shape
carat
color
clarity

My Wedding dress is missing.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Oh i just can''t seem to get a break from the drama lately!

The eta for my dress was over a month ago so as polite as possible i emailed the bridal salon (online store) to ask if they could make an enquiry with the manufacturer as a month was a long time esp with the christmas shutdown period looming and my wedding day less than 3 months away.

This was the email response:

We just learned the supplier believed the shipment had arrived to us but we have since learned it was misrouted while in transit to us. We are having it researched but have not received word yet. I will let you know the update as soon as I have it.

That was 36 hours ago and i haven''t heard anything since.
8.gif

I really hope that they are able to find it. I don''t know what i would do if they told me it was gone forever because there is probably no way they would be able to get a new one made and shipped in less than 3 months, especially since the dress is getting made in China, shipped to the US and then to me in Australia.

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
sorry to hear that!

hear''s some ~~~~***wedding dress dust***~~~ and hopefully this gets sorted out soon!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry!!!!! I hope this gets straightened out soon. Keep us updated and much dust!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/16/2009 9:29:13 AM
Author:hawaiianorangetree

I really hope that they are able to find it. I don''t know what i would do if they told me it was gone forever because there is probably no way they would be able to get a new one made and shipped in less than 3 months, especially since the dress is getting made in China, shipped to the US and then to me in Australia.
Oh Hawaiian, that''s awful!
7.gif
They deserve another email, or preferably a call tomorrow if you haven''t heard anything by then. Having worked in retail, sometimes it takes a relentless customer to get stuff done. I''d tell them what you told us above, that you really need to know asap as your wedding date is looming. I really hope they find it and expedite it to you. Good luck, and big hugs!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
When is your wedding? If they don''t find it they have to get you a new one.

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Ugh! That sucks!! Just remember, it probably has to go through customs several times and I''ve heard that can take a really long time with delays and such.

****DUST**** for finding your dress!!!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Well it has been 48 hours and I have heard nothing.

Any ideas on what I should write in my email? I tend to get a little too animated when I am upset so suggestions would be appreciated.

I am really annoyed because a week after the eta passed I emailed to find out if it had arrived and I recieved a rather short email explaining that the eta is an estimate and that they were watching my order closely. Surely if they were watching my order closely they would have realized it was missing ESP after a month!!

38.gif

my wedding date is 12th of March, but if you take out the Christmas new year period it is closer to 2 months than 3.

Urgh!!

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Hawaiian, what a crappy situation! Really, there is no excuse for the salon not being on top of things. I hope your dress is found very, very soon. However, just to be on the safe side I would start discussions with the salon around how they plan on rectifying the situation should your dress not arrive on time. Good luck! Let us know what happens. Sending (((((wedding dress dust))))) your way!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Oh no!!! Hawaiian! I''m hoping for a prompt and happy resolution. Will your salon put together any contingency plans? I''m sending you good wedding dress vibes... ******

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s time for a phone call to the manager of the salon. You need a real answer... Best of luck, they will have to make it right...
2.gif

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/16/2009 11:25:07 PM
Author: Kaleigh
I think it''s time for a phone call to the manager of the salon. You need a real answer... Best of luck, they will have to make it right...
2.gif

Agreed. If it makes you feel any better, this happened to a dear friend of mine, only her dress went missing only a month before the wedding when she went in for her first fitting. She showed up, but they decided then to tell her there was no dress yet. They did rectify the situation, and she had her gorgeous dress there by the wedding!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for your wishes and support. I really appreciate the advice you gave me.

They still have not located the dress but i believe my email to them today got their attention.
4.gif

I tried to be a civil as possible but since i am in the midst of pms it probably came accross a little more harsh than intended but i think i got my message across.

Basically they are still looking for my missing dress but they are also looking for a replacement just in case. She asked if i would be willing to change size or colour and i thought that i may have been able to squeeze into a 2, but i have put a little weight on since ordering and i am right on the size 4 measurements. (half an inch under). I wouldn''t want to have the 6 because i would be worried it would cost too much in alterations and i wouldn''t have the time to get them done anyway.

I also said no to the change in colour. I have ordered the ivory and the only other option is the diamond white, but since i already have my veil and one of my main wedding colours is white, i feel that the diamond white would look just plain odd.

Am i being too picky? Should i get a different size or colour if thats what it comes to?

I really hope that they find it and it doesn''t come to an alternative dress. Fingers crossed.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/17/2009 9:15:03 AM
Author: hawaiianorangetree
Thanks everyone for your wishes and support. I really appreciate the advice you gave me.

They still have not located the dress but i believe my email to them today got their attention.
4.gif

I tried to be a civil as possible but since i am in the midst of pms it probably came accross a little more harsh than intended but i think i got my message across.

Basically they are still looking for my missing dress but they are also looking for a replacement just in case. She asked if i would be willing to change size or colour and i thought that i may have been able to squeeze into a 2, but i have put a little weight on since ordering and i am right on the size 4 measurements. (half an inch under). I wouldn''t want to have the 6 because i would be worried it would cost too much in alterations and i wouldn''t have the time to get them done anyway.

I also said no to the change in colour. I have ordered the ivory and the only other option is the diamond white, but since i already have my veil and one of my main wedding colours is white, i feel that the diamond white would look just plain odd.

Am i being too picky? Should i get a different size or colour if thats what it comes to?

I really hope that they find it and it doesn''t come to an alternative dress. Fingers crossed.
No. You ordered your dress they need to either find it or get you an exact replacement. And they need to fix this ASAP because you have to account in time for alterations! I''m so sorry this happened!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Ditto Feb. As a very last resort, they can get you a bigger size, but they''d be paying for alterations. Good for you for lighting a fire under their butts.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/17/2009 9:15:03 AM

4.gif

It seems to me that if they can only find a size six, then the dress manufacturer or the bridal shop should pay for the additional alterations. Squeezing into a size two doesn''t sound like a great option IMO. If I were you, I would agree to a size six, but only under these terms.

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Yep, ditto the last three comments! You have every right to stick to your guns about the colour and size. However, if a size 6 is readily available I would definitely consider going for it at the expense of the salon. There's no way you should be paying for the costs of these alterations.

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so sorry to hear and hoping it all works out. Have you thought about a back-up plan just in case? If they can get your a replacement under your terms then great. But maybe the back-up would be a refund of the money and then go elsewhere? Idk... That''s easier said than done if you''re really attached to the dress that''s missing.

All the best!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I definitely wouldn''t change the colour of the dress if they have another one in stock. Maybe the size but as others said, get them to pay for alterations. Hopefully they''ll find your dress soon.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/17/2009 11:35:38 AM
Author: sunnyd
Ditto Feb. As a very last resort, they can get you a bigger size, but they''d be paying for alterations. Good for you for lighting a fire under their butts.
Ditto 100%

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/18/2009 10:02:03 AM
Author: jcarlylew
Date: 12/17/2009 11:35:38 AM

Author: sunnyd

Ditto 100%

DITTO + 1

the salon has to pay for the alterations NO MATTER WHAT. if it''s not the gown you ordered, you should demand that THEY have to pay for the alterations because it is not your fault that the manufacturer (or whoever) messed up.

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with all the other ladies, if the salon messed up and all they can get you is a 6, they MUST pay for alterations. Did you sign something when you bought the dress? I hope things work out for you! GOOD LUCK!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Hiya! Who makes the dress? Unfortunately in situations like this, the manufacturer messed up, and from my experience they do NOTHING to help! I have plenty of horror stories. The salon could still possibly get you a new gown on a rush order, depending on the designer. Some of our gowns on regular order are coming in the end of March, on a rush they would get here by February. If that can''t happen, take the size six and have the store cover alterations.

I really, really, really hope they find YOUR dress though!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
They **NEED** to pay for alterations if they get you a different size that doesn''t fit. Period.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/20/2009 12:19:45 PM
Author: OUpeargirl
Hiya! Who makes the dress? Unfortunately in situations like this, the manufacturer messed up, and from my experience they do NOTHING to help! I have plenty of horror stories. The salon could still possibly get you a new gown on a rush order, depending on the designer. Some of our gowns on regular order are coming in the end of March, on a rush they would get here by February. If that can''t happen, take the size six and have the store cover alterations.

The dress is a Maggie Sottero.

I haven''t heard anything back since my last email on Thursday.

I have decided that i really need to pick a ''decision date'' to either, decide if i will hold out for the dress or cut my losses and start looking for a new one.
With Christmas only 5 days away, and i am assuming that the bridal store will close for the holidays just like any other place, i figure that i probably need to know but Christmas eve if they have found my dress or have a replacement organised because according to their FAQ''s page, many suppliers close for Christmas and do not open again until Feburary, which by then, it will be far to late to get a dress by the 12th of March.

Do you think that Christmas Eve is too soon to expect an answer of some sort other than ''we are working on it''? I don''t want to hold out till they open back up again (maybe Mid Jan) to find out they can''t find mine or get me a new one in time since the supplier is closed.

What do you think?

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/21/2009 12:56:08 AM

I have decided that i really need to pick a ''decision date'' to either, decide if i will hold out for the dress or cut my losses and start looking for a new one.

With Christmas only 5 days away, and i am assuming that the bridal store will close for the holidays just like any other place, i figure that i probably need to know but Christmas eve if they have found my dress or have a replacement organised because according to their FAQ''s page, many suppliers close for Christmas and do not open again until Feburary, which by then, it will be far to late to get a dress by the 12th of March.

Do you think that Christmas Eve is too soon to expect an answer of some sort other than ''we are working on it''? I don''t want to hold out till they open back up again (maybe Mid Jan) to find out they can''t find mine or get me a new one in time since the supplier is closed.

What do you think?

I think you''re not being assertive enough! As previous posters said, I would NOT be emailing, I would be calling, if not going into the store in person (I can''t remember if you''re near them or not?) This requires immediate action, and even if they are closed for the holidays, at least you''ll know that you tried. By not hounding them, they get the impression that it''s not that big of a concern for you, and in turn, it''s not that big of a concern to them! And you shouldn''t have to cut your losses! THEY are responsible for getting you a new dress if it comes to that! Please don''t be sheepish about this! It''s a big deal and you deserve the dress that YOU ORDERED! If they don''t have one in your size, they WILL pay for alterations. If they find one and need it to be rush-delivered, they WILL pay for it, because that is their obligation to you! Call them ASAP, leave phone messages, honestly call at least once or twice a week until you speak to a human being!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/21/2009 1:22:38 AM
Author: sonnyjane

What do you think?

I think you''re not being assertive enough! As previous posters said, I would NOT be emailing, I would be calling, if not going into the store in person (I can''t remember if you''re near them or not?) This requires immediate action, and even if they are closed for the holidays, at least you''ll know that you tried. By not hounding them, they get the impression that it''s not that big of a concern for you, and in turn, it''s not that big of a concern to them! And you shouldn''t have to cut your losses! THEY are responsible for getting you a new dress if it comes to that! Please don''t be sheepish about this! It''s a big deal and you deserve the dress that YOU ORDERED! If they don''t have one in your size, they WILL pay for alterations. If they find one and need it to be rush-delivered, they WILL pay for it, because that is their obligation to you! Call them ASAP, leave phone messages, honestly call at least once or twice a week until you speak to a human being!
Sonny, i would agree with you if i actually lived in the same country as the store but i don''t!
15.gif

I was assertive in my last 2 emails to them, but since i am not even in the same country as them, and the fact that i bought the dress on line, i feel that there is only so much i can do. If i haven''t had an email by tomorrow morning i will try and call, hopefully someone will answer.

I have bought many things online before and i did my research on this company.. nothing bad came up. I just feel that if i push too much that they will do even less to resolve the issue since they are in New York and I am in Australia.. there is probably little action i can take against them if things don''t go well, so i am trying to let them resolve it in their own time, hopefully in a postiive way.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/20/2009 12:19:45 PM

Author: OUpeargirl

What do you think?

We order through Maggie Sottero. A dress my boss ordered on Friday is supposed to come in the last week of March. They need to get you a new gown on rush order at their cost. It would probably come in mid February, but at this point it is definitely still possible. DO NOT WAIT on this! Right now you still have a chance to get a new dress through them. I would call them ASAP. And after you call, have your mom call, etc. Don''t take this lying down!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Ditto OUPear. People can ignore emails quite easily, but it''s much harder when someone is on the phone. They''ve likely been open all weekend, so they''ve had plenty of time already to respond. Time to call.

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
You need to be way harsher with them; I understand that due to your lack of proximity to the store you can''t just pop in, but you need to be doing more than just emailing them. Call, call, call!! And if your friends and relatives can call too, have them. I''d sure as hell not let them just traipse off for the holidays without a word on your dress. Stay on their case, demand either a replacement or restitution, or explain that their lack of professionalism is going to negatively impact their business.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/21/2009 6:00:12 PM
Author: DearBuddha
You need to be way harsher with them; I understand that due to your lack of proximity to the store you can''t just pop in, but you need to be doing more than just emailing them. Call, call, call!! And if your friends and relatives can call too, have them. I''d sure as hell not let them just traipse off for the holidays without a word on your dress. Stay on their case, demand either a replacement or restitution, or explain that their lack of professionalism is going to negatively impact their business.

Thanks, I agree, I mean, being restrained isn''t getting me anywhere and I really need an answer soon before I go crazy over the holidays.
I tried calling this morning, but I believe it is the evening in new York, so I will try tonight when I get home, which should be Tuesday morning there. At least I have all day to think about what I am going to say to her.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results