shape
carat
color
clarity

My wonderful day :)

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
So I'm suffering from some post wedding blues.

Funny thing is, I truly did not think I would even close to feeling this way when it ended. Part of me was excited for the day to come so that I didn't have to plan anything anymore. To be honest, I'm pretty ashamed of myself for having even felt that way although I know it was very warranted at the time.

Since the only thing that makes me a little happier as of right now is looking at pictures and recounting stories....I decided I needed to come post about my wedding here.

Let me first start out by saying that I truly had the most incredible time. I have never, ever, ever, ever had so much fun in my entire life. I was so excited prior to the wedding to be sharing that special day with all the people we love so much but I really did not know just how special they all would make it for me and my husband.

For starters, I had a fantastic rehearsal dinner at a wonderful Italian restaurant in the charming Olde City section of Philadelphia. My guests were very pleased and that means I was too.

My ceremony was to be held outdoors and man, oh, man I don't think I could have possibly gotten any luckier with the weather. Truly, it was perfect. 73 and not a cloud in the sky.

I had a 'first look' with my husband and it really set the tone for the entire wedding. The look on his face when he first saw me.......sigh. I could cry just thinking about it. I've never seen someones face look more genuine, more pleased, more happy, and more excited than his. He could barely even get the words out when he saw me for the first time and even though prior to the wedding we both laughed at the thought of either of us crying, it was very obvious he couldn't even help the tears in his eyes which inevitably made me cry too. It was the most special moment in my life.

We had a really great time taking photos in Olde City. It was so fun to see so many strangers get so excited for us. The whole way through us taking photos all we heard the whole time from strangers was, "congratulations!!!!!!!!" or "you look absolutely stunning." It added a certain element to it all that is unexplainable. It is nice to see that among so much sadness in the world people were happy to see us getting married, regardless of how many people don't believe in marriage.

The ceremony was fantastic. It was also in Olde City in an outdoor pavillion amongst historical homes and cobblestone all over the place. So charming. We had crystal garlands hanging from the arch that was behind us along with some beautiful orchids. Candles lit the walkway....

The violinists that were playing the music sounded fantastic, my bridal party walked out to Adele's "Lovesong" and I walked out to "Nuvole Bianche" by Ludovico Einaudi. Both of my parents walked me down the aisle...I was smiling from ear to ear. Instead of unity candle or unity sand, we did a unity painting where each of us had a mason jar full of paint. Mine was orange colored, his yellow. Our Reverend explained the symbolism to our guests as we poured the two jars of paint over the blank canvas. Our guests really enjoyed that as it was unique and something they hadn't seen before.

Before we knew it, the ceremony was over and we were ready to go to our cocktail hour. Just like everything else that night, it all went by so fast. I happened to walk into the cocktail hour prior to my husband walking in and when I did.....everyone just stood up and clapped for me. Soon after, my husband walked in and the rest of our family and the party started.

We had two delicious signature drinks that our guests really enjoyed. The cocktail hour food was fantastic.

Soon after, I got to see the 'grand' ballroom where my reception was held. It was such a nice feeling to see everything put together after 15 months of hard work. I was blown away, I loved it all so much.

We walked down the beautiful staircase as we were introduced a Mr. and Mrs. N all the while, I danced the whole way down while my husband looked at me and smiled.

We had our first dance and we both really enjoyed it and my dad and I enjoyed our first dance too. Me and my husband danced to Sade, "By your side" and me and my dad danced to "Wonderful Tonight" by Eric Clapton.

Our favors/placecard holders were baby buddha's and so I gave a toast to all of my guests and explained the significance of a buddha and wished all my guests health, prosperity and happiness.

We cut our caked and everyone realllllly loved it. I don't like carrot cake but wow, when we taste tested it, we loved it. It had buttercream frosting and cheesecream filling. Yummy in my tummy.

Dinner was absolutely incredible....I'm glad all my guests LOVED it. We spent the majority of our money on the food so I was very thankful it was as good as they were hoping.

The speeches were beyond touching, I didn't think I would get so emotional, but I did. The speeches were not only funny and had everyone laughing but they were sentimental and then had guests tearing up.... it meant the world to us. So, so, so touching and so obvious how much all our guests love us.

We danced our FACES off. I've been to a bunch of weddings before and I can honestly say, I've never seen so may people dance like this before. It was amazing especially because I loveeeeeeeeeee to dance.

It was very, very, awesome to hear from everyone how much they loved my dress and how beautiful my dress was. It was also really great to hear how people thought it was the best wedding they had ever been to.

My wedding planner told me how the weekend before, she had a wedding twice my size and we out drank them by a lot. Success? I think so.

The best part though, was this:

At the end of the night during the last song, I became so sad...so sad that I even cried because I didn't want the wedding to end; I was having the time of my life. All of my friends surrounded me and hugged me and were saying nothing but positive things to me. My best friend (and MOH) mentioned how amazing that was and how lucky we are to have such good friends. Looks like she was not the only one to notice because my photographer, who has done many weddings, had this to say:

"The last dance of the night when all of your friends surrounded you and were singing and just wishing nothing but positive things for you was such an amazing moment Rita. I really hadn't seen anything like that before and it was very special."

P.s. I posted this in hangout because many of you really wanted me to recap and to see photos.

And so, here are a bunch of nonprofessional shots:

305227_771672195959_38806226_37513864_2018479562_n.jpg

299140_10150410637195844_728535843_10269333_629547070_n.jpg

298510_261844270519387_100000814491596_703262_541886141_n.jpg

298084_771672096159_38806226_37513861_99203844_n.jpg

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
More pictures from the day:

300148_261827237187757_100000814491596_703222_2101058652_n.jpg

303897_944273107568_60711822_40625649_750187391_n.jpg

298299_944272947888_60711822_40625644_294268556_n.jpg

311778_261827490521065_100000814491596_703231_740983565_n.jpg

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
2nd to last set

309360_261827270521087_100000814491596_703224_1051966099_n.jpg

310801_261827440521070_100000814491596_703230_1874484766_n.jpg

318454_10150410635355844_728535843_10269306_1113996595_n.jpg

318571_261827253854422_100000814491596_703223_202220918_n.jpg

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Last pics....me dancing/bling/reception set up

317884_10101609372461574_9342021_86534540_1673561025_n.jpg

327000_10100391704892133_8213151_50106186_1714010963_o.jpg

328221_580324219036_58501268_32247421_525658158_o.jpg

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, AN! You look beautiful! I'm so happy for you.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your wedding was beautiful and you were a stunning bride! I think it's normal to feel that let down after it's over. So much time and energy into making sure it's all perfect - loving every minute of the wedding - then poof! it's all over. I felt this way after mine, my son's and my daughter's. I think it's perfectly normal and your feelings are a tribute to how lovely the event really was for you and your groom.

Time will pass but you will always have this beautiful memory. The marriage truly begins now - building your lives together. There will be homes and jobs and children (hopefully!) and ups and downs. Best of luck to you for many, many happy years together.

Before you know it, we'll be buried in the holidays and all that go with it. You'll soon find yourself immersed in day to day living and the blues will fade - and in their wake will always be these special memories!

Thank you for sharing your beautiful pictures with us!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats AN, beautiful photos!

I too had major postwedding blues so I can relate.

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely GORGEOUS AN! I'm so happy for you!!!
Question about your dress: did you bustle it before dancing your face off? :lol: I ask because in your ceremony pic it looks like it has a huge train and I imagine either everyone hopping over it if they were behind you, or it had to be bustled. The dress was beyond beautiful on you, looks like it was made specifically for you!

Don't be too let down, people will be talking about your wedding for a long long time. :bigsmile:
And when you get the professional shots, you'll get to relive it again.
The wedding lasts a day, but memories last a life time!

May your life as husband and wife be as happy and surrounded by friends as your wedding was. :))

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
MissGotRocks|1318373355|3038070 said:
Your wedding was beautiful and you were a stunning bride! I think it's normal to feel that let down after it's over. So much time and energy into making sure it's all perfect - loving every minute of the wedding - then poof! it's all over. I felt this way after mine, my son's and my daughter's. I think it's perfectly normal and your feelings are a tribute to how lovely the event really was for you and your groom.

Time will pass but you will always have this beautiful memory. The marriage truly begins now - building your lives together. There will be homes and jobs and children (hopefully!) and ups and downs. Best of luck to you for many, many happy years together.

Before you know it, we'll be buried in the holidays and all that go with it. You'll soon find yourself immersed in day to day living and the blues will fade - and in their wake will always be these special memories!

Thank you, guys! It is nice to hear compliments :)

MSG, I just hope it goes away soon. I hate feeling like a bag of mixed emotions, I'm so used to having consistent feelings....I'm not an up and down and back up again person so this has been very hard for me. I just want it to go away. I think its a mix of things for me, the fact that its over first and secondly the fact that out of 120 people that came, EVERYONE loved it yet my aunt felt the need to rip my wedding to shreds and it is very, very, hurtful to hear especially after all of the effort and hard work I put into all while going to school. It's just a crappy feeling that is nagging and nagging and I know I have to ignore her and her stupidity and understand everyone is entitled to their opinions. I just want to sit on my cloud 9 and never think about the things she said again. I am positive that her negativity will definitely fade in time. My wedding was not perfect but it was perfect FOR US and thats all that matters and THEN it was amazing for our guests and thats that.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AN
Congratulations, You look beautiful :!: ...how come i wasn't invited to your wedding?... :Up_to_something:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Autumnovember|1318375181|3038100 said:
MissGotRocks|1318373355|3038070 said:

Thank you, guys! It is nice to hear compliments :)

MSG, I just hope it goes away soon. I hate feeling like a bag of mixed emotions, I'm so used to having consistent feelings....I'm not an up and down and back up again person so this has been very hard for me. I just want it to go away. I think its a mix of things for me, the fact that its over first and secondly the fact that out of 120 people that came, EVERYONE loved it yet my aunt felt the need to rip my wedding to shreds and it is very, very, hurtful to hear especially after all of the effort and hard work I put into all while going to school. It's just a crappy feeling that is nagging and nagging and I know I have to ignore her and her stupidity and understand everyone is entitled to their opinions. I just want to sit on my cloud 9 and never think about the things she said again. I am positive that her negativity will definitely fade in time. My wedding was not perfect but it was perfect FOR US and thats all that matters and THEN it was amazing for our guests and thats that.

I still say jealousy is an ugly green monster. I can't imagine anyone saying anything negative unless it is born of some type of jealousy. I remember in my younger days that things like that would have eaten at me too - the real beauty of age is that you are finally able to turn your back on the Negative Nellies and pretend like their remarks don't exist. From an outsider looking in, it was gorgeous and elegant and I wouldn't give two seconds worth of thought to the naysayers. Focus on the beauty of your day - pity those that can't see it and compliment you on it and move forward!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honey, I just want to say You Rocked that Dress!!!! I remember seeing it in the wedding dress thread, and I knew you would make a gorgeous bride and YOU DID!!! How wonderful that you were able to have such a perfect day! I am so very happy for you.

It is hard not to feel a let down after so much planning and work, but these memories will last a lifetime. You won't ever have to let go of them. You will tell them to your children and grandchildren and even though the kids weren't there they will love looking at your photos.
Even if you chose not to have kids, these memories will last when you are a little old lady. To have such a dream day is a gift, but there will be lot of wonderful days in your future. They may not be quite as spectacular but they will be really really good.

Don't worry about what your aunt says and try not to take it to heart. How could it be anything else but jealousy? Everything looked perfect,your decor was beautiful and all your guest enjoyed themselves. Some people can't help but let jealousy turn them into something really ugly.

I am so happy for you Autumn, and thank you for sharing your lovely photos with us. The funk will pass and you will just be left with happiness that your day was so wonderful.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, my. You look so beautiful!! Everything looks perfect! I'm so happy for you, that you and all your guests had such a wonderful time. Congratulations!!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations AN! You look so beautiful! Forget what your aunt said...I know it's hard...but her opinion doesn't matter. It was YOUR wedding and you did things YOUR way. Nuff said!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, you look absolutely gorgeous Autumn!!! I'm so glad you had a wonderful, magical day! And just ignore your aunt, it sounds like it was a fantastic wedding - I can't imagine what would possess her to say negative things about it - jealousy, probably. You and your husband had an amazing day and your guests had a great time - and that's all that matters, who cares what she thinks.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, you were a beautiful bride and you look so happy. A beautiful wedding day!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
oh Autumn...congratulations!!! I am so glad you posted pictures!! Everything was GORGEOUS...(is it weird that I love your tablecloths????) you looked absolutely beautiful and so happy :) and I love the pic where we can see your beautiful wedding set :)

also...reading the description of the day...it sounds like it was truly amazing. congratulations again Mrs. Autumn!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh honey you looked amazing and the wedding looked like a blast. I adore all the little touches you added and made the day personal with. Congratulations to you both.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Congrats AN!!!

It all looks amazing as do you!

It's perfectly natural to feel low after such a high. It'll pass I promise. :halo:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations AN! You looked absolutely breathtaking (and your hubby is a mega spunk! :bigsmile:) The venue looked exquisite too, it all just looked so amazing!!!!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, lady!!! You were a stunning bride, and your wedding looked gorgeous!!!! I'm sorry about the blues....don't worry, it will get better....I remember I cried almost the whole plane ride to Aruba (my hm) because I was upset it was over, so its normal to feel these feelings. You're still coming down from all the excitement, so naturally you're going to feel this way...But just remember, you have lots of things to look forward to.... now your life with your new husband begins!

And regards to your aunt...There is always SOMEONE who feels the need to say negative things because they're JEALOUS. And just a miserable person. Simple as that. Looking back on our wedding day and the whole planning process, I totally began to realize who really cared about us and loved us, and who didn't. Its very eye-opening. Keep your chin up, don't let her bring you down!!

Best of luck!! :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, how extremely rude of your aunt to express ANYTHING whatsoever negative to you!!! You need to put that out of your mind. Obviously your wedding was perfect to the other 119 people, and I would seriously question what is wrong with anyone who would make negative comments to the bride or her immediate family. The pictures are just gorgeous! I understand the sadness. My daughter got married last December and she loved her wedding, too. And there were some things that I now regret not having done differently, but thankfully not even the extended family said one negative word to me. I know it is hard to see that wonderful day pass. But as others said, it will be a happy memory forever! So think happy thoughts and just let go of the negative comments because that person clearly has some problems.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Awww, AN, you made me cry! My wedding was almost 10 years ago and I remember feeling exactly the way you described. I can tell you that even 10 years later, hubby and I still talk about our wonderful day and get misty when we look through our album (usually on our anni). You were a stunning bride and I'm so glad that you had such a perfect day. Whenever things get tough, just remember this feeling and it will help get you through.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
AN - It sounds like you had a wonderful day, and you looked amazing. Congratulations!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations AN!!!

You look beautiful and so happy in all your photos. Glad you had a fabulous wedding and I wish you and your husband all the happiness in the world in your new marriage! ;-)

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations and blessings!
Beautiful bride, handsome groom, lovely wedding.

Forget about the aunt -she was no doubt annoyed because she wasn't the center of attention.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely, lovely wedding! The picture of both of you together looks so beautiful. Congratulations!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Wakingdreams- It was bustled before we started dancing :) Thanks so much for your kind words! The memories will definitely last a lifetime!!

DF- Thanks so much!! I figured you were too busy with sinfully pink!

MGT- You're completely right. I knew that when my mom told me about what my aunt said it was exactly that. For a long time it has always been that, even before the wedding. She has a son so I think she always feels like it is some sort of competition but it isn't especially when it comes down to my wedding. I'll just let her be. I have been told from many people that being able to turn away from those people really is the best part about getting older! Thank you so much for your wise advice, I appreciate it.

Luv2sparkle- THANK YOU!!! I felt like a million bucks in that dress!!!! I'm really excited for the future and the rest of the happy days and memories that it is to bring. I think seeing the professional shots and the video will be really good for me. It feels really nice to have people who really were truly happy for me (like you!). Thank you for your nice compliments, its really nice to hear :)

Manderz- thank you, thank you, and thank you again!!!!!

Lizzyann- Thank you!!!! You're right, I know I just need to focus on the fact that I got more compliments on it than I could imagine and it WAS everything that my friends were hoping for, if not more.

Junebug- Thank you! Magical is the perfect word for how it felt that day. It was incredible, I can't wait to post some professional shots for you guys :)

Bright Ice- Thank you :) I'm glad how happy I truly was came through in the pics I posted!

slg- Thank youuuuuuuuu! And no, it is not weird that you love my table cloths because it was my goal that they would stand out and "pop!" I'm glad you noticed them, I absolutely fell in love with the color of them when I originally was picking out my linens. They're called Burnt Orange....so autumn. I'm so glad you enjoyed the description, it was the best day of my life.

Gypsy- Thank you :) It was a HUGE blast. I love, love, love when I get random texts from people everyday that say things like "I'm still thinking about the wedding," or "I've never danced like that in my life."

Rosetta- Thank you! I hope it passes quickly :halo:

DandiAndi- Thanks so much, I really, really, really appreciate that. I loved everything about it....I'm glad you guys could see why I loved the wedding so much too.

Dani- Thank you so much, Dani. I'm happy to know I'm not the only one who experienced being so sad afterwards and I'm also glad to know that it will pass. In regards to my aunt, you're right. Completely right. There is nothing you said that isn't true. If it weren't here, it would have been someone else. You're also totally right about it being an eye-opening experience, we DEFINITELY realize who cared about us and who didn't. It's good that the wedding solidified our previous thoughts about certain people and now we can cut them out of our lives with complete confidence.

Diamondseeker- My thoughts, EXACTLY. I can take criticism but the point to which she went was completely not needed and just downright nasty and mean. I know my wedding day wasn't perfect, I know that there were parts that should have been planned better but I also know that no wedding is perfect just like life. I'm ok with that. In the grand scheme of things regardless of the little glitches, it was still the best day of our lives and thats all that matters. Keeping the happy thoughts in my mind :) Thank you for the compliments and your advice, I appreciate it.

Yennyfire- Awwww, I'm sorry! But I'm glad you read about my day and were able to feel how you felt all over again. I can't wait to be able to look back on my wedding day 10 years from now like you, and still feel so great about it and still feel all the good and happy emotions I felt that day. I will always keep that in mind, that whenever things get tough, to think about how I felt that day, thats really good advice, Yenny. Thanks so much again :)

DF- THANK YOU!!!!!!!

MC- Thank you!! I was so, so, so happy. I'm really glad that shined through in the pictures.

Madam- Thank you! Hey, you probably know where we got married too. Head house sqaure in Old City and then my reception was at 13th and Locust at the Arts Ballroom. We used Stephen Starr for catering :lickout: Thank you for the well wishes!!!

Crasru- Thank you :)

All in all, this week has been ok. Some days better than others. Being by myself is the hardest part though (DH works long hours and we have opposite schedules). I've been traveling back to Philly almost everyday to spend time with parents. I won't lie....I missed all my classes and didn't go to clinical today. I just needed sleep/time away from everything. I hope after this weekend and spending some time with DH, I'll feel better. Being around friends and family definitely helps. I love talking about fun stories from the wedding. Today, DH told me how awesome it was to watch us all dancing. He said he has never ever seen me or my friends dance the way we danced that night, that it was so obvious how much fun we were all having. I'm going to start looking into finding a professional scrapbooker. This weekend, we'll book our honeymoon trip to Mexico in December. I need it. bad. Thank you all again for your wonderful compliments and your advice, I truly appreciate it especially because I really do value all of your opinions here. Thank you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results