shape
carat
color
clarity

My winky wonky diamond I’ve grown to love!

weemie

Shiny_Rock
So I brought it in to have it looked at by the jewellery valuer I use, and he thought it was a beautiful stone! He assessed it as a transitional stone but edging into an early round. He measured it as 7.35mm x 7.36mm x 4.51mm and said it’s approximately 1.5ct based on this. He graded it as N/O colour. He said that this is all approximate as it’s in its setting, and he can only go off what he can see. What he did say was that it was amazing clarity, which I’m not surprised by! He conservatively said vvs1-vvs2 as he wouldn’t feel comfortable marking it better without sending to GIA! I’m delighted!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so glad you kept it! The facet pattern is beautiful & the ring looks right at home on your hand!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you @MamaBee , it has just shown me that sometimes I need to take my time to some time appreciating something before making rash decisions!

@Mreader thank you, your input has been really helpful throughout! It really sucks you in, I had to use my husbands phone to take a good pic because my camera is useless! It’s not the traditional ideal faceting but it is so unique and sparkly!

@OboeGal thanks so much!! I love vintage retro which is what drew me to it in the first place but it’s turned out better than I thought! So comfy to wear, it fits my thumb and index finger best which I’m loving!

@weemie Sometimes I take a while to warm up..It’s happened with jewelry I have. I may purchase something thinking that I love it..Then it sits in my jewelry box for a year. All of a sudden I love it. I take my time because it’s weird..:think:

I just read your post about the appraiser‘s educated opinion of your diamond. That’s the best news! I think the clarity really makes any color beautiful because it’s so clear. I’m so happy you’re delighted!

weemie

Shiny_Rock
@weemie Sometimes I take a while to warm up..It’s happened with jewelry I have. I may purchase something thinking that I love it..Then it sits in my jewelry box for a year. All of a sudden I love it. I take my time because it’s weird..:think:

I just read your post about the appraiser‘s educated opinion of your diamond. That’s the best news! I think the clarity really makes any color beautiful because it’s so clear. I’m so happy you’re delighted!

It really did just grow in me! I had discussed the return with the seller (who was so good to deal with) and by the time it had been organised I had to tell her I was keeping it!! I’m glad I decided to keep it, and the appraiser seconded that. I like him because he’s quite realistic. He recommended sending it to GIA which I might do if I ever decide to change the setting, but for now I’m enjoying it as it is!

weemie

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful- love the facets and the bezel setting. I would call that a transitional diamond. I am so curious. What is the size of the diamond and the color?

@Lisa Loves Shiny According to the appraiser this morning it’s 1.5ct, vvs1-vvs2 and n/o in colour, but all that is based on it being in its setting so it’s all approximate. I was happy, I had a feeling it was really clean!

Edited: autocorrect wrote appropriate instead of approximate!

Last edited:

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
I thought transitional, too, evidently I'm in good company.
It's a fabulous color, more gray/brown than yellow, and I think the 18 k yellow gold makes it look whiter. Your last photo in the series gave me an OMG slack-jawed moment. The diamond is killer and so is the ring.

weemie

Shiny_Rock
I thought transitional, too, evidently I'm in good company.
It's a fabulous color, more gray/brown than yellow, and I think the 18 k yellow gold makes it look whiter. Your last photo in the series gave me an OMG slack-jawed moment. The diamond is killer and so is the ring.

@Ibrakeforpossums thank you, I have really fallen for it! I think my awful pictures didn’t help things when identifying it as a transitional, using a different camera really helped clear things up a bit! It’s a complete chameleon, I’m really enjoying it! Here is a video of it looking like a kaleidoscope! Apologies I couldn’t reduce the sound!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like her! Pretty stones come in all colors IMO! Love the very wearable setting she is in!

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
It's really beautiful and I totally understand why you fell in love! I personally think jewellery is more about a vibe and less about perfection and if you're loving what you're looking at on your hand, then do numbers and ever so slight wonkiness matter.....nope, I don't think so! I love your ring and it clearly loves you, enjoy! :appl:

weemie

Shiny_Rock
It's really beautiful and I totally understand why you fell in love! I personally think jewellery is more about a vibe and less about perfection and if you're loving what you're looking at on your hand, then do numbers and ever so slight wonkiness matter.....nope, I don't think so! I love your ring and it clearly loves you, enjoy! :appl:

@GeorgieQ thank you, I think the person behind me thought I was crazy whipping out my phone to take a video of my ring but I wanted to catch the colours! :D
It’s definitely a keeper, and it’s so comfortable to wear I often forget I have it on. Comfort is huge!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results