shape
carat
color
clarity

My WF CAD Images...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dboy10

Rough_Rock
These came in late last night... The CAD designer said that this design may have structural issues and that he recommend I use a harder alloy than platinum-ir... So now I have to figure out what to do... I''m planning a huge proposal in just a couple of weeks!!! but anyway... here are the images

DJbling1.JPG

dboy10

Rough_Rock
and another one...

djbling2.JPG

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful - i especially like where you can see the profile. It reminds me of the enless love series by ritani, which is one of my favorite of the halo designs! maybe white gold????

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous!!!!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
So pretty! Please come back with more pics!
2.gif

dboy10

Rough_Rock
thanks so much everybody!

Is white gold stronger than platinum? I thought it was the other way around...
33.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooh, that''s going to be stunning!!!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/8/2009 1:34:35 PM
Author: dboy10
thanks so much everybody!

Is white gold stronger than platinum? I thought it was the other way around...
33.gif
I am not sure as to the STRENGTH of it, but my jeweler said something about platinum being a bit more malleable (sp?) or fluid in nature - i took that to mean it might get out of round/shape a little more easily. But don''t listen to me, since i actually don''t have anything in the platinum family at all
28.gif

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
would platinum 999 work? it's 99.9% pure. i know memoire uses it in some of their pieces.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a very beautiful design. I would probably go with what the jeweler suggests since they should know what is best.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
That ring looks stunning!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring, I love the design of it.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
That ring is beautiful!
36.gif
36.gif

I love the profile. She''s going to love it! How exciting! Best wishes with the proposal. Be sure to post pictures of her wearing the ring.

littlemissbliss

Shiny_Rock
It is just beautiful dboy! James Allen has a setting that is nearly identical to this that I drool over on a very regular basis.

I wonder what part of this design would have structural issues...?

Can''t wait to hear about the proposal!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
That is one gorgeous ring, you did a great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RubyCharm

Shiny_Rock
What about 900 Platinum (with Iridium)?

Although 950 Platinum is considered the "purest" Platinum, 900 Platinum might be the better alloy due to its hardness and resilience.

If you want to learn more about it, check out the following article in which Mark Morrell provides a great comparison of the top 4 platinum alloys: http://www.mwmjewelry.com/platinum_purity.htm

I found that information very helpful when I was deciding what type of metal I wanted for my e-ring. I ended up choosing a company (Van Craeynest) that uses 900 Platinum in their jewelry.

RubyCharm

Shiny_Rock
According to the Whiteflash website, they only use 950 platinum. I''m not sure whether they would be willing to work with a different alloy.

I''m suggesting 900 Plat since white gold might turn yellow depending on your body chemistry. I''ve read stories of people who have experienced that problem with white gold.

Either way, I think your ring will be stunning!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh My what a stunner!... yep go with what your jeweler suggest

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
dboy!

Wow, that is just a killer ring! Love, love, love it!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TIffany and Leon Mege use platinum/ruthenium. It is harder and would be my preference for anything platinum. If it works for Leon''s delicate pieces, I''d think it would be fine for this one (if the ring maker agrees, of course).

April20

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!! She''ll adore it.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
You may want to have the shank curve inwards a little more when it reaches the halo just to make sure that the culet won''t touch the finger. There is a danhov setting practically identical to this that people have said touches their finger. I have another danhov and if I knock my ring the culet does in fact touch my finger and sometimes hurts. I love love the design though, I hope they can work out a good alloy for you! Here is my ring:

danhov_26bb.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s beautiful!!!!!

dboy10

Rough_Rock
In the initial e-mail I received with the CAD the designer did suggest a 90% platinum and said that should be strong enough to create the ring. I haven''t been able to get a reply to any of my e-mails within the past couple of days, which unusual for WF, so I''m going to give them a call today so I can get some questions answered and give the go ahead. I''m really hoping this doesn''t delay my due date
5.gif

But thank you so much everyone for your input and kind wishes... You guys n gals are the BEST!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful!!

dboy10

Rough_Rock
Thank you, so much, everybody!!! The CAD has been approved and I''ve decided to follow the advice of many of you and the jeweler and went with 900 platinum... Not sure when it will be done but I will be sure to keep everyone posted!!!
31.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
It is going to be beautiful!!

RubyCharm

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/11/2009 11:58:25 AM
Author: dboy10
Thank you, so much, everybody!!! The CAD has been approved and I''ve decided to follow the advice of many of you and the jeweler and went with 900 platinum... Not sure when it will be done but I will be sure to keep everyone posted!!!
31.gif

That sounds good! You''ll get a ring that is delicate yet sturdy. I''ll be gorgeous!
5.gif

Don''t forget to post plenty of pics
3.gif

Lannie

Rough_Rock
I''m kinda surprised that White Flash would make an identical replication of another design. I thought designers aren''t allowed to do that.

I have the James Allen Danhov version of this ring. It''s Palladium and I''ve had no issues with it whatsoever. It''s very sturdy. I can''t imagine what kind of structural issues they may think that it''d have. I know that Danhov makes it in 14k wg/yg, 18k wg/yg, Palladium and Platinum.

Here are some pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results