shape
carat
color
clarity

My very own Butterfly Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
I like yours much better than Mariah''s! Her''s is actually too big for my taste. I love yours though!! And the necklace
28.gif

Carrie

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2006 9:11:53 PM
Author: Mara
Kayla where have you gotten most of your RC stuff? eBay or retail? Just curious, it''s a beautiful collection!! Is it going to the girls!?

Lets see, the butterfly and the heart from ebay, the star and wishbone from Bailey, Biddles and Bank and the others from this website- designervalues.com.

They sell the TT collection for about 18 to 20% off retail and they run these specials every month or so where you can get 10% off. They have a March special right now, take 10% everything, plus because I am a repeat customer, they do the free shipping for me and I don''t pay take tax b/c I am in NY and they are in CA. I think they are also having a Gucci sale right now, 40 to 50% off plus the 10%.

Example, the RC palm tree retails for $570. I called Toppers and they were going to sell it to me for $475, free shipping. Designervalues had it for $459, free shipping.
I figured they would eventually have a sale, so I waited and checked their website and lo and behold, they have that 10% off March sale, so I got it for $413, free shipping.
2.gif

Another thing is that the RC prices went up, but BBB never updated their stock prices, so for example the wishbone retails for $450, but they have it for $400. Every few months they send me a $100 off gift card. So, we got the wishbone for $300, when I should have really paid $350.
I didn''t buy that from designervalues because it would have cost us more when I figured it out, plus they didn''t have it in stock.
The wishbone my husband actually bought me for Valentines. I gave him the $100 gift card and told him to either get the circle of life or the wishbone, surprise me!
31.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2006 9:11:53 PM
Is it going to the girls!?

yes, my daughter usually wears the star. She loves that one and I tried to make her wear the heart one, but she said she didn''t like it and wanted the star one instead.

She has not worn it in a while because I don''t want her to wear jewelry in school, except for small round earrings, so her holes don''t close up.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Oh Butterfly! I love that "7" pendant.
31.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2006 10:17:15 PM
Author: sevens one
Oh Butterfly! I love that ''7'' pendant.
31.gif

Hmm, I wonder why?
31.gif

MissIndecisive

Shiny_Rock
30.gif
Butterfly! The ring is just adorable! How pretty!

I love your whole collection actually
31.gif

It''s so sparkly!

researcher

Ideal_Rock
That ring is just too cute, and I LOVE your RC collection! Seriously, I want all of them!!! You are one lucky lady!
36.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
now that''s what i call FUN! i''ll take one in orange spess, please......
26.gif

movie zombie

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
I am still loving this ring!!!!! Thanks everyone for the nice comments.

I wore it today to the mall and got tons of compliments!! I was so amazed!

2.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2006 7:12:06 PM
Author: butterfly 17

2.gif
does that seller have anymore?
11.gif
31.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2006 8:27:20 PM
Author: sevens one

Date: 3/8/2006 7:12:06 PM
Author: butterfly 17

2.gif
does that seller have anymore?
11.gif
31.gif

Unfortunately, this was just a regular person selling the ring, not a jewelery seller or power seller or anything.

She told me she bought it about two years ago and money was tight so she decided to sell it.
I am glad as I have wanted one for quite sometime and I was in the midst of getting a price quote from Quest, just deciding on what I actually wanted because I am really bad at designing stuff, when I happened upon it.

I actually need to call Quest back and let them know I have changed my mind.

I am actually happy that it looks the way it does as it is basically what I had in mind except maybe a tad bit smaller and not as bling-bling, but I guess it''s all good as I have been getting a lot of attention from it!
2.gif

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
OOOH LA! So pretty!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
kayla it looks really bling bling to me in those photos!!! ehehee....

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
That''s ADORABLE, wait til your daughter gets older you''ll have to take it off for awhile. Babies like bling bling. I''m so happy I bought the snake chain because my son pulls and pulls on my pendant.

I love that ring. I''ll have a new RHR to post in a few days myself!!!!!!!!!!!

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
ooooh very pretty!!! I love your RC collection too!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Kayla, your butterfly ring is gorgeous!
30.gif
It is big but I think it looks perfect on you. And I adore your TT pendants! I especially like the heart one--I am very partial to hearts. Can you pretty please take a picture of the heart pendant on you? TIA! I might just pick one up for myself, it''s too cute.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2006 1:11:16 AM
kayla it looks really bling bling to me in those photos!!! ehehee....

Actually, I meant the one I wanted to make would have been smaller and less bling bling, but I am satisfied with this one.

Yeah! three 2006 goals down and I think just one left!

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2006 1:26:55 AM
Author: marriahlyn
That''s ADORABLE, wait til your daughter gets older you''ll have to take it off for awhile. Babies like bling bling. I''m so happy I bought the snake chain because my son pulls and pulls on my pendant.

I love that ring. I''ll have a new RHR to post in a few days myself!!!!!!!!!!!

I know exactly what you mean, I guess because it is so new, I want to wear it all the time, but once the newness wears off and reality sets in, it will go back into the jewelry box along with my other unworn, but loved, stuff...
39.gif
8.gif

Can''t wait to see your new right hand ring. I almost bought your 5 stone band on BTD!

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2006 3:49:11 AM
Author: Leila
Kayla, your butterfly ring is gorgeous!
30.gif
It is big but I think it looks perfect on you. And I adore your TT pendants! I especially like the heart one--I am very partial to hearts. Can you pretty please take a picture of the heart pendant on you? TIA! I might just pick one up for myself, it's too cute.

I will try to post one later on. I got this new camera, the canon sd550 and I didn't realize that you have to remove the battery to charge it, a PITA and I am too lazy to go through that process!

The heart pendant is exactly like the one I saw on the Fortunoff's website, but I think theirs is a lot cheaper ($150). This one retails for $350 or something.
I actually picked it up on ebay for $165, otherwise, I probably wouldn't have bought it for that price. I have the matching earrings as well.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys!!! I truly love this piece! Thanks for the nice compliments!
Now, I did have a question, which way should I wear it? YOu know how some people wear pears with the point towards the fingers and others wear them with the point toward the wrist?

Should it be worn with the antennaes pointing to the fingers or to the wrist.
The inside inscription( 14k Sonia B. ) is upside down on the band, so that if you look at the butterfly the right way with the antennas on top, the inscription is upside down, so I am assuming it''s supposed to sit with the butterfly antennas towards the wrist?
2.gif

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
I bet that ring is an attention grabber! It''s very feminine and pretty.

I love your pendants - the key, wishbone, and palm tree especially. You really have quite the collection!

I would wear the ring however you prefer. Personally, I''d rather have the butterfly facing *me* the right way - I''m sure it''s just as pretty to everyone else anyway, and seems to be based on all the compliments you''ve been getting. ;-)

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I like it when the antennas are facing your fingertips, like it''s just resting peacefully. if it''s facing your wrists, it looks as if it''s staring at you, and that''s kinda creepy!

Honeyfly

Rough_Rock
It''s a beautiful ring!!! I love it, and I love Mariah
emwink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results