shape
carat
color
clarity

My Van Cleef & Arpels "family"

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, Phoenix!!! That lapis pave bracelet is a true dream piece!!! Actually your whole collection is!!! I may have to get the blue agate to have some blue, and I have saved the picture of your color for when I attempt to get one! I don't blame you for not getting the long lapis pave necklace. You can get a few pieces for the price of that one. I always think about that in regard to VCA.

Very smart to lock in a pair of the wg Magic pave earrings before a price increase! That's awesome that they'll let you delay picking them up. I guess they should all be doing that since most of the stores are closed and it may be a long time before people travel!

Thank you, @diamondseeker2006 .=)2

I hope you get the agate bracelet so we can be blue twinsies.

Agreed! I think most people will delay non-essential travel until at least the end of the year. I know we are.

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Wow I'm just going thru this thread & your pieces are absolutely stunning!
I hope you are feeling better these days, did you ever figure out why you were feeling so sick?

Oh and silly question, but you mentioned upthread that vca sends you gifts a few times a year. I've never heard of a store doing that. Is that just for a very good customer, or for everyone?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow I'm just going thru this thread & your pieces are absolutely stunning!
I hope you are feeling better these days, did you ever figure out why you were feeling so sick?

Oh and silly question, but you mentioned upthread that vca sends you gifts a few times a year. I've never heard of a store doing that. Is that just for a very good customer, or for everyone?

Awww. You're so sweet. Thank you.

I am better, yes. I did and have done something about it.

Not silly at all:)). They send gifts to all or at least most of their customers, or so I understand. To those that frequent their boutiques more, they extend invitations to events too. I think this is one of the reasons why VCA has built up a loyal customer base.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Excellent choice on the WG magic pave earrings, @Phoenix ! Can't wait to see updated pics of your complete VCA collection!

Also, if you don't mind me asking, how does the down payment options work through VCA?

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Glad to hear you're better Phoenix!
That's super nice about the gifts.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Excellent choice on the WG magic pave earrings, @Phoenix ! Can't wait to see updated pics of your complete VCA collection!

Also, if you don't mind me asking, how does the down payment options work through VCA?

@m-2-b!:wavey:

I think so too, hehe. How are you enjoying yours?

They don't normally accept it. I think it's only bc of the global economy the way it is now. You could try asking your SA. Basically, I said I wanted these earrings but I've been a bit too indulgent so can they keep the earrings for me for collection later. I figured there was no harm in asking and worst case scenario was that they'd say no. And to my surprise, they said yes!!

Are you planning on acquiring another piece soon? I am excited to see what new pretties await...

Last edited:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the info, @Phoenix ! You must be one of their VIP clients! Is it a significant down payment required?

I just purchased my annual pressie so I doubt DH will go for another down payment for a different piece so soon! Maybe I can do something later on down the road!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the info, @Phoenix ! You must be one of their VIP clients! Is it a significant down payment required?

I just purchased my annual pressie so I doubt DH will go for another down payment for a different piece so soon! Maybe I can do something later on down the road!

Lol. I am not sure that I am.

What annual pressie? VCA? ;-)

I hope you get another one sooner "down the road" than later, hehe.

(Actually, @m-2-b, @diamondseeker2006 has my email. I can share more details with you if you'd like to email me through her? Thank you, DS.)

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will update soon in the VCA thread! It's been on my wishlist for quite some time now--my bling friends influenced me to purchase! :bigsmile:

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Phoenix your collection is amazing! I have been off PS for a while but decided to get on today to see if anyone has added to VCA. This thread is beautiful. Thank you for sharing...

You make me want gray mop in my life!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will update soon in the VCA thread! It's been on my wishlist for quite some time now--my bling friends influenced me to purchase! :bigsmile:

Ooohh!! I think I know what it is! :))

Can't wait to see!! Looking forward to your thread!

Last edited:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix your collection is amazing! I have been off PS for a while but decided to get on today to see if anyone has added to VCA. This thread is beautiful. Thank you for sharing...

You make me want gray mop in my life!

@hathalove !!:wavey:

Long time no "see"! I hope you're well.

You should get it. It's gorgeous! hahaha:evil2:

snotty_pie

Shiny_Rock
@Phoenix I am thinking about getting the Lotus "in between the fingers" ring that I see that you have! The sizing confuses me though. I am a Size 5 US (49) on my right hand ring finger. I keep reading that when it's folded up, a 49 fits like 5 but when it's unfolded the 49 fits like a size 6. How do you find the fit to be?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Phoenix I am thinking about getting the Lotus "in between the fingers" ring that I see that you have! The sizing confuses me though. I am a Size 5 US (49) on my right hand ring finger. I keep reading that when it's folded up, a 49 fits like 5 but when it's unfolded the 49 fits like a size 6. How do you find the fit to be?

Yay! This is my most favourite of all my bling pieces!

If I understand you correctly, it is actually the other way round. So my Lotus ring is a 47. My ring finger on my left hand is a 46, whereas my RH ring finger is a 47. I can wear the ring both ways (between the fingers as well as folded up) on my LH. But on my RH, I can only wear it folded up. HTH.

Last edited:

snotty_pie

Shiny_Rock
Yay! This is my most favourite of all my bling pieces!

If I understand you correctly, it is actually the other way round. So my Lotus ring is a 47. My ring finger on my left hand is a 46, whereas my RH ring finger is a 47. I can wear the ring both ways (between the fingers as well as folded up) on my LH. But on my RH, I can only wear it folded up. HTH.

This is super helpful, thank you! :)

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a pic of my VCA 50th Anniversary Edition lapis pave bracelet, together with my friend's (mine is the deeper richer blue on the left). They finally arrived, after a super long wait!!

VCA_LAPIS bracelets.jpg

(Oh, I've been offered yet another lapis pave bracelet. I haven't paid for it yet but most likely will take it. Background: I wanted the 50th Anniv 20-motif necklace and was offered it. But in the end turned it down bc it's too expensive. So, now I am very happy to be offered 2 bracelets - they are far more versatile. I can wear them as bracelets or together as a necklace).

Last edited:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Posted this in @m-2-b's thread (sorry about the threadjack). Thought it'd be better if I posted here.

So now, I have 4 sets, essentially. I intend to wear all the lapis together (with the agate), all the turquoise pieces together with magic pave earrings (still missing TQ earrings and a TQ 5-motif bracelet), all my grey/golden/white MOP+onyx together and all white diamond jewellery together. I would not, for example, mix MOP with TQ/ lapis, though I may combine TQ with lapis since both are blues.

I don't mix white metals with coloured metals (though RG+YG are close enough that I do mix them).

I think I am almost done collecting VCA!

Will post a large family pic together, complete with the 4 sets, when everything is in one place. Stay tuned and thank you for letting me share.

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Something tells me you aren’t quite as done collecting VCA as you think @Phoenix ::)

Y’know, I could see you with a Poetic Complications timepiece one day. Not your usual style, I know, but... Somehow I can see it... :))

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Something tells me you aren’t quite as done collecting VCA as you think @Phoenix ::)

Y’know, I could see you with a Poetic Complications timepiece one day. Not your usual style, I know, but... Somehow I can see it... :))

Hahaha, you're too cute, @yssie !:))

My bank account is not liking me too much these days!

Hmm...I do like those. But I am not much of a watch person. I am not even wearing the only watch I own. But I know I know, those are not just watches...they're beautiful pieces of art.

And you? Will you take the plunge on the Perlee Clover?

teslagirl1234

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Me thinks my "family" could do with a few more members, namely:

- tennis bracelet (the 44pts will be done at some point)
- a 36mm Rolex day-date watch in Everose gold
- another high-end watch in Pt or WG, blingy
- maybe a larger EC diamond ring
- maybe larger studs (upgrading my existing BGD 4.6ctw studs)

Anyone else like to suggest something or some things? I feel that I am very close to my long-awaited goal of a forever, staple bling wardrobe. I'd love something from the VCA High Jewellery collection, but think this is probably unrealistic, tbh.

I just wanted to say also I am super pleased that my bling pieces that I've sold over the years have gone to much more deserving homes, where they are given much more attention and love than I ever did. I am now a lot closer to my goal of having my forever pieces. I'd much rather have fewer larger pieces than lots of smaller-medium sized pieces...each to their own. This process has taken me several years, since 2010 IIRC, and I've lost mucho $$$$$...but it was inevitable...part of the (painful) learning process, I guess.

I just acquired diamond and onyx Alhambra from an online vendor ($2k discount or so), but really want the one with all diamond motifs like you have. Your collection is gorgeous! My tennis bracelet is .43-.45 stones so should be similar to yours. 343260D3-0B7E-42C4-8116-FAB165FB96BF.jpeg
8F2CE4AF-42F7-4270-9622-01F9CA33E84C.jpeg

Attachments

• C85AF298-C6EC-4197-AE3B-8A685C99CB2B.jpeg
    C85AF298-C6EC-4197-AE3B-8A685C99CB2B.jpeg
    118.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results