shape
carat
color
clarity

My VCA album --- and the Socrate BTF ring that sang to me!

mol42

Shiny_Rock
Hi PSers!
I've been intrigued with VCA for a couple years and first dipped my toe into the VCA world last year when I purchased the MOP sweet earrings during a trip to Paris. Since then I have had the opportunity to visit 4 stores and one of the most striking qualities of VCA (to me) is the polite friendly helpful but no pressure attitude of the SAs. My local "store" is in a Neiman Marcus and the SAs have been an absolute delight, letting me try on everything I'm remotely interested in, and never being pushy in any way.
Back in May, I took a pendant in to get the chain lengthened, and started scoping out my next acquisition (always good to have a goal in mind right?) Since I had sweet earrings and a vintage Alhambra pendant, I was particularly interested in rings. So during my "research phase", I took a lot of pictures to help me remember everything I tried on.
I finally made a decision and picked up my ring this week. I am thrilled with my ring and am enjoying wearing it wherever I go, even if it's just a walk around the neighborhood! Whereas others are distracted by their phone and games, I am distracted by my bling. VCA is MY Pokemon Go- lol!! :loopy:
A lovely PSer suggested I start a thread on my newest acquisition so here it is!! Since I have them, I thought I'd share some pictures of other lovely VCA pieces that I saw along the way. Hopefully it might help someone who is interested in this beautiful brand. :wavey:

_37865.jpg

_37866.jpg

_37868.jpg

_37867.jpg

mol42

Shiny_Rock
Re: My VCA album --- and the Socrate BTF ring that sang to m

Excuse the dry hands:

_37869.jpg

_37870.jpg

_37871.jpg

_37872.jpg

mol42

Shiny_Rock

A few other pretties that distracted me:

_37873.jpg

_37874.jpg

_37875.jpg

_37876.jpg

mol42

Shiny_Rock

Gosh- so sorry these pictures are so huge!!!

Anyways, I ended up getting the Socrates BTF ring! The craftsmanship is divine. Each flower has 5 petals, and the center diamond has 5 itty bitty prongs, each prong is right smack in between 2 petals-- just perfection! I had the chance to try on 2 other rings (different sizes) and since each is handmade, the flowers are all placed a bit differently on each ring. The underside allows light to flow through (is it called a jour?) which is amazingly exquisite. And the ring has a really good heft to it. All in all, I am in awe of it and love looking down on my hand and seeing its beauty.
Thanks for letting me share! :wavey:

_37877.jpg

_37878.jpg

_37879.jpg

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Thanks for all the pictures!
Your new ring is devine :love: wear it in good health :wavey:

Fulvia

Shiny_Rock

What a beautiful choice! She truly is divine. Enjoy!!!!!

And thanks for the eye-candy :dance: :dance: :dance:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium

SO fun!!!!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Really fun, thank you for sharing and indulging us. Your new piece is gorgeous!

Funny because I was watching an old Season 1 episode of Sex and the City and one of the characters bragged about her VCA bracelet for $12,000. This was almost 20 years ago and I had never heard of VCA. Seems like it's all the rage now as I see women sporting VCA pieces all over! Beautiful pieces! Enjoy wearing your new sparkly!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I would get nothing done staring at my hand all day. Mol, that is just a stunning ring. Congratulations!!! :love: :love: :love:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful ring! I can see how it would be easy to get distracted there! Thanks for sharing all the photos!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

My goodness, what great pictures!!! You chose a really beautiful ring!!! :love: I will say that I like some of those designs better with a single motif (like Cosmos and Alhambra), but the Socrate is perfect as a BTF ring as well as the Lotus ring that Phoenix has!

Thank you for sharing all these pictures! I love seeing everything VCA has!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mol, I'm so happy you started a new thread for your ring. OMG, I really really do love this ring...it's so whimsical, magical and like you said, VCA workmanship is just INCREDIBLE!! I love this design as well as my Lotus ring as well as the Frivole btf ring. :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

What's next on your VCA wish-list, if I may ask, hahaha. :naughty:

Thanks for the other eye-candy too. You do know this is so not helping with my VCA obsession?! lol :cheeky: :lickout: :loopy:

mol42

Shiny_Rock

RosieR said:
Thanks for all the pictures!
Your new ring is devine :love: wear it in good health :wavey:

Thank you RosieR! :wavey:

Fulvia said:
What a beautiful choice! She truly is divine. Enjoy!!!!!

And thanks for the eye-candy :dance: :dance: :dance:

Thanks so much Fulvia :wavey:

motownmama said:
SO fun!!!!

Thanks motownmama :wavey:

JDDN said:
Really fun, thank you for sharing and indulging us. Your new piece is gorgeous!

Funny because I was watching an old Season 1 episode of Sex and the City and one of the characters bragged about her VCA bracelet for $12,000. This was almost 20 years ago and I had never heard of VCA. Seems like it's all the rage now as I see women sporting VCA pieces all over! Beautiful pieces! Enjoy wearing your new sparkly!!

Hi JDDN- I love SatC :love: I've watched every episode at least 3x but don't remember that particular episode. I will have to go back and watch it! I know it introduced the Birkin to me (remember the Lucy Liu episode?)
Aapparently there is a lot of VCA worn on Gossip Girl. Have you seen it on that show?
Thanks for stopping by! :wavey:

LLJsmom said:
I would get nothing done staring at my hand all day. Mol, that is just a stunning ring. Congratulations!!! :love: :love: :love:

You are too funny LLJsmom-- thank you so much! :dance:

tyty333|1469488372|4059261 said:
Beautiful ring! I can see how it would be easy to get distracted there! Thanks for sharing all the photos!

Thanks you tyty333! Yes it's been a fun distraction :love:

mol42

Shiny_Rock

diamondseeker2006|1469494677|4059291 said:
My goodness, what great pictures!!! You chose a really beautiful ring!!! :love: I will say that I like some of those designs better with a single motif (like Cosmos and Alhambra), but the Socrate is perfect as a BTF ring as well as the Lotus ring that Phoenix has!

Thank you for sharing all these pictures! I love seeing everything VCA has!

Hi diamonseeker2006 :wavey: I totally agree! While the Cosmos and Alhambra BTF have been beautiful on others, I found it too overwhelming on my own hand. I thought I would really like the Cosmos onyx and wg ring but found it a bit too harsh on my hand. The SA suggested I try the Cosmos in MOP and pg and I was so pleasantly surprised that I nearly opted for it! The pink gold is so exquisite and easy to wear. However, in the end, I really wanted a BTF ring and it came down to the Frivole BTF and the Socrate.
There is a picture on another forum of the Socrate that stopped me breathless. It is of the single Socrate flower in wg worn with the Socrate BTF ring in yellow gold. Have you seen it? It is amaaaaaazing. :love:
My VCA store only had the Socrate (single and BTF) in white gold, so I tried it on in combo, but I still think the "2 tone" combo was the most unique :love:

Here is a pic on the combo

_37884.jpg

mol42

Shiny_Rock

Phoenix|1469506809|4059346 said:
Mol, I'm so happy you started a new thread for your ring. OMG, I really really do love this ring...it's so whimsical, magical and like you said, VCA workmanship is just INCREDIBLE!! I love this design as well as my Lotus ring as well as the Frivole btf ring. :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Thanks for the other eye-candy too. You do know this is so not helping with my VCA obsession?! lol :cheeky: :lickout: :loopy:

Hi Phoenix- thank you for your sweet sentiments! :love: Your Lotus ring is da bomb! Seriously amazing and spectacular. :appl: I know my ring in the sunshine is really bright and blazing so yours must be 1000000x more so; you must need some really great sunglasses . . . or 3. Lol!
The Frivole BTF is a gorgeous ring. I seriously considered the YG Frivole BTF but I don't have a lot of YG jewelry. I would LOVE the pave Frivole BTF but alas it was outside my budget. I really need to plant some money trees! Haha!

I think the next item on my VCA wish list is the Frvole pave small earrings. Every time I go to the store I pay homage to "my earrings." Lol- they are already mine in my mind. I'm in trouble :cry:

What's next on your VCA list? Inquiring minds want to know :naughty:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

mol42|1469511341|4059357 said:
Phoenix|1469506809|4059346 said:

Hi Phoenix- thank you for your sweet sentiments! :love: Your Lotus ring is da bomb! Seriously amazing and spectacular. :appl: I know my ring in the sunshine is really bright and blazing so yours must be 1000000x more so; you must need some really great sunglasses . . . or 3. Lol!
The Frivole BTF is a gorgeous ring. I seriously considered the YG Frivole BTF but I don't have a lot of YG jewelry. I would LOVE the pave Frivole BTF but alas it was outside my budget. I really need to plant some money trees! Haha!

I think the next item on my VCA wish list is the Frvole pave small earrings. Every time I go to the store I pay homage to "my earrings." Lol- they are already mine in my mind. I'm in trouble :cry:

What's next on your VCA list? Inquiring minds want to know :naughty:

Hehehe, my VCA Lotus ring sparkles like CRAZY!! I've honestly never seen anything like it, not even Holly is that sparkly!

I LOOOOOVEEEE the small pave Frivole earrings....but find that they don't sit flat on the earlobes, due to the design. I'd love to know, once you've bought them, whether they're comfy to wear.

I know what you mean! I love so many of their jewellery. I'd love small pave Frivole earrings too, if they're comfy; or maybe the Frivole btf ring....though the Frivole pave necklace is almost constantly on my mind, have you tried it on? :Up_to_something:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

mol42|1469508651|4059355 said:
Here is a pic on the combo

This combo is seriously GORGEOUS!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mol, OMG :love: :love: :love:
Your new ring is absolutely gorgeous and breathtaking. LOVE. :love:

mol42

Shiny_Rock

missy said:
Mol, OMG :love: :love: :love:
Your new ring is absolutely gorgeous and breathtaking. LOVE. :love:

Thank you so much Missy! It makes me smile every time I look down on my hand. :wavey:

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

mol42, thank you for sharing so many beautiful handshots of VCA rings! I never tire of looking at them! Your new ring is exquisite! :love: :love: :love:

Skhii

Shiny_Rock

mol42, the Socrate between the finger ring is so stunning on you! Please share more photos and perspective shots! :appl: :love: :appl: Thanks for modeling all the other VCA beauties, too! I never thought about combining Socrate rings... do you happen to have a link to the "two tone" combination photo? I tried searching for it, but had no luck. :(

mol42

Shiny_Rock

CareBear said:
mol42, thank you for sharing so many beautiful handshots of VCA rings! I never tire of looking at them! Your new ring is exquisite! :love: :love: :love:

Thank you CareBear! VCA has such beautiful craftsmanship; I never get tired of looking at them either (which is not good for the wallet!) :wavey:

mol42

Shiny_Rock

Skhii said:
mol42, the Socrate between the finger ring is so stunning on you! Please share more photos and perspective shots! :appl: :love: :appl: Thanks for modeling all the other VCA beauties, too! I never thought about combining Socrate rings... do you happen to have a link to the "two tone" combination photo? I tried searching for it, but had no luck. :(

Thank you Skhii! The combination is soooo stunning. I saved the picture I found online --(I don't know who it belongs to. . .)

_5035.jpeg

Skhii

Shiny_Rock

mol42|1469813651|4060615 said:
Skhii said:

Thank you Skhii! The combination is soooo stunning. I saved the picture I found online --(I don't know who it belongs to. . .)

Thanks so much for posting the photo! ^^

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock

Oh, your BTF is just absolutely stunning! Of all of those that were posted on this thread, I'd definitely go for yours, hands down!

Beautiful! <3

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results