color
clarity

My wedding band for D''Vatche X-Prong

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2007 4:42:23 PM
Author: mrssalvo
Ellen,

there was a woman at the pool today who had a set similar to yours. I couldn''t get close enough to see her e-ring setting but from a few feet away she had a plain setting and plain band about the same width as yours with a very nice size round stone. there was something so classic and beautiful about it although the bands were plain. I just thought that is probably what your set looks like in person and it was wonderful!!
You''re slipping, where were your binoculars??
11.gif
9.gif

Well thank you for sharing, and I hope people get the same pleasure looking at mine as you did with hers!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
hi Ellen,
I keep thinking about your plain band and I think I might get myself a plain plat band too (straight band). I bet DH won''t even notice to be honest with you. I would feel really bad abt the $ wasted on the curved band but it is just sooo hard to keep it aligned! Thanks for your idea about sizing it down - I did that for a while but then when I lost weight the w-band became my correct size and I had my e-ring sized down too so now both are my proper size. Anyway, sorry to ramble but when it was smaller it didn''t help as much as I would have thought, actually.

Last night at dinner I sat by a woman whose e-ring is similar to ours in a white metal and her w-band was the same width and profile (so it matched) but yellow gold. Her husband''s ring was yellow gold too. I would not have thought of mixing metals like that, but it actually looked quite nice together.

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
Oh man, your diamond is S P E C T A C U L A R ! ! !

You take amazing pictures.... And your set looks great together.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gail, wow, I would never think of mixing golds with this set either. Interesting... And I know you feel bad about the band, but you need to be happy and relaxed with your set! And if you''re constantly fixing them, well, then you''re not. Maybe you can think of something to do with the other band, not sure what, but you never know.

Let me know if you get one!

Eva, thank you!! Tell ya what, I''ll trade mine for your Radiant for a bit.
9.gif
2.gif

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
ellen, the new band looks fabulous with your e-ring! i love how fluid the two look together!!!
30.gif

it''s an awesome set!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you mam!

I just love seeing your posts so I can see that beeootiful av!
2.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2007 5:28:08 PM
Author: Ellen
Gail, wow, I would never think of mixing golds with this set either. Interesting... And I know you feel bad about the band, but you need to be happy and relaxed with your set! And if you''re constantly fixing them, well, then you''re not. Maybe you can think of something to do with the other band, not sure what, but you never know.

Let me know if you get one!

Eva, thank you!! Tell ya what, I''ll trade mine for your Radiant for a bit.
9.gif
2.gif
You are entirely right... I should just do it.

Abt the gold, I was surprised too but it looked quite nice! She wore the e-ring on the inside and the gold ring on top, and both seemed a tad loose so they moved around a bit on her hand. They were a really nice looking set.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2007 12:02:50 AM
Author: gailrmv
You are entirely right... I should just do it.

Abt the gold, I was surprised too but it looked quite nice! She wore the e-ring on the inside and the gold ring on top, and both seemed a tad loose so they moved around a bit on her hand. They were a really nice looking set.
Yup.
28.gif

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
OK, we can share for a while. I love switching it up...

LOL!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2007 9:38:56 AM
Author: Eva17
OK, we can share for a while. I love switching it up...

LOL!
6.gif

yippee7.gif

NYPrincess

Rough_Rock
Ellen,

Congrats on a beautiful set! I am looking at the x-prong setting for a 1.0 carat emerald cut diamond. Vatche will customize it to my stone without a problem however, I am agonizing over what I will do for the band if i choose this mouting. I am like you and prefer a more clean, matched look but I don''t like the curved band that goes with this setting.

Did you look at the Vatche straight cut wedding band when you purchased your setting? If so, did it fit relatively flush with the x-prongs? I know you purchased your 3.5mm band from a local jeweler but does it have any markings or do you know the manufacturer? We are purchasing both the setting and band online and it is hard to tell what bands will work with the x-prong.

Any advice?

Thanks.

20.gif

A Fellow X-Prong Vatche Lover

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Miss Ellen, HOW is it even POSSIBLE that I''ve missed this thread in the past?!? I thought for sure I''d commented on your amazing solitaire but apparently I''ve been remiss. Can you ever forgive me??? Man, I''d love to have a play date with our rings
20.gif
... And may I say that your wedding set is to DIE for! Simply divine! That ering goes to prove my theory that a spectacular stone needs no other embellishments. At.All! Man, that is a gorgeous stone. A beautiful setting and a the perfect band to compliment it all. One would think that all that metal would overwhelm the stone but instead, the stone shines out like a spot light. Like a head light. Heck, like a lightHOUSE! Can you share the stats on that lovely stone please? And where are your flower shots missy???

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/28/2007 1:10:03 PM
Author: NYPrincess
Ellen,

Congrats on a beautiful set! I am looking at the x-prong setting for a 1.0 carat emerald cut diamond. Vatche will customize it to my stone without a problem however, I am agonizing over what I will do for the band if i choose this mouting. I am like you and prefer a more clean, matched look but I don''t like the curved band that goes with this setting.

Did you look at the Vatche straight cut wedding band when you purchased your setting? If so, did it fit relatively flush with the x-prongs? I know you purchased your 3.5mm band from a local jeweler but does it have any markings or do you know the manufacturer? We are purchasing both the setting and band online and it is hard to tell what bands will work with the x-prong.

Any advice?

Thanks.

20.gif

A Fellow X-Prong Vatche Lover
NY, thank you!

To answer your questions, no, I bought online, and didn''t try and find a dealer to see the wedding bands. I knew I didn''t want to pay that much for something I "thought" I wasn''t gonna wear that much. (I had put almost ALL the budget into the diamond, so saving was critical). I figured I''d just get something inexpensive that would go good enough until I got my forever setting.

The band does have a mark on it, and I''ll try and get a picture of it. It''s cloudy here today, so if I can''t get a good one, will post when I can.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/28/2007 7:30:00 PM
Author: surfgirl
Miss Ellen, HOW is it even POSSIBLE that I''ve missed this thread in the past?!? I thought for sure I''d commented on your amazing solitaire but apparently I''ve been remiss. Can you ever forgive me??? Man, I''d love to have a play date with our rings
20.gif
... And may I say that your wedding set is to DIE for! Simply divine! That ering goes to prove my theory that a spectacular stone needs no other embellishments. At.All! Man, that is a gorgeous stone. A beautiful setting and a the perfect band to compliment it all. One would think that all that metal would overwhelm the stone but instead, the stone shines out like a spot light. Like a head light. Heck, like a lightHOUSE! Can you share the stats on that lovely stone please? And where are your flower shots missy???
LOL You crack me up, of course I forgive you.
2.gif

And thank you mam, I am rather fond of it myself.
5.gif

We are of the same thinking, as I too tend to believe when you have a great stone, let it be the star.
2.gif
However, that''s not to say I would kick a killer stone encrusted with pave out of bed...
9.gif

And I know what you mean about thinking all that metal would distract from the intended goal. Trust me, no one was more shocked than me at the affect the second band had. I was like this--->
6.gif
30.gif
it just makes it yell, Hey! look at me! lol

p.s. I dun have no flowers.
25.gif

Here are the stats.

GIA Ex
Sym Ex
Pol Ex
1.40 G VS1
Diam 7.25
Girdle 1.12
T 56.06
D 61.19
CA 34.05
PA 41

And the x-ray.

IS102.jpg

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Yanno what? I am totally jealous of you and all the other ladies who have SMALL FINGERS. Damn you all! Your stones look huge on your fingers and I''m always thinking, "oh man, that must be at LEAST a 2ct based on the ratio of finger coverage...but NO...If only my finger was as petite as yours
20.gif

I know what you mean about pave, etc. I see so many gorgeous rings here, a lot with aspects I normally dont care for, but I see them here and they look fantastic. And yet, there is something so quietly elegant about a single fanfreakingtastic stone, alone, coyly saying, "psst! over here, wanna see what I can do???"
27.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Ellen!! They look so gorgeous together!!! How did I miss this thread? I am hopeless!
30.gif

NYPrincess

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the reply Ellen! Since my set is going to be my "forever" set, I want to get what I want from the start. I am still undecided between going with the platinum Vatche x-prong or the 18k gold. I love platinum and my current set is platinum. I am just not sure I want to spend the extra money. Since I am upgrade my diiamond from a .55 to a 1.00+ stone, I think I would be happier putting the extra money into the diamond.

Please try to post pics of the marking on your band if you have time.

Thanks!

P.S. Your set is one of the most stunning and beautiful I''ve ever seen!!!

36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2007 2:01:16 PM
Author: surfgirl
Yanno what? I am totally jealous of you and all the other ladies who have SMALL FINGERS. Damn you all! Your stones look huge on your fingers and I''m always thinking, ''oh man, that must be at LEAST a 2ct based on the ratio of finger coverage...but NO...If only my finger was as petite as yours
20.gif
I wouldn''t call 5 1/2 petite. And YOU''VE got that fantastico stone, that one of a kind old world dazzler, AND the magical chandelier.
11.gif
Let''s just talk about who''s jealous here missy.
9.gif
You''re ring looks perfect on your finger.
2.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
NY, here''s the pic. The band looks bad, it''s just picking up reflections.

And I''d put the money in the stone too.
2.gif
Let us know what you decide.

And thanks again!

Band01.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2007 4:05:14 PM
Author: Maisie
Oh Ellen!! They look so gorgeous together!!! How did I miss this thread? I am hopeless!
30.gif
Thanks Maise. I see you''re going to be having a new thread in here soon too.
36.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
The new band looks perfect with your ering Ellen! I think your stone is one of the most beautiful EVER. I''m amazed every time I see it!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2007 9:36:29 AM
Author: Miranda
The new band looks perfect with your ering Ellen! I think your stone is one of the most beautiful EVER. I''m amazed every time I see it!
Aw, thank you Miranda! My diamond is blushing.
5.gif

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Wow is this pretty! Very flowing and elegant. I love this set. Happy that it worked out so well!
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Beacon!

NYPrincess

Rough_Rock
Ellen,

Thanks for the pic of the inside of your band. It looks like it may be a "Stuller" marking but I''ll have to do some more research. I hope you are still enjoying your new rings and all the compliments on them!!!

I have been overwhelmed with information on emerald cut stones here on PS!!! I was going to take my time picking out my upgrade EC stone however, my husband has been offered a promotion in the UK (where he is from originally) and we may be moving to the UK in the next 3 - 4 months. I know that diamonds over there are VERY, VERY expensive compared to the US so I am now on the fast hunt for a 1.00+ EC stone. After reading all the PS information, I am having a hard time trying to figure out what to lookfor in an EC stone. I''ve always had RB stones and I''ve found the EC is a different animal so to speak. I know there are lots of people out there to assist me but it is frustrating with so much information.

At least I''ll have have internet connection in the UK so I can still communicate with fellow PSers!

Thanks again for the photo of your band. Enjoy it! If I didn''t know, I would have said you bought it with the ER setting.

NY
35.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
NY, thank you. And you''re welcome!

Are you buying online, or in a retail store? If online, I would just contact the vendor you wish to go with, and tell them exactly what you''re looking for and let them find it. That would proably be the safest, fastest way to get it done it time. Just a thought...

Please let us know what you end up with, emerald cuts are so classy!

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Ellen, I love your band!!!! The set looks stunning. The band compliments your e-ring so well. WOW.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know how I missed this...but WOW! I am now even more in love with your ring than I was before! THe WB is the perfect compliment to that stunning solitaire.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
jewels and facet, thank you so much for the kind compliments!

It''s funny how just a plain old band can do so much. Who knew?!

vintagebling

Shiny_Rock
I absolutely love this classic ring set! There are so many beautiful rings! This is just gorgeous and tremendously understated!

Love it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results