shape
carat
color
clarity

My Upcoming Lab Diamond Project: 10.22ct G / VS1 EC lab diamond from Distinctive Gems

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
When did you start collecting 5+ LGD?

That’s what I noticed too.

Btw, I thought my wife was pretty cool with an oval and a pear but you’re just next level

I got my first 5ct LGD around two years ago :shifty:

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
The new EC is spectacular and I also love your collection!!

emmy12

Brilliant_Rock
Wow the new ring looks stunning!!!
Thank you for sharing the family pic of your collection. Every single piece is gorgeous!

I am drooling over the Emerald solitaire in the bottom right. That is my dream ring. So elegant.
5.jpg

I'm curious about the pink stone in the 3rd row far left. Diamond? Sapphire?

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
Wow the new ring looks stunning!!!
Thank you for sharing the family pic of your collection. Every single piece is gorgeous!

I am drooling over the Emerald solitaire in the bottom right. That is my dream ring. So elegant.

I'm curious about the pink stone in the 3rd row far left. Diamond? Sapphire?

It's a pink sapphire from Tiffanys :love:

The emerald solitaire on the bottom right is 1ct & from VCA

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness! I am late to this thread but ooh la la. I love it @glitterbomb :love:
It's the epitome of elegance and sophistication and the stuff dreams are made of.
And I like your attitude that it's not an investment but for you to wear and enjoy.
You cannot go wrong with thinking that way.
Wear it in good health.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

I have yellow / warm lighting in my home so the diamond looks like it has some yellow tint in this video (you can see my carpet looks beige too - it's actually a cool toned gray!). In person the diamond is very white.

Oh my! I about fell out of my chair looking at your Amazing collection!! The new addition of the Emerald cut ..... just Wowza!! I laughed that you thought it was a little too small! No, honestly, it is perfect! Less is more!!

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my! I about fell out of my chair looking at your Amazing collection!! The new addition of the Emerald cut ..... just Wowza!! I laughed that you thought it was a little too small! No, honestly, it is perfect! Less is more!!

Only would we (the PS community) ever think of 10cts as “less”. Love it!

And that beautiful ring suits you, @glitterbomb!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
True to your username @glitterbomb you have undone yourself with this one!! It’s amazing!! I had to show Mr. Slickk your collection and he noticed your username right away and we talked about how apropos it is given your jewelry box!!
Thank you for sharing your amazing collection with us!!

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have a gorgeous collection!!! I am truly in awe! And your new emerald cut is next level stunning. Congratulations! You and @Rhino did a fabulous job creating this beauty.

nan nan

Rough_Rock
I never own and see LGD in person, but i love all kind of jewelries. My biggest dream ring is Kim Kardashian engagement ring from Kanye: cushion diamond. However i am thinking to get a round 5 carats LGD, so may I ask your opinion since you own both large mine and lab diamonds, are they look distinctive in person if you compare them side by side.? I own mine 2 carats GIA diamond but realy really want a 5 ... so please help me i want to hear your opinions.

joey_v

Shiny_Rock
I never own and see LGD in person, but i love all kind of jewelries. My biggest dream ring is Kim Kardashian engagement ring from Kanye: cushion diamond. However i am thinking to get a round 5 carats LGD, so may I ask your opinion since you own both large mine and lab diamonds, are they look distinctive in person if you compare them side by side.? I own mine 2 carats GIA diamond but realy really want a 5 ... so please help me i want to hear your opinions.

Labs are not labs are not labs

You need to find a good quality one. Go high in color and avoid cvd and faint blue with hpht

They cannot be told apart visually

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock

I love Kim K's 15ct cushion too! One of these days.... :kiss2:

Earth-mined and lab diamonds are indistinguishable from each other by appearance. You can't tell just by looking at a diamond if it is earth mined or lab grown. If anyone says otherwise they simply are uneducated on the subject and misinformed. A friend of mine has an absolutely gorgeous earth-mined 3.15ct E/IF triple excellent MRB and you can't tell the difference between her diamond and my lab 5ct D/VVS1 triple excellent MRB.

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
Labs are not labs are not labs

You need to find a good quality one. Go high in color and avoid cvd and faint blue with hpht

They cannot be told apart visually

Yes, some hpht labs have blue nuance (I typically see this in hpht labs below F color, so starting around G - H) and some cvd labs have a brown hue/tint. Some labs have other issues such as stria. That being said, well cut, good quality labs are beautiful and you can't tell them apart visually from earth-mined.

joey_v

Shiny_Rock
Bad lab vs natural
Great lab vs natural

Notice the tint with the faint blue hpht compared to natural tint.

Then look at the better hpht with natural tint.

Color is irrespective (J natural round vs I with faint blue and D without blue nuance)

Get the best quality lab. An hpht D/E/F should be safe, make sure the hue is yellow/cream.

5A4AE44F-057B-49D6-BB87-2EF5D3A91ECF.jpeg

Attachments

• 81159C66-8ED5-4929-8E7B-D0AC0F280933.jpeg
    81159C66-8ED5-4929-8E7B-D0AC0F280933.jpeg
    133.6 KB · Views: 55
  • D5BEA29D-44D0-4E30-90CD-3B7287E8A7CF.jpeg
    D5BEA29D-44D0-4E30-90CD-3B7287E8A7CF.jpeg
    139.2 KB · Views: 55
  • DA7F183C-8A44-469A-B1F4-862A993C51D1.jpeg
    DA7F183C-8A44-469A-B1F4-862A993C51D1.jpeg
    134 KB · Views: 54

joey_v

Shiny_Rock
I am once again crying / puking / dying / distraught / whatever words i used on your radiant thread in the best possible way. :kiss2:

So so so beautiful and it looks perfect on you! Do you have a favorite among your ring family?

Well now I’m going to search for her other threads and bring out some popcorn

nan nan

Rough_Rock
I love Kim K's 15ct cushion too! One of these days.... :kiss2:

Earth-mined and lab diamonds are indistinguishable from each other by appearance. You can't tell just by looking at a diamond if it is earth mined or lab grown. If anyone says otherwise they simply are uneducated on the subject and misinformed. A friend of mine has an absolutely gorgeous earth-mined 3.15ct E/IF triple excellent MRB and you can't tell the difference between her diamond and my lab 5ct D/VVS1 triple excellent MRB.

Thank you So much , so you make me feel good and move forward on this projects, what vendor you bought diamonds from? Are they CVD or HPTP?

joey_v

Shiny_Rock
Thank you So much , so you make me feel good and move forward on this projects, what vendor you bought diamonds from? Are they CVD or HPTP?

All my two lab are hpht
I would not buy any other type

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock

Most of my larger labs are CVD. I purchased LGD from Brilliant Earth, Adiamor, Distinctive Gem, and Forever Diamonds New York.

Ada Diamonds and Lauren B also work with LGD and I've heard many good things about them.

nan nan

Rough_Rock
Most of my larger labs are CVD. I purchased LGD from Brilliant Earth, Adiamor, Distinctive Gem, and Forever Diamonds New York.

Ada Diamonds and Lauren B also work with LGD and I've heard many good things about them.

thank you-:), i will search on these vendors.

Venti25

Shiny_Rock
*whispers something about antique cuts*

...jaw dropping collection.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How do you decide which one to wear on any given day?

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
How do you decide which one to wear on any given day?

I tend to go through phases of which jewelry pieces I wear the most at any given time. I'll wear a ring, necklace, bracelet(s), & earrings for a month or several months, and then start to get tired of it and change it up. I like this as well because this way my jewelry stays feeling fresh & new. If I rotated through everything on a daily basis I think I'd get bored of my collection pretty quickly.

joey_v

Shiny_Rock
I tend to go through phases of which jewelry pieces I wear the most at any given time. I'll wear a ring, necklace, bracelet(s), & earrings for a month or several months, and then start to get tired of it and change it up. I like this as well because this way my jewelry stays feeling fresh & new. If I rotated through everything on a daily basis I think I'd get bored of my collection pretty quickly.

How can someone get bored of that collection??

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Bad lab vs natural
Great lab vs natural

Notice the tint with the faint blue hpht compared to natural tint.

Then look at the better hpht with natural tint.

Color is irrespective (J natural round vs I with faint blue and D without blue nuance)

Get the best quality lab. An hpht D/E/F should be safe, make sure the hue is yellow/cream.

5A4AE44F-057B-49D6-BB87-2EF5D3A91ECF.jpeg

Unless you like blue tint. Some people do. It’s not necessarily “bad”.

joey_v

Shiny_Rock
Unless you like blue tint. Some people do. It’s not necessarily “bad”.
Of course, it’s a preference.
But blue tint means it was added boron to speed up the process. And it’s a dead giveaway that you have a lab if that matters to you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results