shape
carat
color
clarity

My upgrade journey and my new ACA

Decision_Decisions

Shiny_Rock
I wanted to share my upgrade journey because I've gotten so much knowledge & enjoyment from reading stories while on and off PS for 15 years. If you're not interested in the novel skip to the pictures!

For literally my entire adult life I have wanted a "big" diamond engagement ring. We were so poor when we got engaged that we used a half carat earring that my mom gave us as a center stone. I picked a flashy setting that I loved at the time to compensate for the small stone, with three sided pave and a million little stones. The setting absolutely swallowed up my stone.

I had two other stones between then and now. Each time the stone got a little better in cut quality, but I spent way too much in the process by staying with a local jeweler. I also kept using the same setting and the prongs were a mess by the end.

Fast forward to our 15th and I wanted to try upgrading yet again. I knew I wanted to work with a super ideal vendor with an upgrade policy and choose WF. I looked at stones and bothered Michelle on and off for months with questions and image requests. I was trying and trying to make it work but every stone I was looking at required settling on some aspect. It didn't help that I wanted a smaller(ish) table and fatter arrows. I already felt like I had settled every time previously. My dad passed this year, and that combined with how the pandemic personally affected our family just made me realize that life is short and sometimes hard and that I deserve to allow myself this extravagance. I have trouble treating myself and jewelry is my one "thing". So I way upped the budget and went for it!

WF was absolutely incredible to work with. So very patient with me at every step. And I didn't make it easy on Michelle! They even took in my old stone as a trade in. This way I could compare color and confirm that the new stone was a little whiter. Yes, I lost quite a bit since I had overpaid for it in my last trade in, but I didn't care. The security of knowing I have the upgrade policy was incredible.

So here she is, my new 1.95 J VS2 ACA in the Valoria Petite setting! Everything is perfect! The stone, the setting, the height, the prongs. They completely honored my requests and made a slight correction to a small imperfection that I noticed in the macro photos.

I had consider going with a lab stone but I'm so glad that I went with a natural diamond. I'm a one ring kind of gal and this just feels so special to me! I've spent a lot of time over the years feeling guilty and selfish that I wasn't happy with what I had. And it took my husband a long time to understand what this meant to me so there were complicated feelings there too. So it feels so good to have something amazing at the end of all that! To me this ring represents not just my commitment to my husband and our marriage, but also his patience, understanding & love for me, and my commitment to treat myself with love as well.

Last edited:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
So beautiful

classic ring, great proportions with so much presence

congratulations on your well earned indulgence!

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! And what a wonderful story of hard work. Not only is it a symbol of your marriage and anniversary, it's a symbol of your growth! I'm so proud of your achievements and hope you are too. Enjoy your new ring!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I really enjoyed reading your story. It’s a gorgeous ring! Congratulations!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful upgrade, and it looks so lovely on your finger! Congratulations!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Aww what a happy ending. It’s gorgeous!!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I loved reading your upgrade story. And what a gorgeous diamond and ring! Wear it in good health! Would you mind sharing the diamond proportions? I love finding ACAs with smaller tables and fatter arrows.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pure class! Congratulations on finally getting to your dream ring & enjoy looking at that sparkle!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is just beautiful! I think it is the trials and tribulations of diamond stories like yours that make finding that special diamond (and an ACA!) so rewarding. I think you have to experience the bad to really appreciate the good and I know you are there. Congrats on the anniversary and the ring and enjoy it for many years to come!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous @Decision_Decisions !

It looks amazing on you! You have such a sweet back story that has led up to this ring and you're right, life is too short to not
get what you want!

Decision_Decisions

Shiny_Rock
I loved reading your upgrade story. And what a gorgeous diamond and ring! Wear it in good health! Would you mind sharing the diamond proportions? I love finding ACAs with smaller tables and fatter arrows.

Of course, I would love to share!

Diamond stats
1.948 carats
J color
VS2 clarity
8.00 x 8.03 x 4.95
Depth %: 61.8
Table %: 55.9
Crown Angle: 34.7
Star %: 53
Pavilion Angle: 40.7
Crown %: 15.3
Lower Girdle %: 76.0

One interesting thing about this stone is that the clarity grade is based on clouds not shown. Which I was nervous about as I've read to avoid that. But WF assured me that the stone was crisp and it does not disappoint. Because of that it's a really clean VS2!

Last edited:

Decision_Decisions

Shiny_Rock
Thank you to everyone for your kind words! It really has been quite a journey. There were times when wanting a bigger, better cut diamond felt so materialistic & silly, but the heart wants what it wants! When I look down at my hand I still can't believe that it's mine.

Scon_ce

Shiny_Rock
It’s perfect and looks great on your finger. I love the size!! Congrats!!

Searchingforering

Rough_Rock
Thank you to everyone for your kind words! It really has been quite a journey. There were times when wanting a bigger, better cut diamond felt so materialistic & silly, but the heart wants what it wants! When I look down at my hand I still can't believe that it's mine.

Awww... I completely understand and have shared this same sentiment. Congratulations on your new ring and happy anniversary! She is a beautiful piece of jewelry...

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I loved reading your story about you arrived at the decision to go for your dream diamond and ring. It’s just gorgeous. Your wedding band goes perfect with it.

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your new ring and on 15 years of marriage. May you continue to have a lifetime of happiness.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!!!!! Congratulations and enjoy!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results