shape
carat
color
clarity

My Van Cleef & Arpels "family"

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @diamondseeker2006. Is it me or have you not been around as much? Either way, I've missed you!

Aww, thanks, Phoenix! Yes, it started with the holidays and being busy, and then our daughter got engaged New Year's weekend! So I have been in full wedding planning mode since then! They are getting married in late August, so most of this year I'll be a little preoccupied with other things than my hobby! But I'll be checking in to see new postings like this one!:wavey:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Phoenix, but you outrank me by a long way and always will.

I have beautiful diamonds, well set, and quite a lot of them. I have great custom made, well curated, casual pieces. But whenever I hear that voice seducing me towards the white gold Alhambra 5 motif bracelet and matching necklace - and believe me, I DO hear it! - I say to myself - quite loudly - "Mrs B, it's just the drugs talking!"

I'll never hit the real highs of jewelry - the big designer names. It's just not me, I think. But - by golly! - I admire them highly on gorgeous arms and wrists like yours and @LLJsmom!

Please keep entertaining us, ladies! For those of us who will never go where you go so boldly, it's an eyeful of delight!

And Phoenix - for the love of God - will you PLEASE stop scribbling over that beautiful face!

@mrs-b, you are too cute!!:D and you make me laugh!!:lol:

You and I just have different tastes. We're talking apples and oranges. I love your pieces too!:love::love::love:. I've also noticed that I don't have the patience nor the imagination (I have like zero creativity, lol) to go custom. It is way easier for me to pick someone else's designs and ready-to-wear pieces. I have lots of admiration and respect for people like yourself (and @yssie comes to mind too), and enjoy such beautiful, creative/ well curated (as you quite aptly put it) pieces.

Re the face, I am trying to maintain some level of privacy on a public forum, hence the scribbling on the face. My partner LOL'ed when I showed him your post and said he agreed with you!:lol:.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agree completely. @LLJsmom and @Phoenix you were born to wear high end designer beautiful jewelry and @mrs-b your collection is also TDF beautiful.:love:
And lol yassss:lol: I agree about no more covering @Phoenix 's beautiful face with those scribbles.:kiss:

Agreed!

And :lol: . Thank you!:D

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, your collection is amazing! I'm tempted to visit a VCA store but I know it's not for my lifestyle (I don't take off jewelry once it's on lol). And omg, how gorgeous are you??!! ! Perfect skin, hair, eyes, eyebrows?!! I had to concentrate to see your jewelry. Is that your husband? You guys look lovely. Enjoy your stunning jewelry and please post more pics!

Wow wow!! So kind!!:)):)):)) Thank you sooo much!! x

I'd urge you to visit a VCA store some day. Some pieces are very hardy, like the solid gold pieces or onyx. They can be kept on 24/7.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b, you are too cute!!:D and you make me laugh!!:lol:

You and I just have different tastes. We're talking apples and oranges. I love your pieces too!:love::love::love:. I've also noticed that I don't have the patience nor the imagination (I have like zero creativity, lol) to go custom. It is way easier for me to pick someone else's designs and ready-to-wear pieces. I have lots of admiration and respect for people like yourself (and @yssie comes to mind too), and enjoy such beautiful, creative/ well curated (as you quite aptly put it) pieces.

Re the face, I am trying to maintain some level of privacy on a public forum, hence the scribbling on the face. My partner LOL'ed when I showed him your post and said he agreed with you!:lol:.

Clearly, your partner is a very wise man. :))

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, thanks, Phoenix! Yes, it started with the holidays and being busy, and then our daughter got engaged New Year's weekend! So I have been in full wedding planning mode since then! They are getting married in late August, so most of this year I'll be a little preoccupied with other things than my hobby! But I'll be checking in to see new postings like this one!:wavey:

Congrats to your daughter:appl:. Hope she'll have an amazing wedding. In fact, knowing that you are planning the wedding with her, I'm sure it will be a resounding success and an absolutely amazing wedding, since you've always struck me as being very organised, thorough and a great and methodical thinker. She's very lucky to have you.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My almost complete "family" - missing are Holly (in bank vault), VCA onyx earrings (gone in for servicing), diamond line necklace (being extended), diamond & ruby bracelet, a few other coloured stone pieces, eternity rings and a couple of pearl necklaces....oh and my PP watch.

PHX_Collection_27th Jan 2019.jpg PHX_Collection_27th Jan 2019_a.jpg PHX_Collection_27th Jan 2019_b.jpg PHX_Collection_27th Jan 2019_c.jpg PHX_Collection_27th Jan 2019_d.jpg

Last edited:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Me thinks my "family" could do with a few more members, namely:

- tennis bracelet (the 44pts will be done at some point)
- a 36mm Rolex day-date watch in Everose gold
- another high-end watch in Pt or WG, blingy
- maybe a larger EC diamond ring
- maybe larger studs (upgrading my existing BGD 4.6ctw studs)

Anyone else like to suggest something or some things? I feel that I am very close to my long-awaited goal of a forever, staple bling wardrobe. I'd love something from the VCA High Jewellery collection, but think this is probably unrealistic, tbh.

I just wanted to say also I am super pleased that my bling pieces that I've sold over the years have gone to much more deserving homes, where they are given much more attention and love than I ever did. I am now a lot closer to my goal of having my forever pieces. I'd much rather have fewer larger pieces than lots of smaller-medium sized pieces...each to their own. This process has taken me several years, since 2010 IIRC, and I've lost mucho $$$$$...but it was inevitable...part of the (painful) learning process, I guess.

Last edited:

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your jewellery is so beautiful, like you. My favourite piece of yours is the double flower ring. I find that just exquisite.
:love:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your jewellery is so beautiful, like you. My favourite piece of yours is the double flower ring. I find that just exquisite.
:love:

Awww, you are too kind, @Bron357. The Lotus ring? That's one of my faves too.:)):))

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you!:))

One more:

LTN_25th Jan 2019_afternooon.jpg
wowzer.gif
I don't see any jewelry in this pic ..
player.gif

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can see through the squiggles lol. You're beautiful and your collection is amazing!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can see through the squiggles lol. You're beautiful and your collection is amazing!

Lol. I think I will ask Admin to delete that pic. I shall post another one in its place.

Thank you so much for your lovely and kind words.:)):))

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lien_25th Jan 2019_covered.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm laughing here! This lovely collection of gifts is from...who to who? Is Van Cleef and Arpels sending their most loyal customers New Year gifts? Because if they are, i think that's a HOOT! ( - and well done you, if you're on that list!!)

I love your collection, @Phoenix. And I'd love to see a photo of your upgraded VCA collection, along with your colored stone pieces and Holly as well. I have long loved your pear ring (can you pls remind me of its stats? I'm keeping a pear in the back of my mind as a maybe) and your colored pieces are sublime. So I'd like an updated 'whole family' photo shoot.

When you ask - what else should you have (and I did actually think about this before posting) the only thing that leaps to mind is - do you have any pearls or any casual pieces? How do you coordinate on non-bling days? Sometimes I want to be more relaxed than big bling allows, and gold hoops and pearl studs are, to my mind, absolute must-have staples. And have you ever thought of a diamond bangle, as opposed to a bracelet? Your 44 pt diamonds in a bangle would have been some serious kapow!

Anyway, just a few ideas. I think an all-versatile collection needs more than just formal pieces, and 'understated' has a place in every collection. It's more than likely you already have those sorts of pieces. But I cant remember you posting them, so maybe not?

But all that aside....

Updated family shot please? I'd LOVE to see it! I'm going to do a whole-family photo shoot at the end of this year when I'm closer to done. But those things are a lotta work, so I'm putting it off. :knockout:

ETA Clearly I have no shame in asking *you* to do one tho! Sorry to be a pest....

AV_

Ideal_Rock
What comes to mind: studs, solitaire & tennis bracelet are a different plate - all work & no play.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What comes to mind: studs, solitaire & tennis bracelet are a different plate - all work & no play.

Hahaha, studs and solitaire are my daily staple. It's the various bracelets that are play:dance:.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
This makes perfect sense.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, @mrs-b, I was trying to quote you but failed miserably. So, your text is in black below and mine in blue.

I'm laughing here! This lovely collection of gifts is from...who to who? Is Van Cleef and Arpels sending their most loyal customers New Year gifts? Because if they are, i think that's a HOOT! ( - and well done you, if you're on that list!!)

The gifts are from VCA to me, to celebrate CNY. They send me something for every occasion, my b'day, Christmas, CNY. Some clients have got something for the Full Moon Festival, though I've never received anything at that time.

I love your collection, @Phoenix. And I'd love to see a photo of your upgraded VCA collection, along with your colored stone pieces and Holly as well. I have long loved your pear ring (can you pls remind me of its stats? I'm keeping a pear in the back of my mind as a maybe) and your colored pieces are sublime. So I'd like an updated 'whole family' photo shoot.

My upgraded VCA collection is posted at the beginning of this thread. So, now I have: the Lotus BTF ring, Lotus earrings, Vintage Alhambra pave bracelet in WG (the Sweet pave bracelet has now been sold to a lovely PS'er), Onyx LE earrings, gold MOP 2018 holiday pendant, Perlee Clover bracelet in RG and Magic Alhambra pave earrings in YG.

I am going to collect Holly from the bank after CNY and put back the pear ring into the vault. Thank you for your lovely words about my pear. It's a 3.50ct H Si2 (very eyeclean) and it's shallower at just under 60% depth so looks a lot more like a 4ct. I guess the halo helps to make it look larger too. The measurements are 12.91x8.82x5.27.

My coloured stone pieces have been pared down significantly, as have my pearls. I have given away and sold most since I started consolidating my collection in 2010. Let me see: along with many many smaller diamond pieces, I've sold/given away my beloved near-3ct tsavorite (still have seller's remorse, but the PSer who bought it is an absolute sweetheart and I am super happy that she's now the new owner), I've lost a bunch of smaller loose emeralds and sapphires (I think one of my previous housekeepers/ helpers stole them - this was before I got a safe at home), I also lost a 3-stone ring made up of a beautiful beautiful green tourmaline centre stone and side pink spinels. I am still hoping the ring will turn up some day and if so I shall def post pics of it. I am still dreaming of getting another tsavorite to set into a ring (either on its own or with pink spinel sides). Alas, tsavorite prices have shot through the roof bc of the political uncertainty in Tanzania apparently. I also lost a pair of "fanta orange" mandarin garnet earrings and have sold some rubellite stuff recently. I tell you, I lost so much before I got my safe. I suspect a lot of the "lost" stuff was actually stolen.

Pearl-wise, I've sold a lot in my most recent "various items for sale" project and have given away some too. Also, lost a pair of larger white/ silver SS pearls, like 14-15mm. I am going to replace these soon.

Haha, I'm seriously rambling here. I shall post what I still have, which are some pearl necklaces, a beautiful tanzanite ring (which looks more like a sapphire, and which I'd been trying to find matching earrings to), a ruby eternity, various white and yellow diamond eternity bands, a ruby+diamond bracelet and a pink tourmaline pendant.

Shall try and do an total family pic, but it's hard since some stuff resides at the bank while the rest is at home with me. Let me have a think about how to do it...

When you ask - what else should you have (and I did actually think about this before posting) the only thing that leaps to mind is - do you have any pearls or any casual pieces? How do you coordinate on non-bling days? Sometimes I want to be more relaxed than big bling allows, and gold hoops and pearl studs are, to my mind, absolute must-have staples. And have you ever thought of a diamond bangle, as opposed to a bracelet? Your 44 pt diamonds in a bangle would have been some serious kapow!

Pearls are beautiful and casual. Alas, I also only like them big and showy (still "understated" for me though, haha). So that's why I've sold or given away most of my previous pieces which were smaller pearls. I shall post what I still have soon.

RE the 44pts, the bracelet that used to hold them has now been sold to another lovely PS'er. I shall reset them into a tennis bracelet...eventually.

Anyway, just a few ideas. I think an all-versatile collection needs more than just formal pieces, and 'understated' has a place in every collection. It's more than likely you already have those sorts of pieces. But I cant remember you posting them, so maybe not?

But all that aside....

Updated family shot please? I'd LOVE to see it! I'm going to do a whole-family photo shoot at the end of this year when I'm closer to done. But those things are a lotta work, so I'm putting it off. :knockout:

I shall try and do a complete updated family shot soon. I look VERY much forward to seeing yours. Like I said before, I puffy heart your collection too.:love::love::love:

ETA Clearly I have no shame in asking *you* to do one tho! Sorry to be a pest...

Oh not, not at all!! On the contrary, I feel flattered that you ask and I shall shamelessly post and flaunt my collection, hahaha:lol:. And I thank you for indulging me. x

Last edited:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh! Sorry! That makes it sound like I didn't read the whole thread! And - believe me! - I did! I saw, loved and commented on your whole VCA collection - but what I'd like to see is it...as well as everything else, all together. What an eyeful!!!

Lady, NOBODY loses that much jewelry! I mean - come on! You've been pilfered! And I'm so sorry to hear it. I've always hated thievery - absolutely abhor it. It's the same idea behind rape, in my book; 'I can, so I did. I wanted it, so I took it'. Hate it. I hope you have reliable people in your house now; a safe is one thing, but it's better to have trustworthy people in your home.

My pearls are 14mm, but I still consider them casual. It's the difference between sparkle and luster - between a whooooole lot to look at, and something not as dazzling to the eye. And, look, it's entirely possible (likely!) that you go many more upmarket places than I do. Having lived in Boston for only 4 years, not having kids (and all the functions that generates), and working from home, there's not a lot I do that requires big bling - but I could imagine it being appropriate for different lifestyles to mine.

Re whole family shots - please don't feel pressure about this. I DO know what a pain in the neck they are to do - especially when all your things aren't in the one place. But if ever you just happen to have everything together, I would love to see it. Have you ever thought of doing your own calendar? You could send them out instead of Christmas cards*! :mrgreen:

* Not really kidding.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh! Sorry! That makes it sound like I didn't read the whole thread! And - believe me! - I did! I saw, loved and commented on your whole VCA collection - but what I'd like to see is it...as well as everything else, all together. What an eyeful!!!

Lady, NOBODY loses that much jewelry! I mean - come on! You've been pilfered! And I'm so sorry to hear it. I've always hated thievery - absolutely abhor it. It's the same idea behind rape, in my book; 'I can, so I did. I wanted it, so I took it'. Hate it. I hope you have reliable people in your house now; a safe is one thing, but it's better to have trustworthy people in your home.

My pearls are 14mm, but I still consider them casual. It's the difference between sparkle and luster - between a whooooole lot to look at, and something not as dazzling to the eye. And, look, it's entirely possible (likely!) that you go many more upmarket places than I do. Having lived in Boston for only 4 years, not having kids (and all the functions that generates), and working from home, there's not a lot I do that requires big bling - but I could imagine it being appropriate for different lifestyles to mine.

Re whole family shots - please don't feel pressure about this. I DO know what a pain in the neck they are to do - especially when all your things aren't in the one place. But if ever you just happen to have everything together, I would love to see it. Have you ever thought of doing your own calendar? You could send them out instead of Christmas cards*! :mrgreen:

* Not really kidding.

Hahaha, I am sure you did. Sorry if I made it seem like you hadn't.

I am sure a lot of the lost items were stolen from me. I am like 99.99% certain this certain person took them. She was just a horrible person all around and I eventually fired her for a different reason. Good riddance!! I didn't have CCTV cameras in my house before; but now I do, complete with contact and motion sensors as well as a live link to the police. So now, anyone trying anything funny would certainly be caught and reported to the police. Plus, I now have a home safe bolted to the floor, and my current helper is not the sort of person that steals.

Since I fell ill, I don't go out anywhere as much as I used to. I used to go out a lot, like a lot a lot... to dinners, lunches, functions, parties etc..and now I am at home most of the time. I am the only one that gets to ogle my bling most of the time now, but am hoping that I will recover fully and that my bling will be worn out and shown again, as opposed to being hidden away at home with their near-hermit owner.:(sad

It will be MY absolute pleasure to be able to show complete up-to-date family bling shots. Stay tuned...:dance:

I LOL'ed at your suggestion for a Christmas calendar!!:lol-2::lol:

Last edited:
Reactions: AV_

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b, I forgot to answer some of your Qs. I do have 2 bangles now, the Cartier pave Love and the VCA Perlee Clover. I think I am ok with bangles for now. At some point, I'd love to get another pave Love but in RG - dunno when that will be though. My next bracelet(s) will prob be the 44pt each tennis bracelet and/ or another VCA bracelet but with stones rather than diamonds.

As for going casual: this for me just means less bling items. So if I am going to the gym, it's just my studs and one of my 2 larger diamond rings (not eternity bands). I put the ring into the zipped pocket of my leggings while I am lifting weights. When I get round to replacing the white/ silver SS pearls, I will make jackets to add to my diamond studs, as these are what I had before. I never wear pearl earrings just on their own. Pearl strands or necklaces are also worn only in combination with diamonds, never on their own. So I guess I am just not a non-blingy person, haha.:lol-2:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b Thank you for your lovely compliment. Not to derail @Phoenix 's thread, but I think you would love and wear VCA fabulously. I am not at all a fancy person, meaning jeans, sweatpants, and uncombed hair most of the time. I just fell in love with VCA and had to have that beauty in my life. It took a bit to convince myself that I could wear it daily, but once I started, I discovered how easy it is. My VCA is usually covered under long sleeves, so only I know I have a lovely surprise hidden away on me. I bet you would enjoy it too, and I hope you take a chance. Some NM's carry VCA so you can try it and return it if it turns out not to be you. I hope I can see a piece on your arm some day. :P2

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b Thank you for your lovely compliment. Not to derail @Phoenix 's thread, but I think you would love and wear VCA fabulously. I am not at all a fancy person, meaning jeans, sweatpants, and uncombed hair most of the time. I just fell in love with VCA and had to have that beauty in my life. It took a bit to convince myself that I could wear it daily, but once I started, I discovered how easy it is. My VCA is usually covered under long sleeves, so only I know I have a lovely surprise hidden away on me. I bet you would enjoy it too, and I hope you take a chance. Some NM's carry VCA so you can try it and return it if it turns out not to be you. I hope I can see a piece on your arm some day. :P2

+1

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
At the risk of boring you guys, lol....

(Missing in the pic are my LE Onyx earrings which have gone in for repair/ servicing.)

VCA bling_Jan 2019.jpg
Beautiful aerial view...

SomethingNew

Shiny_Rock
Premium
At the risk of boring you guys, lol....

(Missing in the pic are my LE Onyx earrings which have gone in for repair/ servicing.)

VCA bling_Jan 2019.jpg

WOW.... just wow. Amazing collection, thanks for sharing. :clap:

btw, what happen to your oval yellow diamond earrings? Did you end up selling them?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW.... just wow. Amazing collection, thanks for sharing. :clap:

btw, what happen to your oval yellow diamond earrings? Did you end up selling them?

Thank you:).

I sold them back to the original owner. I couldn't justify having 2 pairs of blingy earrings in YG. And between those and the Magic Alhambra pave, it was an easy contest! haha

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results