shape
carat
color
clarity

My wedding ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
My wedding ring is finally ready!! I agonised for months over whether I wanted a half-eternity ring or a plain band because our budget did not allow for both. I finally decided on a plain high-dome 3mm band because I wanted to be able to wear my wedding ring everywhere, and I wanted it to be a ''forever and ever'' ring with as little maintenance as possible.

When FI and I went to order it, he asked the jeweller to hammer-set some diamonds into the band. I decided on three 3pt diamonds set at the top, and this is the result! I had imagined the diamonds more spaced out on the band, but the unique way they have been set is growing on me. I like the plain look, with a hint of sparkle. I am still not sure about whether I should have gone with 2.5mm instead, or even 2mm. PS ladies, what do you think?

wlftrswedring1.jpg

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
another...

wlftrswedring2.jpg

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
and another...

wlftrswedring3.jpg

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
and again..

wlftrswedring4.jpg

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
last one...

CIMG0935.jpg

jfan

Rough_Rock
I think it''s lovely as is. It''s a really unique band that works well with your er and can be worn stand alone. Great choice!
36.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I think that it looks perfect with your engagement ring. The added touch of the diamonds on the band gives it a unique and special look while still remaining very classic!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those look gorgeous together!

E B

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE it! And I completely agree with you wanting your band to be a stand-alone as well as a compliment to your engagement ring. I ordered a 3mm comfort fit band for the same reason (thicker than my e-ring, but not much).

My 3mm platinum wedding band is having diamonds burnished into it as we speak as well. I'm getting 10 1-pointers scattered around the band like the Etoile.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it looks AWESOME. I love that you can flip it around for a different look entirely!

I *would* however be tempted to see if they could - maybe after a year or two - add two more diamonds to the front of the band, making five total. That would span the whole finger evenly spaced & be super blingy.

That would only be for variety. TOTALLY LOVEABLE just as it is!!!

Width is a funny thing ... I have a 2mm band that looks weird alone ... if you ever want to wear it solo -- 3mm is perfecto!

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I really like this. I think the diamonds look great as is. It really goes together with your e-ring. And the width is perfect for a stand alone ring.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
They look really lovely together. Great choice!
36.gif

jessica_brooke

Rough_Rock
beautiful combo! I really love the 2 together. Can you give more info on your ER? Size of stone? Type of setting? maybe a side-view? I''m looking at 6 prong settings and yours is gorgeous

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
That wedding band is a great choice, and I think it looks really classy!

*M*

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for all the compliments! FI is heaving a sigh of relief that I have finally decided on a ring I love
1.gif

My finger size is 2.75 and unfortunately, the only specs I remember about my e-ring diamond are that it''s a H and SI. This was way before I discovered PS. It''s 0.75ct and appears to be a pretty good cut to me, although it doesn''t display hearts and arrows. We got the diamond set at a local B&M jeweller, and it''s a high dome 2.5mm tapered band. I like the way it tapers down to a thinner width at the back, making it really comfortable to wear. The only thing that bugs me about my e-ring is the high prongs. The diamond is set REALLY high, because the jeweller claimed that diamonds sparkle more when they are set high
33.gif
Post-PS, now I know that a well cut diamond will sparkle no matter how it has been set! I will probably get the prongs shaved down and the diamond set lower after the wedding.

Sandiegolady, I remember admiring your wedding band when you first posted it, and thinking ''That''s the type of ring I want!'' Yours is classic, and looks great with or without your ering.

decodelighted, I love the idea of adding diamonds to the band! I wonder if they can do that... more sparkle is always good! We can add a diamond on either side each time we have a hallmark in our marriage (like first baby, etc.)

Thank you so much to all the PS-ers who gave me advice on wedding rings, and whether or not we should go with platinum or white gold. I love my ''forever'' ring
1.gif

By the way, did any of you find it difficult to get used to wearing another ring on the finger? I wore my wedding ring for a day to ''break it in'' and it felt like I had a lot of weight on my finger.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very nice!

whenharrymetsally

Shiny_Rock
They look great together! Wonderful choice!

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
I really, *really* like it! Really.
9.gif
Traditional and classic but with a slight twist. Congratulations!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look perfect together!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really love the touch of diamonds on the band, and that you can just rotate it to switch looks. Beautiful!

kohdy

Shiny_Rock
They are perfect together! Your rings are beautiful! The stone looks large on your little tiny hand. I love it so much!!!

Apocalypse

Rough_Rock
Beautiful!!
36.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually prefer bands that aren''t so thin. It is beautiful! The funny thing is that I was thinking that it would be perfect if 2 more diamonds were added, and then I saw Deco said exactly what I was thinking!

Oh, and you said PS helped you decide between platinum and wg...I didn''t see which it is.

SDL, we will look forward to seeing yours!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks gorgeous!!! Lovely set!

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
SDL, can''t wait to see your band all blinged up! Did you scatter the diamonds around the band etoile-style? You''ll have to come back with handshots
2.gif

diamondseeker, we opted for 18ct white gold, because the price of platinum is astronomical in Australia, and it costs more to polish platinum than to dip white gold.

FI''s band arrived yesterday!
36.gif
It''s 14ct white gold, 5mm thick and comfort fit. He was so excited and wanted to show everyone. It was really cute
1.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2007 11:32:11 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Date: 3/28/2007 10:45:27 PM

Author: wolftress

SDL, can't wait to see your band all blinged up! Did you scatter the diamonds around the band etoile-style? You'll have to come back with handshots

In talking to DH tonight, he is very upset I'd consider 'altering' my band. So.. apparently it will be staying un-blinged.. I was so excited to reset my diamonds into it (12 of them, about a carat tw.).. they came from a pair of earrings I'd bought with inheritance my Grandmother left me.. they just sit in my jewelry box and I really thought it wasn't such a big deal. I was/am so sad..
7.gif
Well, I WOULD HAVE liked to show you a new looking band a week from today. But alas, now it won't happen. Yes, they would have been the etoile style..
7.gif

That's a total bummer, SDL! Perhaps if you explain that you don't just want to alter your ring because you love the look, but because it'll have meaning since they're your grandmother's stones, he'll come around.

wolftress, I should have my etoile-esque band in this week! Hopefully Friday. I'll take pictures ASAP, if you're interested in seeing mine.
9.gif

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
SDL, I really like your set as-is, if it helps.
4.gif
I love the bunrnish-set diamonds with the solitaire, but I almost think it could be too much with your beyond-gorgeous e-ring. JMHO . . .

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
size 2.75?? wow your fingers are tiny...love the rings, gorgeous set...

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
wooo, I love your three stones :) SDL.... I love your plain band... Your set is one of my FAVORITES :) WOOOOOOO Do a RHR

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful wedding set. Wear it in good health!

I think this is a great look and will serve you well for many years. Don''t worry so much about eternity rings. There will be many, many anniversaries and opportunities in the future to add more bling to your life!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results