shape
carat
color
clarity

My Warm Heart

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
David from DBL made a sweet yellow diamond heart shape into a bezel set necklace for me - and then we added white diamonds to the chain. It's very pretty and doesn't turn over like some pendants do which is something to watch out for.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Blinky, I don''t know what it means, but I woke up thinking about your diamond heart.
1.gif
A bezel might be a nice compromise between a basket and a halo. I particularly like the 23rd SJ''s delicate, micro-milgrain ones. The milgraining almost gives it a halo-esque look, and I also like some of their single bales - both with and without diamonds. I tried to attach a pic, but I can''t seem to convert the file.
39.gif
Here''s a link, though: http://23rdstreetjewelers.com/aCatItem.aspx

whitetulips

Shiny_Rock
I think a bezel like the one that lovingdiamonds posted would be beautiful
30.gif

cara

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 12:23:46 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
David from DBL made a sweet yellow diamond heart shape into a bezel set necklace for me - and then we added white diamonds to the chain. It''s very pretty and doesn''t turn over like some pendants do which is something to watch out for.

Oooh! I really like this bezel cause it helps emphasize the cleft at the top of the heart, which can be pretty subtle in some of these smaller hearts. Nice.

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Ok, I SO cannot wait to see this stone when we meet up tomorrow. It looks ADORABLE!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is gorgeous! I love the idea of a bezel, that one gets my vote.

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 12:23:46 PM
David from DBL made a sweet yellow diamond heart shape into a bezel set necklace for me - and then we added white diamonds to the chain. It''s very pretty and doesn''t turn over like some pendants do which is something to watch out for.

ok! thanks for adding your necklace! are there any more shots?

1.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here you go! You can see the diamonds set into the chain in this photo. There are 6 in total and they are bezel set both sides so even if the chain moves or flips, you always see the diamond (if that makes sense)? The main heart is also open at the back so it lets light in - although it sparkles beautifully and doesn''t need much help. So you can get a sense of size, the central heart diamond is 1.02ct.

Hope that helps. Good luck with your project.

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 12:37:29 PM
Author: cellentani
Blinky, I don''t know what it means, but I woke up thinking about your diamond heart.
1.gif
A bezel might be a nice compromise between a basket and a halo. I particularly like the 23rd SJ''s delicate, micro-milgrain ones. The milgraining almost gives it a halo-esque look, and I also like some of their single bales - both with and without diamonds. I tried to attach a pic, but I can''t seem to convert the file.
39.gif
Here''s a link, though: http://23rdstreetjewelers.com/aCatItem.aspx

cellentani
hehe Here''s To Diamond Dreams! Thank you again for that site--- It has some good inspiration pics on there! --that linky just brought me to the home page. what section were u in?

cara-- you have a good point there----.."bezel cause it helps emphasize the cleft at the top of the heart, which can be pretty subtle in some of these smaller hearts."

ALj--- YAY! can''t wait until tomorrow!-- hey-- could you bring your snazzy pickle picker uppers (gem gripper thing-ah-ma-bob) I have my locking tweezers-- but yours is safer-- less likely to drop.

thanks for your thoughts ladies
35.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This was the diamond before setting - I think the shape is very similar to yours:

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
What an adorable diamond!! I would probably set it either in a bezel or in a halo to show off the shape. It would also look great set upside down if you are looking for a modern twist on hearts.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, wow! That diamond is lovely, and I love that your DH''s husband starts with M, and it''s an M diamond!

I''m on the bezel train, with the mouse ears turned perpendicular instead of in profile. Or maybe just a slider?

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 2:53:44 PM
Author: blinkydoll

cellentani
hehe Here''s To Diamond Dreams! Thank you again for that site--- It has some good inspiration pics on there! --that linky just brought me to the home page. what section were u in?
Aack, sorry about that blinky. It was in the yellow necklaces - they''ve got a yellow heart with a milgrained bezel and plain, simple bale. I''m jealous, someone''s gonna get to see your heart diamond tomorrow?! Lucky them, but that''s so not fair!!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That bezel of Lovingdiamonds is yummy! I vote bezel again
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 5:17:00 PM
Author: cellentani
Date: 2/3/2009 2:53:44 PM

Author: blinkydoll

cellentani

Aack, sorry about that blinky. It was in the yellow necklaces - they''ve got a yellow heart with a milgrained bezel and plain, simple bale. I''m jealous, someone''s gonna get to see your heart diamond tomorrow?! Lucky them, but that''s so not fair!!

Is this the one? I wonder what the back looks like? I love the thinness of the bezel.
would it be weird to have the bail in the middle of the heart like that-- for a pendant? is it distracting?

Ny002lg.gif

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 2:56:05 PM
This was the diamond before setting - I think the shape is very similar to yours:

Oh Nice heart Diamond!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Do you have a thread somewhere with more pics?
1.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Hey blinky, yup, that''s the one. That bale wouldn''t be my first choice, but it''s not horrible either. How''s that for an endorsement?! I mostly wanted to point out the milgrain bezel - I''m thinking about having a colored stone done that way, if it''s not too expensive.

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Your heart is gorgeous!! It will make a beautfiul pendant!! I also vote for a bezel setting!!
36.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

It''s a darling! Need another for a swaeeet pair of earrings!
2.gif
9.gif

cheers--Sharon

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
here are a few more quick pics---of my heart
a little flair:

blinkwarmheart-2.jpg

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
just sitting there-- showing a little warmth..
4.gif

blinkwarmheart-3.jpg

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
4.gif

blinkwarmheart-4.jpg

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
it looks white most of the time-- here is a sparkle blur shot
4.gif

blinkwarmheart-5.jpg

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
white sparkle
4.gif

blinkwarmheart-6.jpg

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
another
4.gif

blinkwarmheart-7.jpg

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
you can see the little clunker in there--- but in person.. its not even noticable
I don''t mind it really
28.gif

blinkwarmheart.jpg

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
redundant
4.gif

blinkwarmheart-8.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous heart! These last few pics are excellent, blinky. I vote for the simple bezel...
36.gif
9.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful diamond!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Wow thanks for posting more pics! It sure is a beauty!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results