color
clarity

My wedding band for D''Vatche X-Prong

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Vintage, thank you!

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Yummy! This is beautiful, and very classic too!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Belle!

april diamonds

Shiny_Rock
Ellen, now that I''ve finally gotten around to getting an account and posting I''ve been wanting to tell you how much I love your photos. Your rings are so beautiful and just have this classiness and that stone is killer. Really love it.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/5/2007 4:30:19 PM
Author: April Diamonds
Ellen, now that I''ve finally gotten around to getting an account and posting I''ve been wanting to tell you how much I love your photos. Your rings are so beautiful and just have this classiness and that stone is killer. Really love it.
Aw, thank you!!

Our Erings have a bit in common, I''m sure that''s why I love yours so much.
2.gif

bschai

Rough_Rock
Ellen,

You know, you pictures of the x-prong is even nicer than what they show on vatche''s site. :razz:

May I ask if your ring is the "royal x-prong" or the "x-prong". I can never tell the difference.

Do you know the difference between the two?

Thanks.

bschai

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, that solitaire is pretty stunning...and it looks so faboo on your finger...Yummy!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/5/2007 6:55:50 PM
Author: bschai
Ellen,

You know, you pictures of the x-prong is even nicer than what they show on vatche''s site. :razz:

May I ask if your ring is the ''royal x-prong'' or the ''x-prong''. I can never tell the difference.

Do you know the difference between the two?

Thanks.

bschai
6.gif

Wow, that''s one of the nicest compliments I''ve ever gotten. Thank you!!

Mine is just the X-Prong. The Royal tapers in where it meets the diamond, whereas my band flares out to it''s widest part there. (4 mm).

Are you considering one of these? They''re both lovely!

And thank you too, Mrs. surfgirl!
2.gif

Cathers

Shiny_Rock
Your rings are absolutely delish! Love them both! Very elegant! You have very nice hands as well
2.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/6/2007 7:51:15 PM
Author: Çã†hër§
Your rings are absolutely delish! Love them both! Very elegant! You have very nice hands as well
2.gif
Aw, thank you.

You''re too kind on the hands, but hopefully they distract from the wrinkles.
2.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ellen, I love it; you need to take more pics. Maybe a pumpkin picture or fall leaves w/your beauty or pine cones or Halloween candy and your sparkler. Hmmm, think of all the possibilities.
18.gif
hehe
9.gif

ETA: or when you make em danish's they could be a prop
3.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/6/2007 8:39:06 PM
Author: Skippy123
Ellen, I love it; you need to take more pics. Maybe a pumpkin picture or fall leaves w/your beauty or pine cones or Halloween candy and your sparkler. Hmmm, think of all the possibilities.
18.gif
hehe
9.gif

ETA: or when you make em danish''s they could be a prop
3.gif
lol.gif

You are encouragable!
2.gif

BTW, my son keeps asking when we''re going to make them.
emembarrassed.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/6/2007 8:43:44 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 9/6/2007 8:39:06 PM
18.gif
hehe
9.gif

ETA: or when you make em danish's they could be a prop
3.gif
lol.gif

You are encouragable!
2.gif

BTW, my son keeps asking when we're going to make them.
emembarrassed.gif
Oh goodie; I can smell them now. heehee and a mighty yummy prop too! Your sons sounds like a sweetie; I am sure he takes after his momma
9.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/6/2007 10:45:29 PM

Oh goodie; I can smell them now. heehee and a mighty yummy prop too! Your sons sounds like a sweetie; I am sure he takes after his momma
9.gif
Well, akshullly, he does.
bat%20eyes3.gif

9.gif
25.gif

And, I wouldn''t stick my ring in a sweet roll for just anbody, but I may just do it for you Skippers.
2.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2007 8:30:13 AM

Date: 9/6/2007 10:45:29 PM

9.gif
Well, akshullly, he does.
bat%20eyes3.gif

9.gif
25.gif

And, I wouldn''t stick my ring in a sweet roll for just anbody, but I may just do it for you Skippers.
2.gif
Ahhh Ellen you are so sweet. I am glad he takes after you; it makes the world a little better; okay, sorry to be mushy!

Enjoy the danish but don''t put your ring in there; I was only teasin ya! I am excited to hear what you think!!!
9.gif
31.gif

Heather_Bride2B

Rough_Rock
Ellen,

I swear I am not trying to be rude but what size is your stone? I LOVE your ring. I was curious because I want to drop a hint to my fiance....lol

Heather

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Heather!

That''s not rude, that''s VITAL information!
9.gif

It''s a 1.40 (7.25 diameter) on a size 5.5 finger.
2.gif

It''s a great size to get, and what I was after. It gives the "look" of a 1.50, but comes without the price tag. They aren''t abundant, but they are out there.

HTH, and thank you very much!

Heather_Bride2B

Rough_Rock
Thank you for getting back with me. I would have guessed it was much much bigger than that. It''s sooo pretty!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/28/2007 3:30:41 PM
Author: Heather_Bride2B

Thank you for getting back with me. I would have guessed it was much much bigger than that. It''s sooo pretty!
I think a lot of that is due to the cut. When you have an extremely well cut, tight stone, it will have great light return, hence looking bigger that you''d think. That''s why we''re always telling people, "cut is king".
2.gif

And you are very welcome.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/18/2007 2:25:28 PM
Last one!
3.gif
You can''t really beat the classic look of great solitaire and plain band. When they''re just so right together -- it''s the perfect combo. And I''ve always loved the Vatche setting. BEEAAUUTIFUL DIAMOND, by the way!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Holly, thank you!!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Ellen,
I''m about to pull the trigger on buying that straight band I''ve been talking about forEVER!
So far I have my eye on a 3 mm from e-weddingbands.com, comfort fit. Just wondering if you could tell me where you bought yours from, b/c since I know it looks so good, I might just get the same one! Do you know if that S inside means stuller? Do you happen to know the thickness (height)? They have regular and extra thick and I thik the regular(1.5 mm thickness) will work best with the prongs. Extra thick (2.3 mm) might clank into it.
I think I will go try on some bands of various width to be sure, but I think I''m going to get a 3mm. My setting is 3.5 mm at the widest point and about 2 at the back so I figured 3 is a good average. I am going for the exact look that you have, and I know your band is 3.5 but I think your x-prong setting is a little wider than mine since your stone is bigger.
I hope you don''t mind if I copy - that curved band is driving me bananas and it is time to make a change. I skipped a recent trip and told DH that I was using the airplane money saved on something for myself!

Would love to get your thoughts before pulling the trigger on this purchase!! Thanks and sorry for the threadjack - but c''mon, everyone enjoys another chance to look at your beautiful rings!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey you, I see you bought a new dress! (name)

First off, isn''t your setting platinum? I didn''t think we were supposed to wear different metals together....

But for the record, I don''t know how thick mine is, I''d go with the regular. And the 3mm sounds good if you think your band is a bit slimmer.

If you decide you want to order (if it''s possible) mine from where I got it, I can try and get all the info for you. I don''t know if the S stands for Stuller, someone else asked me that too. Like I said, I can go in and find out. Just let me know when you decide whether you''re ordering from ewb or not.

And no I don''t mind you getting the same band at all.
2.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
hi Ellen! Thanks for writing! Yep, it''s still me... I sorta explained over on the WWT... I had been wishing for a while that I had picked a different name and so I finally changed it :) Feel free to still call me by my old name though, doesn''t matter!

Don''t worry about finding out abt the band although I really appreciate you offering! I just thought maybe it was from a website where you could send me the link, but it sounds like it was from a store. I''m going to go by Jareds tonight and see if I can try the different widths to be sure and then order from EWB.com. I''m going to get platinum - I agree w. you about mixing metals - I was mostly just wanting to make sure I got the right style (especially for the thickness - I am very particular about that for some reason!) The prices at EWB are the best I''ve found for plat and doesn''t seem like plat is coming down anytime soon so I may as well go for it, and if I don''t like it, I''m only out some postage and a little time.

Thanks again and I''ll let you know how it turns out!

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Ellen,

Can I ask why you went with 18K white gold instead of platinum for your e-ring setting? I had my three stone trellis from WhiteFlash made in 18K WG for cost reasons but its been nagging me that I should have gone with platinum (which is the metal my solitare setting was). Funny thing is, I like the white of white gold over the grey of platinum
20.gif
. I go back and forth whether I should actually have my three stone reset in a platinum trellis setting but then I think that''s totally crazy, especially for cost reasons. I know, I''m looney!
38.gif

Anyway, I ADORE your set!!!
30.gif

Thanks!
35.gif

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Gail-

One time I ordered the 2.3mm (in height) platinum comfort fit and it''s REALLY high! I would definitely go with regular comfort fit! EWB.com was awesome and they had no problem with me returning the ring. I would ordered from them again without hesitation!

Also, is your curved band really that much of a pain? I have my straight diamond band that I wear with my three stone, I just ordered a whitegold scattered diamond band from WF as a stand alone ring/RHR/fun band to match with the three stone, but I really want just a plain plain plain band to match up with my three stone x-prong. I''m serisously contemplating the curved band from WF but if it''s annoying to wear....then maybe I should just get a plain straight band (my 2.5mm got lost
15.gif
so I''m on the search for a new plain band)..?

Oye!
23.gif
20.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gail, I gave the link to the place I got it (in my hometown) in here a ways back, but it''s fairly useless as it doesn''t list the plain bands, or much of anything for that matter. Frankly, I was shocked they had a website.
9.gif

Lemme know what you end up with, or if you need more help!

Feb, I like WG (that''s all I wear), so that''s why I got it.
28.gif
And thank you!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
yippee10.gif
Ellen I love the new avatar!!! We need some new diamond pics, pweeese maybe in halloween candy corns or in leaf's?

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
hi! Ellen, I am super sorry for the threadjack. If it is bothering you please tell me and I will start a new thread!
First off, I am 99% sure that your band is from Stuller!! I went into Jareds tonight (they were super nice, and polished my rings for free - usually at least $30 per ring). THey got out the Stuller book and the logo on the front looked like the S from inside your ring, so I am pretty sure that it is Stuller!
Jareds had only a very low (height wise) band that was not quite right and then ones from Scott Kay. The Scott Kay was perfect! I mean perfect! It measured 1.5 mm tall and 3 mm wide. Unfortunately it was over $1000 (but they have great financing... this is me being sarcastic b/c I would not finance jewelry but MAN they keep pushing their financing program!) Anyway a similar band from eweddingbands.com is only $329, and I don''t care a bit about the SK name for something this simple!

Thanks so much Feb2003Bride for the recommendation to NOT go with the tall one, that is great to know, and I am glad that you had a good experience with eweddingbands.com. To answer your question about the curved band, well, it looks great but it is annoying to wear. Not TOO annoying, because I have been wearing it for 2 yrs now and only just now doing something about it, but kinda annoying. I love how the rings look when lined up together, but the curved band moves around quite a bit on my finger and I am constantly realigning them. I would probably not buy it if I could do it over. Another good solution would be to solder them, but I just don''t want to. I love admiring my Xprong alone, and there are times I wear it with another band I have or even solo, so I just didn''t want to lose the option. I hope this helps and feel free to ask anything else about the curved band!

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Gail- Thanks so much! I just got a quote from WF about a curved band but I''m hesitating because I don''t want that funky out of line look that curved bands can give. I''m like you, I want the freedom to change my rings up
9.gif

But seeing your ring and Ellen''s makes me wish I had an x-prong solitare
27.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results