shape
carat
color
clarity

My WolfCBI reset.

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
Looks great - you made the right call resetting! And don’t worry, 3 resets in 3 years is right in line with many PSers :lol:
@Cerulean Lol! I’ve been hanging out here too long. Things that once seemed strange, have become normalized.
Thanks for the complement. I’m glad I took the risk to do a reset!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a real yellow gold lover, so I was a huge fan of your previous setting. But, having said that, with a diamond so perfect, a white metal setting shows a different aspect and a purity that's addictive! LOVE your new setting, and it really shows the heart of that beautiful stone! Congratulations and good choice!

And - awesome avatar pic!

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
I'm a real yellow gold lover, so I was a huge fan of your previous setting. But, having said that, with a diamond so perfect, a white metal setting shows a different aspect and a purity that's addictive! LOVE your new setting, and it really shows the heart of that beautiful stone! Congratulations and good choice!

And - awesome avatar pic!

Thanks for your comments @mrs-b. You've expressed my feelings exactly! I really enjoyed the setting in gold, but now I'm really loving this diamond. It totally changed the focus.

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous diamond and the setting is very striking. Gotta love a bezel setting!.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
This is absolutely GORGEOUS! I love your ring! The setting is so perfect for your stunning CBI. :kiss2:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new photos are incredible! What a spectacular diamond.

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
Hey there, @mwilliamanderson how is the ring holding up? I am looking at potentially moving a couple stones I have in disappointing gold settings my jeweler made into Stuller Continuum silver settings. Has it held up well? Any issues with tarnish, or with the silver losing shape? The continuum silver settings I'm looking at have prongs instead of the bezel

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
Hey there, @mwilliamanderson how is the ring holding up? I am looking at potentially moving a couple stones I have in disappointing gold settings my jeweler made into Stuller Continuum silver settings. Has it held up well? Any issues with tarnish, or with the silver losing shape? The continuum silver settings I'm looking at have prongs instead of the bezel

Hi @musicloveranthony

I'm still very happy with it! Like any polished metal it's beginning to accrue some scratches. I use a Sunshine Polishing Cloth on it every once in a while and it seems to make it look new. I'm not sure I can see tarnish on the ring ever, but the cloth does turn black when I use it. I also bought an ultrasonic cleaner because, why not, lol. I use that once every few weeks.

Continuum has a more steely look that sterling silver due to the palladium that has been added, but it is plenty white looking for me and the palladium is what makes it stronger.

Eventually I hope to move it into the same Stuller setting, which I love, but made of the X1 White Gold, which is white and stays white without ever needing rhodium plating. Honestly, I like it the way it so so much that I won't be in any hurry to do it unless I upgrade my diamond to a bigger size.

Please post pictures when you do your resets. I'd love to see how they turn out.

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
Hi @musicloveranthony

I'm still very happy with it! Like any polished metal it's beginning to accrue some scratches. I use a Sunshine Polishing Cloth on it every once in a while and it seems to make it look new. I'm not sure I can see tarnish on the ring ever, but the cloth does turn black when I use it. I also bought an ultrasonic cleaner because, why not, lol. I use that once every few weeks.

Continuum has a more steely look that sterling silver due to the palladium that has been added, but it is plenty white looking for me and the palladium is what makes it stronger.

Eventually I hope to move it into the same Stuller setting, which I love, but made of the X1 White Gold, which is white and stays white without ever needing rhodium plating. Honestly, I like it the way it so so much that I won't be in any hurry to do it unless I upgrade my diamond to a bigger size.

Please post pictures when you do your resets. I'd love to see how they turn out.

Thank you so much! I really appreciate the feedback. I think I'll do the same thing. Start out in the continuum and if I ever get the motivation I'll switch them to the X1 or platinum... Those just aren't in the budget right now :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results