shape
carat
color
clarity

My very own Butterfly Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
I wanted to get a butterfly ring in diamonds and white gold , similar to the one I posted below that Mariah Carey wears often, but a lot smaller in size and a lot less money. I also liked the one that James Allen sells, but I didn''t like that the butterfly does not sit straight, it is at an angle and it was way over my budget.

So, I started requesting price quotes for a custom made one from Quest and two jewelry stores in the city.

I did not want to spend a lot of money though and it would have cost me over $1500 for the cheapest price quote I got.

So, I decided to see if I could hopefully find something on ebay that was cheaper (under $1000), but what I wanted.

Well, I found one! It is a little bit big, but I guess that is the effect the maker was going for, but I absolutely love it.

Details about the ring-
Part of the Sonia Bitton Gallerie de Bijouxe collection that is sold on Shopnbc.

.74 carats in diamonds, 14kt. white gold
The ring came with an appraisal saying that the diamonds are H/I SI clarity. I louped the diamonds and I found a few with tiny black carbons, but none are cloudy and milky looking.

I will post pictures of the ring, but the ones I have did not come out that great.
2.gif

MC butterfly ring.jpg

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Pictured with my newest Roberto Coin pendant, the palm tree one.
2.gif

IMG_0310 (2).JPG

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it!!! Looks great on you!!!
30.gif
36.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty for both.
30.gif
Is this from a certain "secret slush" fund? You bad girl you.
31.gif

shay

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
I totally want one now! It''s beautiful!!
30.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s very pretty, looks just like Mariah''s
36.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2006 6:57:19 PM
Author: mrssalvo
It''s very pretty, looks just like Mariah''s
36.gif
Actually, I think hers is too big and I find this one a bit big as well, but hers is also from Van Kleef & Arpel(?) and cost something like $25K.

2.gif

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
I love the palm tree pendant and the butterfly ring. Those little diamonds in the antennae on the butterfly are great!

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys and drum roll please....... the price tag?

600 bucks!
36.gif
2.gif

satelite

Rough_Rock
I love it. Wouldn''t say no to the matching earings either
36.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2006 6:56:20 PM
Author: Shay37
Very pretty for both.
30.gif
Is this from a certain ''secret slush'' fund? You bad girl you.
31.gif

shay

I have no idea what you are talking about.....
32.gif
27.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Oh Wow- I love it on your hand.
It looks great. Very sparkly
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Your new butterfly ring is just too cute (and quite a deal too) and I also love your Roberto Coin palm tree pendant!!!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Hey Butterfly- your expertise is needed here concerning royal crown settings (sorry to hijack)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
what a steal kayla, love it!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a bargain and it''s awesome!!! Much better than Mariah''s, which I think is a little too big unless you''re walkin'' the red carpet. Beautiful! Great find. Love it with the pendant.
36.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
I tried to take better pictures, but I think my hand is unsteady when I hold the camera, so it''s coming out slightly blurry.

Here is another one.

It is a big ring and I am not used to wearing such a big ring, but I wore it out yesterday and kept it on when I went to work and like four people at work grabbed my hand to see my ring and told me they loved it and that was just when I started work, because I take off my rings when I start working.
And two of them told me, "That ring is way too big for you, give it to me instead!".

I was like, no way, it''s mine!

I have never had that type of reaction with any of my jewelery, not even my solitaire, so it was kind of nice!
2.gif

IMG_0314 (2).JPG

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
It''s fantastic! What a great conversation piece.
36.gif

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like yours better than mariahs. Hers is missing the 2 antennas!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Oh Kayla it is GORGEOUS!! I just absolutely love it! And look at all those sparkles
30.gif
30.gif

You sure found yourself a great deal!!

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I just love butterflies too. I''ve always loved Mariah''s rings. She has one with two bypassing butterflies too in yellow and white diamonds.
Your ring is beautiful.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~That is one of the most beautiful rings I have ever seen!!! I love it!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
2.gif
Well, since I have my camera out, here is my Roberto Coin tiny treasures collection.
I want to get the salty pretzel next and maybe the middle sized circle of life after that.

IMG_0324 (2).JPG

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
And in case you are wondering what ever became of that other butterfly ring, here it is.

It is .32(?) carats and all the diamonds are pave set. It has two butterflies on it, but is really dainty compared to the Mariah one.

The butterflies were originally yellow gold and I had the seller rhodium plate them, but the job was not that great, so you can still see the yellow on the butterflies. She said she rhodium plated it 4 times.

IMG_0329 (2).JPG

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
You can really see the yellow here. I will probably have to have it rhodium plated again!

IMG_0327 (2).JPG

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
OMG,
I love the butterfly ring, but literally "gasped" out loud when I saw all those Roberto Coin necklaces..... I just love your jewelry collection.....awesome!!!
Libby

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kayla where have you gotten most of your RC stuff? eBay or retail? Just curious, it''s a beautiful collection!! Is it going to the girls!?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results