shape
carat
color
clarity

My Upgrade is Here!!!!! 2.417 ACA in Harmony Setting! Thanks Maisie and Mara!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DKinLA

Rough_Rock
Amazing - what a fabulous rock and setting. Congratulations on that fireball! It is picture perfect. I can''t imagine how breath taking it is in real life. (Ok drooling now)

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
butterfly, it''s amazing! The set looks perfect on your hand, and your photos are incredible!

ddcha

Shiny_Rock
wowza! very nice.

trentfrog

Rough_Rock
I love, love, love it. It´s one of the best setting here.

One question though. What was the reason Whiteflash gave you for not being able to copy the head of Lynn B´s ring. I am also interested in getting the legato head but I really want it intergrated into the shank.

SeattleSweetheart

Shiny_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
What an absolutely stunning wedding set!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Thanks for sharing pics!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
dang! it''s GORGEOUS> akkk!!!!! so gorgeous.

the head is perfection. and i love it with your band options. particularly the tiff. jazz + the tiff. shared prong band.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Absolutely beautiful!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
What a stunner! Congratulations!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my Lord - this ring is STUNNING!!!!!!! Your pics are GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!! Just, wow!!!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

3Rocks

Shiny_Rock
What can I say but WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That one huge stone!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!! Lovely set!!! Good pick on the setting. I always like that setting. Congrats!!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It really is a beautiful stone and set - enjoy it every minute!!

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/15/2009 2:11:07 PM
Author: trentfrog
I love, love, love it. It´s one of the best setting here.

One question though. What was the reason Whiteflash gave you for not being able to copy the head of Lynn B´s ring. I am also interested in getting the legato head but I really want it intergrated into the shank.

Hi thanks. I bought this setting from someone here so it was not custom made. There was only so much they could do with it since I was not ordering a brand new setting from them. If you really love the set that Lynn b has you can always request it as I am sure they would make it.

On their website the harmony they sell was modified after they made lynns so that they could change out the head for different shapes and sizes.

I love the head on mine more now than before bc it''s nice that there is a little bit of difference and it was made specifically for this stone.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Hey guys!!!! Thanks. I thought this thread was dead but happy to see the nice comments from everyone!

I still love the setting and the diamond. I am very very happy with my choice!

2.gif
2.gif

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Love all the new pictures! Beautiful beautiful set!!!

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
What a beauty!!
36.gif
36.gif
Congratulations
35.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/15/2009 5:55:25 PM
Author: butterfly 17
Hey guys!!!! Thanks. I thought this thread was dead but happy to see the nice comments from everyone!

I still love the setting and the diamond. I am very very happy with my choice!

2.gif
2.gif

YAY, I''m so happy are still happy
9.gif

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS!!!

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!!! Congratulations
36.gif
36.gif

Rose-E

Shiny_Rock
That is a seriously gorgeous ring!!!! I''m super impressed!!!! I LOOOOOVE it!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it''s really impressive!

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
GORGEOUS! I''m usually don''t make it to the last page of threads this long, but I was glued to the screen for this thread. THat is an AMAZING set!

Can I ask where that tiny rose gold band came from?

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulation on your gorgeous ring(s) and rock. Do you mind if I send you email messages for additioonal questions about your ring purchase? I do not know the froum rules about sending private messages.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2009 7:57:28 PM
Author: hoofbeats95
GORGEOUS! I''m usually don''t make it to the last page of threads this long, but I was glued to the screen for this thread. THat is an AMAZING set!

Can I ask where that tiny rose gold band came from?

Hi! and thanks! The rose gold bands I purchased on ebay, but I can''t remember the seller. If you do a search for my name you will see a thread that I posted of them with the sellers information.

Good luck!

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2009 12:34:19 AM
Author: FancyDiamond
Congratulation on your gorgeous ring(s) and rock. Do you mind if I send you email messages for additioonal questions about your ring purchase? I do not know the froum rules about sending private messages.

Hello, I am sorry, but there are no pm''s on Pricescope.

what would you like to know? I don''t mind answering any questions as long as they are not too personal.
23.gif
Thanks!

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Thanks again everyone who responded!

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have the following questions for the melee sidestones on your ring(s):

1. Were the sidestones set by Whiteflash?
2. Are they Whiteflash ACA cut?
3. If indeed Whiteflash ACA, do you find them sparkle a lot more than the sidestones on rings from manufacturers other than Whiteflash?

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock
2.417, the refractive index of diamond. Cool!

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2009 2:22:00 AM
Author: FancyDiamond
I have the following questions for the melee sidestones on your ring(s):

1. Were the sidestones set by Whiteflash?
2. Are they Whiteflash ACA cut?
3. If indeed Whiteflash ACA, do you find them sparkle a lot more than the sidestones on rings from manufacturers other than Whiteflash?

Hi,

Okay, the sidestones were set by WF. The setting is actually a stock setting they sell on their website called the Harmony setting. The band is the matching one for this setting.
Both the band and the setting are set with WF ACA melee and each has .50 ctw. I think they are f/g vs stones, but you can go to their website to see the full description. Each ring is about 2.3 mm wide btw.
I find the stones to be a lot clearer (ie not cloudy) than other bands I have with similar size stones, they sparkle more, but not to the point that you can see a huge difference. But it''s nice to have them for sure.

The stones are not that big, I think .02 pointers,so in order to see a real difference, you really need to get bigger size melee.
Since they are small, they give more of a subtle sparkle, rather than big flashes.

I do have a WF bangle bracelet with ACA melee and they are about .06 each and those babies sparkle like crazy, so I guess the bigger you go, the more sparklly they get. I can see a huge huge difference with the ACA melee in this bracelet. I have another bracelet with the same size diamonds and they are not ACA and there is a big difference.

I hope I answered your questions and if you have any more, don''t hesitate to ask me!

Thanks!

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2009 3:19:55 AM
Author: whatmeworry
2.417, the refractive index of diamond. Cool!

Ha, thanks for the information, I had no idea.....

Here is a description-

The refractive index of any substance may be defined as that property which changes the speed of light as it passes through that substance. It is stated to be the ratio between the speed of light in vacuum to that as it passes through the substance in question. The refractive index depends on a number of factors, such as the angle of incidence at which the light enters the substance, the frequency of the light, etc. the higher the refractive index, the slower the light passes through the substance.
With this understanding, we can now tackle your question. The refractive index of diamond is 2.4175, higher than that of vacuum (1.0), air (which is a minute fraction higher than that of vacuum, though it is still written out as 1.0), water (1.33), glass (1.45 to 1.48), and even lithium niobate (2.25). When light enters the surface of a diamond the original speed at which it was travelling through space, in a vacuum (186,282 miles per second) falls drastically to 77, 056 miles per second. This drastic reduction in speed is the reason behind the high refractive index.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results