shape
carat
color
clarity

My 'upgrade' finally reset, 2.5 Alex Parks OEC

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
Let me start by saying, i am NOT sentimental. AT ALL. My original engagement ring was a disaster due to a miscommunication with the vendor, so after my (now) husband proposed and I first got the ring, it was sent back and redone 2x and i still didnt like it and wound up getting a refund from that vendor (who said what I wanted was impossible) and having it remade by the goddess Amy at David Klass. LOL so i guess it lost it's sentiment there to me, it wasnt the ring he proposed with, so it didnt matter after that. I'm super grateful to David and Amy who made my ring on paper and bad photoshop into reality.

I had a mined OEC "L" color and I loved it 99% of the time, I loved the warmth and the way it acted, but once in a while the L color bothered me because it looked dirty. I decided I wanted something whiter. The issue is my husband doesnt support material objects. For the most part i agree with him. I dont see "value" in a diamond. It's not "worth" $25k to me. I don't want to wear a $25k diamond, it would freak me out. I don't look at diamonds as a measure of wealth. i don't feel like i need it to cost $25k to be valuable to me. I don't think about the origin when i look at it. To me, a diamond is a diamond, it doesnt have to come out of the ground, It's not "less valuable" to me because it cost $7k instead of $25k. I keep using $25k because thats how much the minded diamond I would want goes for. I see my lab and it does everything it's supposed to do, it's gorgeous and sparkly and dances, and makes me happy, and it TRULY makes me HAPPIER that it didn't cost more. I guess maybe some people want the diamond for it's cost or 'rarity'? To me it's not rare, look on any diamond website, there's nothing rare about it, it just costs a lot LOL

I'm trying to articulate why I think lab diamonds are the best thing ever... LOL The thing is I love diamonds so much, and I think anyone who wants one should be able to have one. I truly believe everyone should be able to get their dream diamond, because no simulant does what a real diamond does.

Anyway, I bought a 2.5 VS1 G color OEC (cvd) from Alex Parks. Alex was great, he switched out my old diamond into my old setting for me. He let me meet the buyer of my mined diamond at his booth and he confirmed it was the diamond to her. The only trouble was that my new diamond is 8.5mm and my old diamond was 8.3x7.9, very out of round so it didn't fit in the setting very well. the prongs were holding on for dear life and i had a 'frame' around my diamond which was lost. So I asked David Klass to remake the setting with a few little tweaks, honestly no one would notice but me.

I just got my ring back and it's gorgeous! There has been nothing but clouds for days here but I did my best. The thing is, there is no color anywhere because it's winter!! So i will also attach a few of the old setting pics where the diamond did its thing because it was still summer and all my plants were in bloom

I love it, I might have David shave down the "frame" a little because it's much more prominent than it was before, i am seeing how I feel about it.. anyone have an opinion?? It was less prominent with my original diamond in the original setting, it was non-existent with the new diamond in the old setting and I missed it, i didn't like how it looked like a floating circle on my finger. So now, it's more prominent. To be honest in 'life' i dont really see it, in the zoomed in pics I see it.

Diamond people need to tell me - where do the colors come from?!?! Im in the woods, there's no leaves on the trees and everything is brown and grey, i am wearing head to toe black and my cell phone case is black, where do the colors come from??!!
IMG_0204.jpg

The sun made a momentary appearance
IMG_0253.jpg

IMG_0146.jpg

IMG_0159.jpg

IMG_0179.jpg

Below was in my house, i have no room with decent light and it's been cloudy
IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0246.jpg

If anyone saw my craziness on another thread... I had the iphone 14 pro and the macro pictures WERE HORRIBLE!! I had to buy a new 12 pro because I gave my old 12 to my husband. So these were on the 14 pro, so terrible this pic (below) is basically all the same setting as the above pics, and it's so grainy and blurry compared to the 12 pro pics
below is iphone 14 pro
0IMG_2705.jpg

These (below) were taken BEFORE the setting was remade, but it was summer and it was amazing all the colors!
IMG_8428.jpg

IMG_8211.jpg

IMG_8216.jpg

IMG_8160.jpg

thanks for looking! Next up - 2.72 transitional - so excited! LOL

Last edited:

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
So stunningly gorgeous! Congrats!

Sunrises Sunsets

Shiny_Rock
Let me start by saying, i am NOT sentimental. AT ALL. My original engagement ring was a disaster due to a miscommunication with the vendor, so after my (now) husband proposed and I first got the ring, it was sent back and redone 2x and i still didnt like it and wound up getting a refund from that vendor who said what I wanted was impossible and having it remade by the goddess Amy at David Klass. LOL so i guess it lost it's sentiment there to me, it wasnt the ring he proposed with, so it didnt matter after that.

I had a mined OEC "L" color and I loved it 99% of the time, I loved the warmth and the way it acted, but once in a while the L color bothered me because it looked dirty. I decided I wanted something whiter. The issue is my husband doesnt support material objects. For the most part i agree with him. I dont see "value" in a diamond. It's not "worth" $25k to me. I don't want to wear a $25k diamond, it would freak me out. I don't look at diamonds as a measure of wealth. i don't feel like i need it to cost $25k to be valuable to me. I don't think about the origin when i look at it. To me, a diamond is a diamond, it doesnt have to come out of the ground, It's not "less valuable" to me because it cost $7k instead of $25k. I keep using $25k because thats how much the minded diamond I would want goes for. I see my lab and it does everything it's supposed to do, it's gorgeous and sparkly and dances, and makes me happy, and it TRULY makes me HAPPIER that it didn't cost more. I guess maybe some people want the diamond for it's cost or 'rarity'? To me it's not rare, look on any diamond website, there's nothing rare about it, it just costs a lot LOL

I'm trying to articulate why I think lab diamonds are the best thing ever... LOL The thing is I love diamonds so much, and I think anyone who wants one should be able to have one. I truly believe everyone should be able to get their dream diamond, because no simulant does what a real diamond does.

Anyway, I bought a 2.5 VS1 G color OEC (cvd) from Alex Parks. Alex was great, he switched out my old diamond into my old setting for me. He let me meet the buyer of my mined diamond at his booth and he confirmed it was the diamond to her. The only trouble was that my new diamond is 8.5mm and my old diamond was 8.3x7.9, very out of round so it didn't fit in the setting very well. the prongs were holding on for dear life and i had a 'frame' around my diamond which was lost. So I asked David Klass to remake the setting with a few little tweaks, honestly no one would notice but me.

I just got my ring back and it's gorgeous! There has been nothing but clouds for days here but I did my best. The thing is, there is no color anywhere because it's winter!! So i will also attach a few of the old setting pics where the diamond did its thing because it was still summer and all my plants were in bloom

I love it, I might have David shave down the "frame" a little because it's much more prominent than it was before, i am seeing how I feel about it.. anyone have an opinion?? It was less prominent with my original diamond in the original setting, it was non-existent with the new diamond in the old setting and I missed it, i didn't like how it looked like a floating circle on my finger. So now, it's more prominent. To be honest in 'life' i dont really see it, in the zoomed in pics I see it.

Diamond people need to tell me - where do the colors come from?!?! Im in the woods, there's no leaves on the trees and everything is brown and grey, i am wearing head to toe black and my cell phone case is black, where do the colors come from??!!
IMG_0204.jpg

IMG_0253.jpg

IMG_0146.jpg

IMG_0159.jpg

IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0246.jpg

If anyone saw my craziness on another thread... I had the iphone 14 pro and the macro pictures WERE HORRIBLE!! I had to buy a new 12 pro because I gave my old 12 to my husband. So these were on the 14 pro, so terrible this pic (below) is basically all the same setting as the above pics, and it's so grainy and blurry compared to the 12 pro pics
below is iphone 14 pro
0IMG_2705.jpg

These (below) were taken BEFORE the setting was remade, but it was summer and it was amazing all the colors!
IMG_8428.jpg

IMG_8211.jpg

IMG_8216.jpg

IMG_8160.jpg

Your diamond and that setting are killer, wow! I'm totally on board with your lab diamond sentiment and it mirrors my own mindset. I do understand the earth-mined diamond point of view too and it so nice we can all do "our thing".

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
Your diamond and that setting are killer, wow! I'm totally on board with your lab diamond sentiment and it mirrors my own mindset. I do understand the earth-mined diamond point of view too and it so nice we can all do "our thing".

Thank you! I guess thats where i struggle to be honest, i really dont understand! LOL! Im seriously not trying to be a jerk, i just really dont understand. I'd rather keep the money in my accounts lol!

It's also allowing me to have 2 rings instead of just one... not to mention the earrings and necklace I also bought ... LOL

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
Let me start by saying, i am NOT sentimental. AT ALL. My original engagement ring was a disaster due to a miscommunication with the vendor, so after my (now) husband proposed and I first got the ring, it was sent back and redone 2x and i still didnt like it and wound up getting a refund from that vendor (who said what I wanted was impossible) and having it remade by the goddess Amy at David Klass. LOL so i guess it lost it's sentiment there to me, it wasnt the ring he proposed with, so it didnt matter after that. I'm super grateful to David and Amy who made my ring on paper and bad photoshop into reality.

IMG_0204.jpg

IMG_0253.jpg

IMG_0146.jpg

IMG_0159.jpg

IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0246.jpg

below is iphone 14 pro
0IMG_2705.jpg

IMG_8428.jpg

IMG_8211.jpg

IMG_8216.jpg

IMG_8160.jpg

How absolutely STUNNING! !! What a beautiful 'upgrade'! Couldn't agree more about your sentiments regarding lab diamonds. Hope you gets lots and lots of enjoyment from this!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
This is so well articulated. I love diamonds and the flash and fire. I have an inner child who loves disco ball reflections at Costco. My friends don't care about my ring. My family is not into jewelry, even the ladies. I Guess my point is I enjoy sharing here, but I enjoy these in a solitary manner. I'm singular in my fascination and enjoyment.

So, why not have the enjoyment without the guilt? A diamond is a reflective material in performance. This way I can have more and enjoy them.

Sorry about your iPhone troubles, I struggle with mine (13 pro max) too. I love your transitional stone!

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
This is so well articulated. I love diamonds and the flash and fire. I have an inner child who loves disco ball reflections at Costco. My friends don't care about my ring. My family is not into jewelry, even the ladies. I Guess my point is I enjoy sharing here, but I enjoy these in a solitary manner. I'm singular in my fascination and enjoyment.

So, why not have the enjoyment without the guilt? A diamond is a reflective material in performance. This way I can have more and enjoy them.

Sorry about your iPhone troubles, I struggle with mine (13 pro max) too. I love your transitional stone!

YES! I guess thats it, literally NO ONE cares "in real life" - LOL! and I am with you, I go to NYC just to walk up and down 47th and look in all the windows. I cannot stop myself from looking at jewelry.

It's just like you said for me - GUILT! It's the perfect word. i would feel GUILTY spending all that money on a diamond, i would feel like i should be saving it for retirement. LOL!

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
How absolutely STUNNING! !! What a beautiful 'upgrade'! Couldn't agree more about your sentiments regarding lab diamonds. Hope you gets lots and lots of enjoyment from this!

thank you!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
SO gorgeous and I love that setting so much. I feel you with the phone, the newer one's camera just doesn't take as good of photos even though the camera is supposed to be better! It never reflects what my eyes see, and video is even worse. Hopefully that gets fixed when they release another one!

kt-k8

Rough_Rock
Beautiful stone and setting. The colors it gives off are wonderful! This past weekend I purchased a lab stone of similar size from distinctive gem. I hope it looks as lovely as yours!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everything about this is perfection. :love: I adore the faceting on your stone, and your setting is outrageously beautiful.

HerefortheBling

Shiny_Rock
Your setting is so gorgeous! And I feel exactly the same as you about lab diamonds! I traded in my earth diamond for a lab too, and it'll be only labs for me from now on.

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
SO gorgeous and I love that setting so much. I feel you with the phone, the newer one's camera just doesn't take as good of photos even though the camera is supposed to be better! It never reflects what my eyes see, and video is even worse. Hopefully that gets fixed when they release another one!

Ok, first, I love your kitty … I had a rescue named Blinkers that looked just like this and he was the sweetest.

And OMG… the camera… I bought the darn 14pro because they went on and on about the camera!! I mean, maybe it’s amazing for everyone else but for me it sucked! lol!

Here’s a fairly good comparison, when you look at the ring sides , the 12 pro is sooo much clearer!

I’m on my phone so I don’t know if the pic attached

310E24CB-F638-4C4A-9574-BEF65F851A7D.jpeg

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful stone and setting. The colors it gives off are wonderful! This past weekend I purchased a lab stone of similar size from distinctive gem. I hope it looks as lovely as yours!

Omg, I am SURE yours will be absolutely amazing… I planned on ordering one from Jon but Alex posted this one and I grabbed it. I’m confident yours will be even better , Jon’s are AMAZING!

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Your diamond is absolutely stunning! :kiss2: And now I’m off to follow Alex Parks because I’ve been wanting a lab OEC. I’ve been trying to locate one that is much warmer (at least an H but even that might be too white). Anyway, I’m drooling over yours!!!

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!!!

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
Your setting is so gorgeous! And I feel exactly the same as you about lab diamonds! I traded in my earth diamond for a lab too, and it'll be only labs for me from now on.

THANK YOU! I have zero regrets about the swap!! on occasion I think to myself I might still wind up getting an antique mined diamond at some point… only because I love the idea of it being around for 100+ years and thinking about its history

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
Everything about this is perfection. :love: I adore the faceting on your stone, and your setting is outrageously beautiful.
OMG I’ve been dying to show you! David did such a beautiful job on my reset. I just basically asked him to make the center kite larger and have the sides kind of bend down a little more. I honestly feel like no one would probably notice the difference.

….And I’ve been dying to tell you about the recut! i’ll do a whole thread about it eventually when I get the completed ring back from DK setting it. Ashley totally nailed it!! it was originally IGI G color VS2… I sent to GIA and now it’s VS 1 F color! Lol! I’m a little disappointed because I really wanted an H but went with the G because it was HPHT and figured meh, IGI G is probably GIA H… but it’s stunning! Thank you for all your advice and patience with my questions. I can’t wait for it to be done!

Perhaps you have answered this previously but I’m dying to know why you have a kiwi as your avatar when you have that insanely gorgeous diamond

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
Your diamond is absolutely stunning! :kiss2: And now I’m off to follow Alex Parks because I’ve been wanting a lab OEC. I’ve been trying to locate one that is much warmer (at least an H but even that might be too white). Anyway, I’m drooling over yours!!!

Thank you! It’s Parks Antique lab on Instagram!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s truly gorgeous!! Love the stone faceting and the setting is divine! Beautiful upgrade!!

luckygreen317

Brilliant_Rock

IMG_0204.jpg

IMG_0253.jpg

IMG_0146.jpg

IMG_0159.jpg

IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0246.jpg

below is iphone 14 pro
0IMG_2705.jpg

IMG_8428.jpg

IMG_8211.jpg

IMG_8216.jpg

IMG_8160.jpg

What a beauty, congratulations!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG I’ve been dying to show you! David did such a beautiful job on my reset. I just basically asked him to make the center kite larger and have the sides kind of bend down a little more. I honestly feel like no one would probably notice the difference.

I think I see the differences, but only because I'm scrutinizing the photos from your older thread. I seriously think you have one of the most gorgeous rings ever to come out of David and Amy's workshop. So many intricate details beautifully designed by you and executed by them.

….And I’ve been dying to tell you about the recut! i’ll do a whole thread about it eventually when I get the completed ring back from DK setting it. Ashley totally nailed it!! it was originally IGI G color VS2… I sent to GIA and now it’s VS 1 F color! Lol! I’m a little disappointed because I really wanted an H but went with the G because it was HPHT and figured meh, IGI G is probably GIA H… but it’s stunning! Thank you for all your advice and patience with my questions. I can’t wait for it to be done!

Eek, so exciting! I've been wanting to ask you about it, but I figured you would post when it was ready. I'm really glad to hear you're happy with the recut, and I understand wanting it to be a lower color, but on the plus side, now you have a "higher quality" stone! :lol: I too thought IGI would be a grade or so lower than GIA, so the resulting color and clarity is surprising to me too. Can't wait to see the new faceting and, of course, the ring!

Perhaps you have answered this previously but I’m dying to know why you have a kiwi as your avatar when you have that insanely gorgeous diamond

This made me laugh out loud! :lol: I've had the same avatar since 2005, so I feel like I'm known by it now, and it would feel weird to have a different one.

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful stone and setting!!! I like the tweaks you made to the new setting.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
That ring is crazy beautiful! The whole stack is just drool worthy. :love:
I am desperate for an old cut lab that has some actual color to it.
O-P range and 7-7.5mm, I don't know if that will ever happen. No one wants to grow those.
Oh, and I love a puppy pic.

Mooshi

Shiny_Rock
Waaow! I love the colors, if you can manage a video or 15 I would be very gracious! I just want to see all the colors and rainbows in action!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Ok, first, I love your kitty … I had a rescue named Blinkers that looked just like this and he was the sweetest.

And OMG… the camera… I bought the darn 14pro because they went on and on about the camera!! I mean, maybe it’s amazing for everyone else but for me it sucked! lol!

Here’s a fairly good comparison, when you look at the ring sides , the 12 pro is sooo much clearer!

I’m on my phone so I don’t know if the pic attached

310E24CB-F638-4C4A-9574-BEF65F851A7D.jpeg

Blinkers is such a cute name! Sadly my cat Ruby passed in May; I couldn’t bear to replace the photo. So the 12 is the pic on the right? It’s more in focus but the color on the left is more saturated.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Inked, Your ring is gorgeous and your dog is adorable!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results