shape
carat
color
clarity

My Victor Canera Graduated 5 Stone Ring!

mtabh

Rough_Rock
Enerchi said:
Dreamer_D|1342631703|3236144 said:
Very elegant! I want to see a "family portrait" of all your bling. I think you have one of the most impressive collections on PS! Your pieces all compliment one another so well in style and proportion.

oh yes!!! please do post a 'family picture" of all your gorgeous bling!!! I'd love to see them as well ---- please please, pretty please??? :rodent:[/quote]

I second this. Seems like you have superb tastes! :)

Phdecorate

Shiny_Rock
I love VC!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phdecorate|1342805422|3237289 said:
I love VC!

Me, too!!! Just had to come look at this again. It is just the best 5 stone band setting I have seen. :love:

MK514

Rough_Rock
Your ring is beautiful and substantial, perfect!!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mom2boys, I have NO idea how I could've missed this!! It's gorgeous and very well-proportioned. You did well, really well. VC really is one talented artisan.

Wow, I *hated* my 5-stone ring and thought perhaps I disliked all 5-stone rings. Now I can clearly see that I was wrong, dead wrong in my thinking. I just got the stone sizes and proportions all wrong for my ring. I am now back in the "love-5-stone-ring-camp", lol.

Btw, I hope you don't mind my posting your thread in DiaDiva's new thread.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix|1344145498|3246243 said:
Mom2boys, I have NO idea how I could've missed this!! It's gorgeous and very well-proportioned. You did well, really well. VC really is one talented artisan.

Wow, I *hated* my 5-stone ring and thought perhaps I disliked all 5-stone rings. Now I can clearly see that I was wrong, dead wrong in my thinking. I just got the stone sizes and proportions all wrong for my ring. I am now back in the "love-5-stone-ring-camp", lol.

Btw, I hope you don't mind my posting your thread in DiaDiva's new thread.

Typo - I meant for my hand.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to hear that, Phoenix, about your 5 stone! Do you still wear it at all? Maybe you can trade it in for the 4.126 ct BGD Blue if you don't mind the I color or SI-1 clarity!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mom2boys|1344185045|3246350 said:
Sorry to hear that, Phoenix, about your 5 stone! Do you still wear it at all? Maybe you can trade it in for the 4.126 ct BGD Blue if you don't mind the I color or SI-1 clarity!

Unfortunately, I think I wore this ring a total of like 3-4 times. I was going to trade it in for that 4ct "blue" together with one of the 2 caraters (either the 2.374ct or the 2.656ct), but dare I say the 4ct a little too small for *me*! I mean I've waited for like 6 years now for a 5ct, I might as well as just wait a little longer for the "right" stone. Also, that 4ct has a not-too-tiny feather on the table and I think it'd bug me too much. I'd like my stones to not have inclusions right in the centre (but this "blue" is a beautiful stone nonetheless). And my 5-stone ring is now at JbEG.

I then asked BGD to cut me a 5ct (and I'd trade in both the 2caraters and the 5-stone ring) and Brian came back saying he had access to a piece of rough and he could cut it for me; but it'd cost me XXX dollars, which is at quite a hefty premium to the market. I know that BGD stones usually carry a premium but this was quite substantial (to me anyway). Plus, Brian said that even though he's quite sure this stone would end up as an I, there was a chance it could be graded a J. In the latter case, I'd still have to commit. I didn't want to pay this premium and end up with a J. In any case, it means that this stone is a borderline I/J anyway.

So then I asked them (twice) if I could upgrade to a virtual stone. They didn't reply! ;(

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix--Well, I guess you will have to keep on looking then. Maybe you would be better off w/ a large EC instead? Or perhaps have a large stone recut into something you would like better?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mom2boys|1344224967|3246659 said:
Phoenix--Well, I guess you will have to keep on looking then. Maybe you would be better off w/ a large EC instead? Or perhaps have a large stone recut into something you would like better?

Yes, I am still looking. But the most difficult part is gathering all the funds together and not actually finding a suitable 5ct. I really really wish I hadn't got distracted and bought what I bought last year; because when you add them all together, I'd easily have the funds (even if I'd have to top up a bit) to purchase one of the various large beauties I came across lately! :(sad

I am not ruling out buying a large stone for re-cutting but that is not without risks. Imagine having something that valuable and it crashed or even just chipped under the cutting wheel? I think I'd have a heart attack. I don't think my insurance would cover that either.

Ah well, let's see how my existing pieces sell...I am not giving up!!

In the meantime, I am enjoying seeing all your gorgeous bling. Can't wait to see your next acquisition.

neuronerd16

Rough_Rock
Beautiful ring! Congrats!

meredeth11

Shiny_Rock
Oh, I had to say, it is so gorgeous!! After seeing so many one main stone rings, this one really shocks me and it is nice on your fingers.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results