shape
carat
color
clarity

My Van Cleef & Arpels "family"

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Phoenix, I have no words. I am absolutely struck dumb by the beauty of your collection. :lol-2:

It is such a treat to have you share your pics so generously and unpretentiously.

You really are a gem too, thank you :appl:

Awwww!! Thank you soooo much, you're very sweet. x

I'm grateful to you and to the PS community for allowing me to share my bling passion.

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Phoenix , I can only imagine how frustrating it must be for you having to figure out what's going on with your health. All that trial and error as doctors try to figure out what's happening can take such an emotional toll on you. I do hope that the change of environment and detox would help get you back on track. Sending lots of dust your way that things turn out for the better.

And yes, there's some Frivoles coming my way in a few weeks, thanks to my other half :twisted2: I didn't realize how much my tastes have changed until I stepped foot into the store again and just fell utterly in love with the frivoles instead of the malachite alhambra when on me.

That grey MOP of yours is TDF! The color shifts and iridescence looks amazing. If only they would be willing to make an all grey MOP collection...that would be divine :lickout:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Phoenix , I can only imagine how frustrating it must be for you having to figure out what's going on with your health. All that trial and error as doctors try to figure out what's happening can take such an emotional toll on you. I do hope that the change of environment and detox would help get you back on track. Sending lots of dust your way that things turn out for the better.

And yes, there's some Frivoles coming my way in a few weeks, thanks to my other half :twisted2: I didn't realize how much my tastes have changed until I stepped foot into the store again and just fell utterly in love with the frivoles instead of the malachite alhambra when on me.

That grey MOP of yours is TDF! The color shifts and iridescence looks amazing. If only they would be willing to make an all grey MOP collection...that would be divine :lickout:

Thank you, @Alexiszoe. I really think I am reacting (adversely) to my environment. The detox and the move to another place - albeit temporarily - will definitely help, of that I am convinced. I'm also making plans for a permanent move. Thank you for your healing dust and for your kind words. x

Yay!! I love love love the Frivoles, which ones are you going for? Again, enquiring minds and all, haha...And YAAAAYY!! Congrats!!

I am absolutely mesmerized by and completely in love with the grey MOP. Not to enaable you;)2, but you know you can SO the grey MOP? But you're prob referring to grey MOP being part of their permanent offerings. I too wish they would do that.

Last edited:

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Phoenix, It's amazing how much our health is affected by the environment, and something as easy (or difficult) as a change in countries can make such a marked improvement to one's health (I fall sick all the time in hot and humid environments). I hope wherever you move to, these issues would be resolved and you would be in a much happier space.

I had no idea I could SO the Grey MOP. Is it similar to Hermes where you need to build a relationship with an SA and spend a fair bit before you can order it?

As for the Frivoles, it's the YG large pendant and small earrings. I was debating between the small pave or large YG pendant, but for me, the pave doesn't showcase the frivole design quite as well compared to the YG.

I also tried on the perlee clover bracelet for future reference :twisted2: I love it, but given that my past bracelets are now relegated to my jewelry box (I find it uncomfortable to wear something on the wrist), it's going to be an expensive investment for something I may not wear :eek2: The clasp also looks a little delicate, has that been your experience? Who knows how I would feel about wearing bracelets down the road though...VCA is a slippery slope!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Phoenix, It's amazing how much our health is affected by the environment, and something as easy (or difficult) as a change in countries can make such a marked improvement to one's health (I fall sick all the time in hot and humid environments). I hope wherever you move to, these issues would be resolved and you would be in a much happier space.

I had no idea I could SO the Grey MOP. Is it similar to Hermes where you need to build a relationship with an SA and spend a fair bit before you can order it?

As for the Frivoles, it's the YG large pendant and small earrings. I was debating between the small pave or large YG pendant, but for me, the pave doesn't showcase the frivole design quite as well compared to the YG.

I also tried on the perlee clover bracelet for future reference :twisted2: I love it, but given that my past bracelets are now relegated to my jewelry box (I find it uncomfortable to wear something on the wrist), it's going to be an expensive investment for something I may not wear :eek2: The clasp also looks a little delicate, has that been your experience? Who knows how I would feel about wearing bracelets down the road though...VCA is a slippery slope!

Thank you, Alexis. I am not surprised that you fell sick in hot and humid environments. I am seriously considering a move back to Europe where it's a lot drier. It's scary as I've been living in Asia for the past 2 decades. It'd be a HUGE culture shock! But I really hope that a change in environments and climates would really help. It hasn't helped that lately there's been a burning smell in SG and the air quality has deteriorated, UGH!!

Moving onto happier things...Yes, one can definitely SO grey MOP but mine was at a 37% premium. I know someone else paid a 40% premium for hers (not a grey MOP). I initially baulked at the premium but relented in the end - bc I love grey MOP so much!! If you'd like, I can SO a grey MOP piece(s) for you. Or you could get in touch with my SA, tell her that you know me and that you'd like to order it and I could facilitate it (you'd pay for the item yourself to/ collect directly from VCA)....Anyway, PM me on one of my LT threads if you'd like to place an SO.

Wow, congrats congrats!! Please post pics when you get them!! I love those myself and think the YG Frivoles are amongst the best selling items/ most popular. I've toyed with the idea of getting the same exact 2 items, if the pendant is what I am thinking about where you can also wear it as a brooch, this one:

https://www.vancleefarpels.com/eu/e...00-frivole-clip-pendant-very-large-model.html

The clasp on my Perlee Clover bracelet has never ever been an issue. If you're not a bracelet girl, you're not a bracelet girl, lol. There are plenty of other VCA goodies that are incredibly tempting. VCA is a slipper slope indeed - I've heard it too many times!!:lol:

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Phoenix , yes, I don't know what's going on with hot and humid environments. When I am in Singapore, my skin breaks out into angry hives, migraines, and I come down with severe flu symptoms such that I can't function. Same thing in Bangkok and HK, but it's a lot milder. I don't know what's in the air over there, but I do feel your decision to move is probably the right move. It must be scary to move back to Europe after calling Singapore home for two decades! At the same time - yay to 4 seasons! And the change of scene is going to be exciting too, there's so much more history and arts in Europe.

And thank you so much for your generous offer to help me get a grey MOP. I would love a 20 motif grey MOP, but it's probably something we can only do next year. In the meantime I shall live vicariously through you. I can't wait to see your magic alhambra grey MOP and all the lovely bling!

I think all this talk of VCA is affecting my brain, because last night I dreamt of a number of VCA pieces. Maybe my brain is telling me I should get the Perlee bracelet as my next VCA purchase :Up_to_something: If you don't mind, I will post some pics of the Frivoles in this thread when I receive it. VCA is infesting my mind...and you are an excellent enabler!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Phoenix , yes, I don't know what's going on with hot and humid environments. When I am in Singapore, my skin breaks out into angry hives, migraines, and I come down with severe flu symptoms such that I can't function. Same thing in Bangkok and HK, but it's a lot milder. I don't know what's in the air over there, but I do feel your decision to move is probably the right move. It must be scary to move back to Europe after calling Singapore home for two decades! At the same time - yay to 4 seasons! And the change of scene is going to be exciting too, there's so much more history and arts in Europe.

And thank you so much for your generous offer to help me get a grey MOP. I would love a 20 motif grey MOP, but it's probably something we can only do next year. In the meantime I shall live vicariously through you. I can't wait to see your magic alhambra grey MOP and all the lovely bling!

I think all this talk of VCA is affecting my brain, because last night I dreamt of a number of VCA pieces. Maybe my brain is telling me I should get the Perlee bracelet as my next VCA purchase :Up_to_something: If you don't mind, I will post some pics of the Frivoles in this thread when I receive it. VCA is infesting my mind...and you are an excellent enabler!

I think it's the humidity - it attracts all kinds of bugs!:eek-2:

Okie. Let me know when you're ready to order and I shall refer you to my SA.

Hahaha, too funny. I have never dreamed of VCA, though I have dreamed about bling in general. I hope you will get the Perlee Clover bracelet at some point bc it is hands-down my most favourite VCA piece. And please do post pics of the Frivoles!! I'd LOVE to see them!! When do you receive them?

...and happy to enable!:lol::sun:

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Phoenix , we are going to get it together when he comes back from his business trip in a few weeks time. It's been an agonizing wait so far, so I don't know what sort of trouble I will get into while waiting...I spied a beautiful diamond bracelet on a lady when I was at the gym 2 days ago, and after further sleuthing it turned out to be the love pave small bracelet from Cartier. All I ever knew about Cartier has been their regular love series, so this was a really nice surprise. =)2 Now I am wondering if I should drop by the boutique because it just seems like a good/terrible idea...depending on how you look at it!

Mish_b

Rough_Rock
I thought I'd post updated pics of my VCA "family", after my recent acquisition of the Vintage Alhambra pave bracelet in WG and of the Magic Alhambra pave earrings in YG today.

VCA family_Jan 2019.jpg VCA family in RG & YG_Jan 2019.jpg VCA family in WG_Jan 2019.jpg VCA Vintage Alhambra bracelet in pave WG.jpg LTN_24th Jan 2019.jpg
Omg!!!! I absolutely love your collection!!!!!!!!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Phoenix , we are going to get it together when he comes back from his business trip in a few weeks time. It's been an agonizing wait so far, so I don't know what sort of trouble I will get into while waiting...I spied a beautiful diamond bracelet on a lady when I was at the gym 2 days ago, and after further sleuthing it turned out to be the love pave small bracelet from Cartier. All I ever knew about Cartier has been their regular love series, so this was a really nice surprise. =)2 Now I am wondering if I should drop by the boutique because it just seems like a good/terrible idea...depending on how you look at it!

Awww, that's so sweet! I can't wait for the reveal!!:love:

That's so funny about the thin Love bracelet!! You're in so much trouble!:lol: I definitely think you should drop by the boutique!:evil2::lol-2:

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh @Phoenix , you are such a terrible enabler! And effective too, because I just might drop by Cartier's this week...:twisted2:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww, that's so sweet! I can't wait for the reveal!!:love:

That's so funny about the thin Love bracelet!! You're in so much trouble!:lol: I definitely think you should drop by the boutique!:evil2::lol-2:

I too think the thin pave love is beautiful but I can’t get over the price. Little crazy. But gorgeous. I tried it on.
2B7276D5-26FE-4F9B-AD76-145430F78270.jpeg

I would probably choose the perlee bangle with single row of diamonds over that for that price.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry @Phoenix to derail your thread. Will take this to VCA thread in hangout.

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom , the thin pave bracelet looks lovely on you with the alhambra bracelet. I agree it's pretty crazy $, I started off looking at the Perlee for future reference...and now look where it's gotten me with @Phoenix and now you enabling me! Actually I didn't have a choice re: the Perlee, the SA just brought it out along with the malachite couleurs bracelet and snapped it on my wrist...:twisted2:

@Phoenix , sorry to threadjack, am more than happy to take it to the VCA thread :) I really hope I don't start falling for more jewelry, because my man is probably going to give me the o_O look at this rate!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Alexiszoe, @LLJsmom, please feel free to continue on this thread.:sun::))

I actually love both of these pave bracelets. I think they're blingy but not too OTT, very gorgeous and classy. Alexis, I can't wait to see what you decide. I'd say your SA is a very good sales person.:clap: Once you have these beauties on you, it's hard to say no! lol

pinkgem2522

Shiny_Rock
I too think the thin pave love is beautiful but I can’t get over the price. Little crazy. But gorgeous. I tried it on.
2B7276D5-26FE-4F9B-AD76-145430F78270.jpeg

I would probably choose the perlee bangle with single row of diamonds over that for that price.
Love it!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since the last time I posted, I've acquired:

- the Magic Grey MOP pendant
- Perlee turquoise pendant and have placed a 100% deposit for matching Perlee TQ earrings
- Rose de Noel in turquoise
- lapis pave bracelet
- An SO has found me a lapis RdN..should be paying for that very soon
- there should also be a 20 motif lapis pave necklace...I am still thinking about this...

Will post an updated family pic when everything arrives/ when I pick them up (should be in the summer 2020).

Last edited:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pic-wise, here are some snippets. As mentioned, I will try and post a family pic when everything is here.

Lien_Perlee pendant.jpg Lien_RdN clip pendant.jpg Lien_grey MOP Magic pendant.jpg Lien_lapis RdN clip pendant.jpg Lien_lapis pave bracelet.jpg

Oops, sorry. Pics are enormous, haha.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WHOA @Phoenix!!! You got lapis RdN earrings AND the lapis bracelet??? Or maybe you got a single RdN...I see the chain now. I want one of those bracelets!!! lol!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WHOA @Phoenix!!! You got lapis RdN earrings AND the lapis bracelet??? Or maybe you got a single RdN...I see the chain now. I want one of those bracelets!!! lol!

Lol. I wasn't clear, my bad.

I got a lapis RdN clip/ pendant (the smaller one) and a lapis pave bracelet.

There's also a 20-motif lapis pave necklace. I'm trying to decide if I really want it....way too much money!! SIGH...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol. I wasn't clear, my bad.

I got a lapis RdN clip/ pendant (the smaller one) and a lapis pave bracelet.

There's also a 20-motif lapis pave necklace. I'm trying to decide if I really want it....way too much money!! SIGH...

Wow, they had the lapis VA at your local VCA? I really thought those were all gone. I know the lapis pieces are high. Even the bracelet is high. However, that is one piece that if you buy it and take good care of it, you'll likely be able to resell it later for more than you paid since they are rare and some people who want it won't be able to get it new from VCA. I wouldn't consider buying it except for that one factor. But yeah, it's a lot of money for a necklace that isn't all diamonds!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, they had the lapis VA at your local VCA? I really thought those were all gone. I know the lapis pieces are high. Even the bracelet is high. However, that is one piece that if you buy it and take good care of it, you'll likely be able to resell it later for more than you paid since they are rare and some people who want it won't be able to get it new from VCA. I wouldn't consider buying it except for that one factor. But yeah, it's a lot of money for a necklace that isn't all diamonds!
[/QUOTE

You're right that this may be an "investment" piece (as much as any bling can be considered an investment). It's just so hard to fathom how one could pay so much for what's essentially pieces of rock and melee diamonds. (Yes yes, i know I'm being flippant, lol).

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You're right that this may be an "investment" piece (as much as any bling can be considered an investment). It's just so hard to fathom how one could pay so much for what's essentially pieces of rock and melee diamonds. (Yes yes, i know I'm being flippant, lol).

I totally agree. It causes me some slight pain when I buy even the less expensive pieces as I think they are worth maybe 25% of the price if they were bought without the brand name!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I totally agree. It causes me some slight pain when I buy even the less expensive pieces as I think they are worth maybe 25% of the price if they were bought without the brand name!

We pay for their supposed high craftsmanship and of course the brand name. I try not to think about the pricing after I've bought the items. I just enjoy them, haha. It's at the point of purchasing or prior that I have some hesitation. If we keep thinking about the high pricing, we'd NEVER enjoy our beautiful VCA pieces.

ETA: One consideration is that VCA tends to sell at very good prices on the secondhand market and of course pieces like turquoise and lapis command a premium over and above original boutique prices. Incidentally, I've received intel (not sure if 100% accurate) that VCA has stopped making the TQ RdN clip/pendant and I bought possibly the last piece available.

Last edited:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
You kept writing about VCA lapis around here for a couple of years, each time you bought anything else & more. I cannot imagine you can let the necklace go. Illiquid & a pleasure to hold.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You kept writing about VCA lapis around here for a couple of years, each time you bought anything else & more. I cannot imagine you can let the necklace go. Illiquid & a pleasure to hold.

Haha, yes, I did.

I am really trying to make this necklace happen!! Fingers crossed for me.:)

(VERY illiquid! yes!).

ETA: I have made a deposit for the lapis Rose de Noel clip/pendant already and have paid for the 5-motif lapis pave bracelet in full. So, even if I don't get the 20-motif lapis pave necklace, I've already got 2 extremely gorgeous and extremely desirable (even if that's just my opinion, haha) lapis pieces.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@diamondseeker2006 : so my lapis pave bracelet is being sent out now, now that Paris is re-opening. My friend was gonna collect it (mine & hers) from Place Vendome but nobody is going anywhere...at least for the rest of this year.

I've also got my agate bracelet and will be collecting the lapis RdN clip/pendant too (as soon as Hong Kong and Singapore start to re-open). Have decided against the 20-motif lapis pave necklace - just can't justify the cost.

Need to post an updated "family" portrait!:))

And I've also put down a deposit for the magic pave earrings in WG (same as @m-2-b 's). Have wanted those for ages!! But will only pick them up next year.

Last edited:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, Phoenix!!! That lapis pave bracelet is a true dream piece!!! Actually your whole collection is!!! I may have to get the blue agate to have some blue, and I have saved the picture of your color for when I attempt to get one! I don't blame you for not getting the long lapis pave necklace. You can get a few pieces for the price of that one. I always think about that in regard to VCA.

Very smart to lock in a pair of the wg Magic pave earrings before a price increase! That's awesome that they'll let you delay picking them up. I guess they should all be doing that since most of the stores are closed and it may be a long time before people travel!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results