shape
carat
color
clarity

My Wedding dress is missing.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
This was waiting for me in my inbox this morning...

The package has not turned up so it has been declared lost and the search closed to a claim. Therefore, we must find an alternative. I have been reaching out to many contacts to find a replacement as it is not in stock with the manufacturer. We do have a good deal of time to find a replacement. During the holidays it takes more time to hear back from contacts so I intend to pursue finding the gown with the expectation I will have better feedback after the first of the year.

I am very sorry this occurred, but it was beyond our control. As we have many contacts, I recommend giving us time to find a replacement. Please advise at what point you would like us to discontinue the search and cancel the order. This is important as we do not want to be in a position of locating the gown but then have you decide against it and in favor of a different gown. This way the expectations and deadlines will be clear for everyone.

Also, if you have any flexibility on size, color or style that will provide more options. I have located a Maggie Sottero Reese size 4 in the ivory/pewter that may be of interest to you. Here is a photo:

http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?keywordText=reese&line=m&keywordType=any&page=0&pageSize=15&style=A3240

I am truly sorry but I want you to know we are very committed to a happy resolution for you.

Oh man can things get any worse?

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I''d get my money back and start shopping locally for samples or dresses that can be rush ordered in time, honestly. I wouldn''t want to work with this company who seems so lax in getting you your paid merchandise. Sorry, Hawaiian.
7.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/22/2009 6:26:42 PM
Author: sunnyd
I''d get my money back and start shopping locally for samples or dresses that can be rush ordered in time, honestly. I wouldn''t want to work with this company who seems so lax in getting you your paid merchandise. Sorry, Hawaiian.
7.gif
Huge dittot to Sunnyd.

Demand a refund and start your search locally on sample gowns.

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/23/2009 12:52:06 PM
Author: Clairitek

Date: 12/22/2009 6:26:42 PM
Author: sunnyd
7.gif
Huge dittot to Sunnyd.

Demand a refund and start your search locally on sample gowns.
+1

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
Hawaiianorangetree,

What happened with this? It''s been a while, so maybe I missed the update. You''re wedding is around the corner, isn''t it? Did you get your dress or a new one?

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2010 10:36:31 AM
Author: caribqueen
Hawaiianorangetree,

What happened with this? It''s been a while, so maybe I missed the update. You''re wedding is around the corner, isn''t it? Did you get your dress or a new one?
+1

I hope everything worked out for you!!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
What a nightmare!! I hope it''s all worked out, hon.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2010 10:36:31 AM
Hawaiianorangetree,

Hi caribqueen

no, you didn''t miss the update, because I don''t really have one. Yes my wedding is 5 weeks from tomorrow.
7.gif

I know that alot of people said to cut my losses and run, but whilst I was giving her the chance to find a replacement dress I had a look at what I could buy off the rack locally and the choice was minimal and expensive and poor quality. The dress I ordered from her really has been the only dress that has suited me and that I have loved, also, I don''t have the thousands of dollars lying around spare to put towards a dress from Perth. Ending my search with her would have meant I would have lost around $300 due to the dollar being stronger now and with the $800 I would have got back, I shudder to think of what I could of had. The dress I chose is $2500 here in Perth, I paid $1100 when the dollar was low.

Anyway, so I made the decision to stick with her and she had offered me many dresses in my size, but none that I love. We increased the search for my original dress to include sizes 2 to 6 and in both the ivory and the white. I didn''t hear anything from her for nearly a month and I thought that if she hadn''t of found one Now after all this time she wasn''t going to find one, but she was very confident that she would. Our cut off date was last Friday and I had actually located a Second hand dress in the UK that the bride was willing to sell me for the $800 that I would have had in return from the first dress. Just as I was ready to email the salon and tell her to stop the search, I recieved and email from her to let me know that she had found a Replacement Dress for me in the same size and colour thati originally ordered. (sound dodgy to anyone?) so great, she found me a dress with two days to spare. She let me know that when she was shipping it to me. I have emailed her over having it shipped via fedex as they seem to be the most reliable (she uses USPS) Well that was a week ago. I mean, a dress can get from the US to Australia via fedex In less than 5 days, so I really do t understNd why the dress would take longer than a week to reach her if it is only travelling in the US. I emailed her again this morning to find out what is going on. I have to go away for 2 weeks with work in just over a week, so I wa really hoping to get the dress before then to start the alterations, but I doubt that is going to happen.

So yeah, that''s where I am at now. Not the most ideal of circumstances 5 weeks out from the wedding but I am holding it together pretty well, afterall it is just a dress right?
3.gif

once/ if I get my dress I am going to hit every single forum and review site I can and share my experiences to stop this from
happening to anyone else. But right now I just have to hold tight and pray that she comes through with this promised dress.

Sorry if this post doesn''t flow well, I am on my iPhone and I is really hard to reread your own post on these things!

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my! What an update! This has really become an ordeal. I''m sending good thoughts your way and hoping for the best!! I think you could contact the lady and ask for a tracking number and then you can track its trip to you yourself. There should be one is she sent it.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2010 8:38:50 PM
Oh my! What an update! This has really become an ordeal. I''m sending good thoughts your way and hoping for the best!! I think you could contact the lady and ask for a tracking number and then you can track its trip to you yourself. There should be one is she sent it.
yeah i know!! She said that she will email me with the tracking number once she has sent it, my concern is that she doesn''t even have the dress herself yet!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Oh geez, HOT. I am sending hugs and dress dust--they get to OZ from the states instantaneously.
1.gif

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2010 10:24:45 PM
Author: katamari
Oh geez, HOT. I am sending hugs and dress dust--they get to OZ from the states instantaneously.
1.gif
thanks katamari!!

The plot thickens...

I have been trying to figure out customs stuff and i went back onto the website to see how much i paid for the dress...

Well i paid $839.72 back in June, the last time i checked, bout November? it was still the same price. Well, today, the dress is now $1339.72 !!!!!!!!!

I have this feeling that she has had my dress all along (miraculously found the dres in same size and colour 2 days before my cutoff.. come on!) and was trying to palm off a cheaper dress on to me so that she could resell my dress at the higher price. Probably not the case, but I really feel like there is something going on!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results