shape
carat
color
clarity

My 'upgrade' finally reset, 2.5 Alex Parks OEC

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
@Inked I remember your ring when you first got it and this diamond is just as gorgeous!

And yes SAME re: the iphone camera. They've gotten worse, and it does some sort of automatic image filtering which messes with the colors of color stones as well - I have tried to take so many pics of my new(ish) blue sapphire and it'll look perfect for a split second then the pic will "snap" into bad colors. I don't want to buy a separate camera, tbh, so I'm considering moving away from the iphone next time I get a phone, even though I'm fully in the apple ecosystem.

Have you shared details of your wedding band anywhere? Where did you get it? I'm obsessed. (The one with leaves and a diamond chevron.)
eta oh lol I see this was answered several posts before mine.

Thank you!! I did love my old ring/diamond but I have to say I really truly stare at my ring constantly and I really wanted more symmetry than I had.

Oh man you hit the nail on the head with the iPhones. for now I was able to "fix" it with going back to the Iphone 12. I am die hard iphone so i am just hoping they fix it with the 15 or else I will just have to deal with the camera. My friend has an iphone but also bought a google pixel just for pictures LOL

W2W

Rough_Rock
LOL! I bought my studs as H&A because I feel like i cant see them anyway, and no one's getting that close to me to see them either... hahahaha! I am obsessed with old cuts and as much as I appreciate their 'wonkiness' and do miss that uniqueness at times, (like I wish this wasnt SO PERFECT) but I love that I was able to get my dream diamond for a price I was willing to pay LOL

It is SO perfect!! Truly.

My engagement ring is an actual antique old mine cut and I adore it so much. I feel like I want to be surrounded with these stones. Maybe getting oec studs will make me look in the mirror more than when I'm brushing my teeth. Lol.

I also saw your post about your recut stone. I think I am going to follow your footsteps.

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
@Inked I'm so glad I just stumbled across this thread, because your ring is so freaking beautiful and I am currently at a similar cross roads in my upgrade search. I really can not get passed the guilt of spending so much money on an earth mined 2.5 ct diamond, but sooo want one that size. It makes me feel better to not be the only one.

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
@Inked I'm so glad I just stumbled across this thread, because your ring is so freaking beautiful and I am currently at a similar cross roads in my upgrade search. I really can not get passed the guilt of spending so much money on an earth mined 2.5 ct diamond, but sooo want one that size. It makes me feel better to not be the only one.

ABSOLUTELY!! I just cant imagine spending $25k + on any one piece of jewelry. And I know some people feel its part of what makes their engagement ring special, but for me the fact that it is my engagement ring is what makes it special. It doesnt have to cost more to be special to me. I am so happy with both my lab diamonds, and i wear them every day with no guilt or worry!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results