shape
carat
color
clarity

My X-mas Present (Antique-Style Diamond Pendant)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

reena

Ideal_Rock
so, some of you may recall that i've been on the hunt for a pretty diamond pendant that my FI can give me as an xmas gift. (the whole picking out my own e-ring thing was so much fun that i'm thinking i might have to pick out all of my presents from now on!
2.gif
) i recently found a beautiful reproduction antique filigree pendant at a booth in the diamond district, but i just didn't feel right about paying the $700 the dealer was asking. (as an aside, i want to say thanks to mark at engagementringsdirect who, just out of the kindness of his own heart, agreed to go see the pendant in person for me to give me his opinion on it and even managed to get the dealer to knock the price down $100--all of this even though he didn't stand to make a cent on the sale
12.gif
.) i looked around elsewhere, but everything else i've seen that i like has been that much, or much more.

i was about to give up and resign myself to just getting socks and underwear for xmas . . . but luckily, i decided to swing by the diamond district again after work yesteday on my way out to go xmas shopping (yes, for others this time!). believe it or not i came across a similar pendant that i like just as much for less than $300 (including the chain). so i bought it! (or, technically, my FI bought it.) i am so excited that i was able to find something i love for so much less $$$--so is my FI, lol--and now i can mentally put the extra money that we didn't spend toward one of the more significant items i've been wanting (a solitaire pendant? studs?) at some point in the (probably rather distant) future.

the pendant and chain are made of 14K white gold, and the TCW on the pendant is 0.42. (not a bad deal considering the TCW on the first pendant was 0.60 and it was $700.) the stones are (supposedly) G/SI1. it has a delicate, antique look that i just love--and i think it goes pretty well with my e-ring too. OK here are some pics. tell me what you all think.

reenapendanta.JPG

reena

Ideal_Rock

reenapendant2.JPG

reena

Ideal_Rock

reenapendat1a.JPG

reena

Ideal_Rock
do you like my dog-hair covered black sweater? i donned it just for you guys.

reenapendant3.JPG

reena

Ideal_Rock
last one, with my e-ring for effect. oh, please excuse my icky protruding collarbone.
15.gif
if you're wondering why my e-ring appears to be on my right hand, that's because i took these pics in the mirror. that way i could see the screen on the digital camera while i snapped the picture, to make sure i was getting a good shot. i am so freakin' tricky.

reenapendant4.JPG

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Reena,

I can''t understand why the two pictures were yellow and then its in white gold! It''s a beautiful pendent, and it has the same antique feel as your engagement ring. It will be a stunning combination. Bling, bling everywhere
30.gif
! You should keep up this trend of having a say in your christmas present!

reena

Ideal_Rock
thank you! and yeah, if it looks yellowish in the first two i think that''s just the light.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Very pretty indeed! Certainly "pays" to shop around however tempted you are to buy on impulse (this could describe me.....).

cheers---Sharon

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Reena:

It look lovely on you! But if its a xmas present? How come you are wearing it right now young lady????????? It''s stunning. The first two pics don''t quite do it justice, but the last few certainly do!!

Merry Christmas!

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
reena, it looks beautiful on you and i think that is the perfect length (what is the length by the way?) congrats on such a great find... so purty
1.gif
how about some more profile shots!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great find Reena! It looks beautiful with your ring. Looks to me to be an 18 inch length chain which is perfect length to wear over sweaters etc... Your FI is lucky you found such a good deal.
36.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Lovely pendant! It''s perfect!

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Awesome find!
9.gif
It compliments your e-ring beautifully. I really think you are on to something by saving your fi from having to do all that boring shopping!!!! I think I need to try that routine myself!!
11.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Reena it''s beautiful. I love it.

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
wow that''s gorgeous! where did you find it? Love it with the e-ring too..verrrry nice.
2.gif

-lovey

Bikergirl

Shiny_Rock
I love it! I''m glad you found something in a style that you like, without breaking the bank.
36.gif

It does look lovely with your engagement ring. Good choice! Maybe I can implement this shopping thing into my DH''s gift selection, as well.....
31.gif

happysnowbunny

Rough_Rock
This is so beautiful!! Can I ask where you found it??

reena

Ideal_Rock
guys, thanks! i appreciate the compliments. i realize that it''s not really a piece that would appeal to those who don''t love antique-looking things, but i love that look so it''s perfect for me. (plus, since it wasn''t a ton of $$$ i won''t worry too much if i can''t wear it with every outfit in my closet.)

i believe the chain is actually 16"--it''s tough to tell from the picture. and HSB, i don''t mind telling you at all--i got it at a booth in a jewelry exchange in the NYC diamond district. the address of the exchange is 55 west 47th street, and the gentleman who sold it to me is named tom.
1.gif

happysnowbunny

Rough_Rock
is that the place that takes up the whole corner, right next to leon??

happysnowbunny

Rough_Rock
Oh-- I just re-read the addres... it is not where I thought. Do they have a lot of antique pieces? I really love your necklace!

reena

Ideal_Rock
well, i did see similar pieces at a lot of places. there are a bunch of exchanges on the same side of the street as leon, close to the corner of 5th. it takes a little patience but if you go into a bunch of those exchanges and just browse the different booths, you''ll see a lot of similar stuff. just tell the people you''re looking for filigree-style pendants. the pendant i originally loved was at a booth in the "jewlers on fifth" exchange; the one i ended up purchasing was on the other side of the street about halfway down towards sixth. it''s so fun to browse through there--if you like antique-style pieces it''s like mecca. good luck!!!

happysnowbunny

Rough_Rock
I didn''t realize they had so much antique stuff up there.. will have to take a day and browse... now that I have this e-ring going, need another project!!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful pendant! I love it and am glad that not only did you find a pretty necklace, but got a great deal too!

But, I do agree that you shouldn''t be wearing it yet so be sure to have your fiance wrap it up so you can''t wear it till christmas day!!!! lol

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow! Its so pretty. I saw those first two pics that were yellow.. and i was like.. ehhhhhhhhhhhhh... reeena.. what are you DOING? but then I saw how it really looks and that it is actually white and sparkly.. Its awesome! And it really does sort of match your gigantic e-ring! (WOW again on that!)

Melissa

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
Reena, that is a very pretty pendant. VERY!
36.gif

Have you ever been to SoHo Gem? You would love their stuff!
18.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
A beautiful choice!
30.gif
Congrats & enjoy!
36.gif
1.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
hmm, are the first 2 pics really that bad? they don''t look yellow on my screen for some reason. anyway, whatever---it''s white in real life.

you guys will be glad to hear that my FI has confiscated the pendant until xmas. ;-)

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on finding such a pretty pendant and at a bargain price! My dh gave up choosing jewellery for me a long time ago
2.gif
. His taste and mine just aren''t the same!

I too love the antique look pieces. I got this one last year. It''s a reproduction of an Edwardian lavaliere in white gold diamonds and sapphires.

dia & saph wg pendant.jpg

reena

Ideal_Rock
bagpuss, that''s absolutely beautiful.
30.gif
i just love sapphires. i''m going to have to come over and raid your jewelry box!

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/5/2004 12
6.gif
0:35 AM
Author: reena

you guys will be glad to hear that my FI has confiscated the pendant until xmas.
for you FI! LOL! there has gotta be an unwrapping and then you have to oooohhh and aaaahhh about it! LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results