shape
carat
color
clarity

My Very Own Dan S Spinel!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
Is on the way!! I am SO excited!! I have been wanting a paler bluish purple - not amethyst like spinel for quiet some time and this one jumped out at me, especially when I saw the scissor emerald cut... which I fell in love with the first time I saw a few years ago in a magazine ad at the salon while getting my hair done of all times and places. hehe

So here she is - real pics will come once she''s set and all puurrrtied up in her new home :)

sp1080.jpg

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
What a beauty! I am so jealous!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

:)

Brilliant_Rock
That is a really pretty stone - what are the dimensions?

ETA: I realized that I assumed you were making a ring with it but you didn't actually say - what are you going to do with it?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay! It''s gorgeous!!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s a gorgeous, gorgeous color. I can''t wait to see pictures of it.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok, just a warning, I think that stone is going to be quite a bit darker than the picture. I went to his site, and he called it medium blue, and the last medium blue spinel I got from him is the one FI didn't choose for my ering. Which turned out looking more like a lighter navy blue to me...

ETA: I'm sorry I don't want to dampen your spirits. I hope it's wonderful, I just wanted to warn you that I've been disappointed by the picture not matching the description and real life appearance of the colors of the stones...Love Dan, love the stones and his cutting, but sometimes the color doesn't live up to expectations.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A very nice scissor cut. Even if it ends up a shade darker, as Freke warned, I think it''ll be fine because the tone is a little on the light side.

RNgemlover

Shiny_Rock
Geez that''s pretty!

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
Thank you everyone!!

Freke - no worries. I have been reading these forums for quite some time, so I know Dan''s stones tend to be a bit lighter in picture then in person. And in speaking with him it is more of a tanzanite color than amethyst, which is what I was hoping, more blue than purple. I have a lovely amethyst that is being set right now - which sparks red, but is a deep purple, and I wanted something that would give a different appearance.

I am looking at setting it into a ring - I think. Perhaps a pendant - but I''m leaning toward a ring at the moment. I''ll know more once I see it and sit down with my jeweler.

Dimensions: 4.53 mm x 8.16 mm
1.30 cts

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok! Good! I hope you love it!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
I had been admiring that stone on Dan''s site for a while. It''s a gorgeous stone! I can''t wait to see your real life pics!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Yay! So glad a PSer got that - it''s beautiful. I seriously cannot wait to see more pics when you get it!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty, the color reminds me of Freke''s shoe!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty color and stone. I am a big fan of Dan''s gemstones. I can''t wait to see what you do with it.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty.. Can''t wait to see pictures!

clementine

Shiny_Rock
I actually had Dan send me that stone a couple of weeks ago and sent it back. Only because indoors, it looked just like an amethyst - the color got very purple and lost most of its blue. The photo is a pretty good representation of what it looks like in natural light though, so if you don''t mind the med purple indoors, you''ll love it.

Post photos when you get it!

Clem

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Yep, I''m definitely being converted into a blue lover. That''s a very pretty stone. Clementine''s (lovely name btw) comment about it turning purpleish indoors made it sound more appealing to me, so I can''t wait to see what you think and to see some more pictures of it. Indoors and out please!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful! For some reason I thought that that one had already sold. My asscher has a similar shift, it's lavender/pinkish indoors and strong blue in direct sun. Personally, I like the change. I love scissor cuts too. How exciting; I hope you love it in person!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Wow! What a gorgeous color! Can''t wait to see the finished product!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
I love it, too! It''s a lot like the one I got from Dan. I can''t wait to see how you set it!
3.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Cool color! I think it will be nice a bit darker too.

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
TL: It does look like the color of Freke''s shoe :)

Clem: My amethyst flashes reds, but is a deep purple I''m looking for a more tanzanite feel, blue with purple - not heavy on the red side. I''ll definitely keep you posted. Hopefully I can photograph them - I''m sooo terrible with photographing jewelry - not my dogs on the other hand, I can take good pictures of them all day long. But, they are "my kids" and of course I am biased. hehe

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
Do you find that scissor cuts are better on colored stones than on diamonds? I seem to prefer this cut on colored stones - but I prefer most fancy cuts on colored stones - I love, love, love round diamonds... I''m a rainbow girl, for sure!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 7:37:04 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Pretty, the color reminds me of Freke''s shoe!
Lol. Good to know!

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Pretty stone, can''t wait to see your pics!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results