She said "did you get that at the craft show?" Then she REALLY looked at it and said "is that real?" I had to laugh, because then she was speechless.

Couple hand shots (I have Grandma hands)
ringb.JPG ringc.JPG IMG_4411.JPG ringa.JPG

It's a size 6 if anyone wanted to know. Now I am off to grandson's play. Opening night was last night but I go to all of the shows. He keeps me busy.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s a funny story! Craft show indeed! :lol-2:
It looks just beautiful on you! Have fun getting to know her in different lighting conditions. I’m sure plenty of others will notice her too!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful ERRN! You sound a lot like me... I can see myself thinking "somebody else was going to by MY diamond" (how dare anyone try)!
And I love pave but when I went to reset my ering...no pave... solitaire.

Congrats on your lovely to new ring...wish I could find something like that at a craft fair!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results