shape
carat
color
clarity

My Whiteflash/Adwar Halo Pendant

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
JELLY!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I want one too! It''s sooooo yummy!

How did you go about finding the setting?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
all of these beautiful halo pendants around here, another item to add to my list. Jelly, I really love it, it looks fabulous on you.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
This message is for Tawn:

Actually, I have Valeria (Ana) to thank for that. In an earlier thread she introduced me to the Adwar Casting Company Catalogue and after several hours of studying the pictures, I chose my setting. Here's a link:

http://www.adwar.com/products/index.html

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jelly
35.gif

congrats, beautiful pendant. looks bigger than a .56ct
30.gif
36.gif

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh, its beautiful! Congrats!

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
nice!!! I like the melee on the sides... very blingy!!! great price too, i might add!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

kathleenmv

Shiny_Rock
Oooooooooooo!! I just love it! The diamonds on the side are a beautiful touch. Just gorgeous!
30.gif
'');" alt="Insert smilie
30.gif
" src="http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/30.gif" border="0">

I remember from your other thread that you were nervous about possible flip-age. Any problems in that department? Or do the "ears" seem to be just dandy?

Congrats, Jelly! It''s lovely. And I definitely think you need lots of "trial runs" before the big day.
2.gif
'');" height=15 alt="Insert smilie
2.gif
" src="http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/2.gif" width="15 border=0">

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2006 10:00:06 AM
Author: kathleenmv
Oooooooooooo!! I just love it! The diamonds on the side are a beautiful touch. Just gorgeous!
30.gif
'');'' alt=""Insert smilie
30.gif
'' src="http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/30.gif" border=0>

I remember from your other thread that you were nervous about possible flip-age. Any problems in that department? Or do the ''ears'' seem to be just dandy?

Congrats, Jelly! It''s lovely. And I definitely think you need lots of ''trial runs'' before the big day.
2.gif
'');'' height=15 alt=""Insert smilie
2.gif
'' src="http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/2.gif" width=15 border=0>
Thanks Kathleen!

It doesn''t necessarily flip, but it tips. I''m not sure how to solve that problem, but at least you can see the diamonds on the side when doesn''t lie flat!
3.gif

Don''t worry, I''m definitely "breaking in" the necklace before the big day! haha

kathleenmv

Shiny_Rock
Another benefit of those side diamonds.
9.gif
'');" height=15 alt="Insert smilie
9.gif
" src="http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/9.gif" width="15 border=0"> Gotta love that!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jelly, I''m thinking about getting this necklace for my Mom for her birthday this year.
21.gif
I''ve contacted WF for a quote. How long did it take to make this necklace? Does the center stone have to be .5 carat or was the setting available in other sizes? Thanks!!!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
I know it''s hard to read, but they make my setting in the following sizes: .25, .30, .50, .75, 1, 1.5, and 2.

When you read the catalogue, it means 1- .25 center stone and 24- One pointers.

As you can see, there is more than one halo design. Check out all the catalogues and have fun looking. I liked mine because it had diamonds on the side which give it a nice profile view.

I can''t wait to hear what you decide!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
The whole process went very fast, I had it in a couple of weeks.

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Jelly, I don''t know how I missed this thread the first time around! Your necklace is gorgeous! Any chance for more pics? Love it!
30.gif

conitta

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/23/2006 3:55:28 AM
Author: Jelly
I know it''s hard to read, but they make my setting in the following sizes: .25, .30, .50, .75, 1, 1.5, and 2.

When you read the catalogue, it means 1- .25 center stone and 24- One pointers.

As you can see, there is more than one halo design. Check out all the catalogues and have fun looking. I liked mine because it had diamonds on the side which give it a nice profile view.

I can''t wait to hear what you decide!
I like the diamonds on the side also. Do you order the castings direct from them and then take it to have the stones set.Do they sell retail or wholesale? I am sick to death of Stuller. Everyone around here has that...eeeekkkk!

Connie

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for all the info, Jelly! It''s good to know there are all those options. I''m going to look into them today!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2006 3:48:20 AM
My pendant setting came in a few different sizes. Here''s a picture from the catalogue. Here''s the link so you will know what to order from WF.

MY EYES MY EYES Oh no ... I wish I had never gone there, looked at that. OCTAGONAL HALOS FOR ROUND STONES-- IN PRE-CAST PENDANTS !!!!!!

*thump*

I don''t even know what to put on the "dream list" anymore ... East/West emerald .... DBTY bezel set square emeralds ... or OCTAGONAL HALO with ACA Ideal RB.

*weeping* and deciding immediately to get the heck outta here & back to work!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oooh i love the look of the 3/4 with the 31 1 pointers in that picture..hmmmm. damn!

jelly i have a question for you. the side view of the pendant looks a little thick depth wise...like 2 rows of melee is that correct? it looks like it floats up from your neck a bit. does that bother you? do you know if adwar makes halo pendants that have more of a flat thinner unadorned side view? i love the idea of a low-cost halo pendant for a future stone, but honestly i don't know if i like how thick alot of these pendants turn out from the depth...alj and kaleigh's look thickish too and i've seen alj's in person as well. i'm such a side view whore even though i mean who looks at the side view from your neck. gah!! i just love that floaty DBY tiffany style necklace where the bezel is super thin but then i guess you get a pokey culet. lose lose.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a DBTY type necklace Mara, only the stones are closer together and the bezel sits well enough around the stones so no culets poke me. That would drive me insane.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! I was happy to see that my thread got bumped.
9.gif

To answer Conitta''s question, I found the setting I wanted in the catalogue and priced it out with a couple of different jewelers. Whiteflash gave me the lowest quote and they purchased the cast. Here''s the picture of how the setting arrived at Whiteflash.

JellyPendantCast1.jpg

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2006 1:16:18 PM
Author: Mara
oooh i love the look of the 3/4 with the 31 1 pointers in that picture..hmmmm. damn!

jelly i have a question for you. the side view of the pendant looks a little thick depth wise...like 2 rows of melee is that correct? it looks like it floats up from your neck a bit. does that bother you? do you know if adwar makes halo pendants that have more of a flat thinner unadorned side view? i love the idea of a low-cost halo pendant for a future stone, but honestly i don''t know if i like how thick alot of these pendants turn out from the depth...alj and kaleigh''s look thickish too and i''ve seen alj''s in person as well. i''m such a side view whore even though i mean who looks at the side view from your neck. gah!! i just love that floaty DBY tiffany style necklace where the bezel is super thin but then i guess you get a pokey culet. lose lose.
Hi Mara,

Yes indeed, the pendant is thick depthwise. There are two rows of melee total. One on the halo itself and one on the side. I like how bit it is because it looks very substantial on my neck. I always kinda regretted not getting a halo ring, so this is a fabulous compromise!
10.gif

conitta

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/23/2006 7:57:12 PM
9.gif

To answer Conitta''s question, I found the setting I wanted in the catalogue and priced it out with a couple of different jewelers. Whiteflash gave me the lowest quote and they purchased the cast. Here''s the picture of how the setting arrived at Whiteflash.
Thanks for the answer. Now, do they have the the finished pieces,the castings?

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2006 1:13:41 PM
Author: conitta

Date: 6/23/2006 7:57:12 PM
9.gif

Thanks for the answer. Now, do they have the the finished pieces,the castings?
As far as I know, Whiteflash orders the piece and finishes it off, polishes it, adds the diamonds. Other jewelers may do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results