shape
carat
color
clarity

My Upgrade is Here!!!!! 2.417 ACA in Harmony Setting! Thanks Maisie and Mara!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone!

Well, I don''t exactly have it just yet, but I figured I would start a thread anyway!

So, I upgraded my diamond in June. I originally had a 2 carat G VS1 ACA and wanted something closer to 2.5 carats. I traded it for a 2.5 H SI1, but the inclusions bugged the hell out of me.

Luckily, Bob and James at WF were able to find me a sweet 2.38 H VS2 with amazing numbers, but not a H&A stone. I set it into a Simon G setting as a temp setting until I could find and afford something that I wanted as my forever ring. I was extremely happy with the stone, but regretted it wasn''t an ACA and even had conversations with someone at work that I might have the stone sent in to have it recut.

Then I found someone on DB selling a Harmony setting and she was selling it for a great price, less than half the price of just the band alone. I called WF to find out if I could send my 2.38 to them along with the set and have them remake the head for me. I was all set on just doing that until I found Maisie''s thread about DSS.

Mara posted on that thread about a 3 carat J ACA on the WF website and I went over to look at it and did a quick search on anything in the 2 to 3 carat range and what did I behold? Well, a 2.417 H VS2 ACA.

Now, my favorite number is 17, so of course I was interested. Plus the price difference was not even that much and it was not alot to change the head or resize the harmony set ( they were a size 5 and I wear a size 5.25).

Even the cert number has the numbers 771 in it, so I really felt like this stone was meant for me. Had I not seen it at that particular time, I would never have known of it''s existence. SO, THANKS MARA!!!! AND MAISIE!!!!

I was so so excited to see this diamond as the only thing I regretted about the 2.38 was that it was not an ACA.

So, I quickly called WF to find out if it was available for a trade up. And it was!

So, I made up my mind that this was a stone I really wanted and made arrangements to have the 2.38 sent back to them. I then purchased the Harmony set from the seller and had her send it back to WF as well so they would both arrive around the same time.

WF made me a new wax head and now I am just waiting to go pick it up today!!!

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
So, here it is!!!

DI40X_AGS-10277102.jpg

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Oophs, that was upside down!

DI40X_AGS-10277102 17.jpg

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
The IS image

IS_AGS-10277102.jpg

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Hearts....

H_AGS-10277102.jpg

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
And Aset.......

AST_AGS-10277102.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Winner!!!
emthup.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Set into the WF Harmony setting, which I purchased from a PS member.. They were not able to integrate the head like Lynn B''s, hers really is one of a kind, but I can''t complain as I have always loved this setting and saved her pictures to my hard drive.

I did ask that they make claw prongs......

2_051309.jpg

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
With the wedding band....

3_051309_edited.jpg

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys!!!!! I can''t wait to go pick it up. It''s not there yet so I have to wait patiently. But I can''t!!!!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Butterfly you are a stealth upgrader! How awesome is that rock! Although some people may think that upgrading simply for a branded cut is crazy
19.gif
I can tell you that I definitely see a difference between the light performance of my current ACA and my previous ES with ideal numbers etc. There''s ideal and then there is *ideal* KWIM? I think you will be so happy! That is an amazing rock and I love that setting
30.gif
Can''t wait to see it!

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer, ha, ha, I guess I am , although I didn't upgrade for a branded cut, but for a H&A's cut. The stone I had previously was not even an ES, it was a virtual stone that they brought in and though I tried to tell myself it was good enough, it really wasn't, for me at least.

And had the price difference been any greater, I would not have gotten it. Actually with the PS discount, my 2.38 came out to slightly more money!
23.gif

Here is the IS of my old stone. See the difference?
2.gif

IS_GIA14168473.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Long journey--amazing ring! Congrats!

cheers--Sharon

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
butterfly 17: W
30.gif
W!!!! Your new stone is amazing and well worth the upgrade in my opinion!! And I love it in the new setting.
2.gif

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
THAT IS AMAZING! Wow!!!!! This is the only setting I would reset for.
30.gif
Every time I see it, my heart skips a beat. It is soooo lovely and your diamond looks so BIG in it! I LOVE IT! CONGRATS! How can you wait? I''d be hopping up and down all day. I''d be wriggling just like we all did to speed up Gwendolyn''s engagement!!!!
30.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring and I love the wedding band too. I can''t wait to see pictures.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Gahhhh that is amazing!!!

Congrats - I can''t wait to see LOTS of pics ;-)

absolut_blonde

Brilliant_Rock
That is STUNNING. Drool! I can''t wait to see hand pics.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
haha, so glad Maisie and Mara were able to enable you
9.gif
Your new set is absolutely stunning, butterfly.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks just wonderful. And I love the story of how everything just fell together for this upgrade. Congrats!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it, swoooon!!! PERFECTION, can''t wait for your pics
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2009 9:36:07 AM
Author: butterfly 17
Dreamer, ha, ha, I guess I am , although I didn''t upgrade for a branded cut, but for a H&A''s cut. The stone I had previously was not even an ES, it was a virtual stone that they brought in and though I tried to tell myself it was good enough, it really wasn''t, for me at least.

And had the price difference been any greater, I would not have gotten it. Actually with the PS discount, my 2.38 came out to slightly more money!
23.gif

Here is the IS of my old stone. See the difference?
2.gif
Oh I wasn''t suggesting that *I* am one to think it is crazy! LOL! I think you are smart to do the trade, and not for the brand, but for the light performance! I certainly see the difference between the IS images... much fatter arrows for one thing. I can''t wait to see it and see how you like it!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous stone and what an incredible upgrade. I love the look with the diamond band. I''m also a big fan of 4 prong settings
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Love it!! Stone and setting are made for each other! Wonderful upgrade!
36.gif

*´¨)
¸.• ´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•''Cachette
1.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Thanks to everyone who posted!!! I am so so excited about it, but I am going to wait for my dh to wake up so we can pick it up together. Plus I am waiting on Jewelers Mutual to update my policy so I can pick it up already insured and actually not worry about wearing it!!!!

I promise to post lots of pictures once I get it. I may even do the infamous Fedex package strip tease, although I don''t think I will have the patience!!!

9.gif

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
It is so gorgeous!

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Here is the wedding band by itself.

I really do love this set. THANK YOU LYNN B AND ONEDROP
2.gif
!
It''s my all time favorite setting that WF sells and when I upgraded in June I really thought about purchasing it, but it was a little too similar to my Ritani endless love setting and didn''t think it was worth the money to change a setting to something similar to what I already had.

Although I loved the Ritani setting, I really wanted something a little bit wider and with larger diamonds, but not too big, but with the whole swoopy Ritani head. I even posted about it on one of mrssalvo''s threads when she was looking for an upgrade.

I think the Harmony setting hits it right on the nail! It has the swoopy head, the wider shank and the diamonds are slightly bigger and they are ACA melee, so they should really sparkle, as opposed to the subtle sparkle of the Ritani set.

The Ritani set had 1 pointers and the Harmony has 2 pointers, so not much noticeable diameter difference, but I think that it will be just enough.

Plus, the diamonds are set fishtail as opposed to channelish set pave, so they sort of stick out a little more and are not as hidden within metal.

Anyway, rambling again because I don''t know what to do with myself!!

4_051309.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fantastic Looking Ring! and congrats on your new upgrade... it was meant to be...
36.gif

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! You should have no problem with DSS now! (or atleast for a while
2.gif
)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results