shape
carat
color
clarity

My two new Victor Canera masterpieces :-)

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1321592884|3064257 said:
Yssie|1321591760|3064248 said:
There was really only one aesthetic tweak - I had him add the engraving to the sides of the shank where it meets the trellis wires to add some visual delineation, and I think it worked out really well. That abrupt change was apparently inevitable in soldering round wires to the square block of the shank, and he couldn't file or engrave too deeply because without crossbars/cup around the centre he needed to keep as much metal there pressuring the struct as possible...

Yssie can you post a photo and point out what you are talking about here? I am curious and can't get a handle on what you are describing.

The ring looks even better in your photos than it did in the VC pics. It is delicate and organic. I really like the 8 prongs. I hope you take this for the compliment it is, but there is something almost arachnid from certain angles, which is cool because you see the ring from some angles and it looks simple and swoopy and pretty and then see another and it takes on a very *alive* quality. Very cool. The end stones are the perfect size too, very subtle. If anything about a ring like that can really be subtle ;))

I have only had 4 prong mounts until my OEC, which is six prong, and I am totally sold on it. Makes the stone look rounded and bugger and everything. I think 8 prongs is ideal ::)

+1. I'd love to understand more too. And I second 8 teeny tiny gorgeous prongs! :twirl:

Yssie, I totally :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: this ring!! This is my all-time fave/ prob the BEST ring I've seen on PS. I'm soooooo :mrgreen: with jealousy here but of course extremely happy for you. You've had some excellent ideas (being so detail-oriented has served you very well indeed) and Victor executed it *perfectly*!!!

I've asked Victor to make me something similar (not quite exactly the same) - I hope you don't mind? Mine would be a solitaire, so not the same as yours - your would be inspirational. In any case, Victor has so far steadfastly refused, saying that this ring as you said is very difficult to make and in the time he took to make your ring he could've made three others!! I'm so jealous!! and am gonna bug him until he says yes, lol!! :naughty:

I'd love more pics please, more close ups, esp of the side views and the underside.

PS> Btw, which camera are you using? Your pics are excellent!
PPS> Incidentally, when you said you were giving up your 3-stone ring, I was like "NOOOOOO!!!", but seeing this new 5-stone ring has convinced me you've made absolutely the RIGHT choice!! And your new w.b. is also TDF!! VC's work is absolutely exquisite!!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Wow. The set is amazing. The trellis looks like woven metal, more so than any other trellis ring I've seen. Perhaps because of the way it was made, the angles seem so natural. On a CAD, you can "force" the metal to do things (e.g. have kinks).

I think someone should seriously consider making a trellis this way, then making a wax cast for mass manufacturing purposes. It just looks so natural.

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
:love: Speechless! That is a STUNNER!! The detail on the miligrain! WOW

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
I've been waiting for this tread! That is a stunner!!!!!!!!! You are definitely a trail blazer around these parts! I loved the swoopiness of your original 3 stone, this new ring carries the same flavor but is so much more amped up! Is the engraved band ring in unplated WG as well? Masterpieces indeed!

mitsui4

Brilliant_Rock
It is absolutely gorgeous~! Congrats!! :appl:

SC86

Shiny_Rock
Wow! Great work by VC! It's simply TDF. :love:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!

Wonderful work!!! :love:

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous, that trellis is just beautiful!

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I must say this is the most gorgeous 5-stone ring I have ever seen. As many already said, your former, 3-stone ring is top-notch, but this one is absolutely a masterpiece!
Thanks for sharing and enjoy it.

BTW - Love that matching band as well.

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
So beautiful and organic, it looks like it just grew on the diamond tree!

I'm envious of the beautiful engraving the band - so delicate!

Are you going to post this in the gallery?

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phewww...I'm so extremely happy that your ER turned out to be so...AMAZING!!! During all this time i haven't made a single comment on your other thread, because i was seriously upset about the fact that you were thinking of changing your ring...I always thought that it was the absolute perfection and when i read the story and realized that the ring was going to ...transform into a five stone, i was sooo sad. I l.o.v.e.d your previous ring but i can definitely say that now i am IN love with your new ER. Seriously, i wasn't aware of the fact that you can...perfect perfection!!! When i opened the thread and saw the pics i was amazed...Needless to say that it looks gorgeous on your hand and that the new band is the best companion for the diamond ring. So beautiful Yssie...And i'm sure that your DH will be extremely satisfied now, which makes the whole thing even better!!! Wear them in good health, you really deserve those babies!!!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
It's a pleasure to see such fine craftsmanship! Congrats, Yessie! :love:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I was in love with your three stone and thought why would she reset it, but seeing this amazing 5 stone tops it. I love it, it is the most beautiful 5 stone I have ever seen.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yassie... Spectacular! :love: :love: :love: The detailing is amazing...so beautiful!! You did a wonderful job designing and VC did an amazing job bringing your creation to life!!!! Just stunning!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow Yssie! They are DIVINE! They are perfect and look amazing on your hand. So delicate, yet substantial on your hand! I love that you can wear them with your original band. Congrats!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Whoopee! It's stunning, Yssie! I loved it in VC's pics but holy moly I want to hold it and love it and give it little kisses from *your* pics! I love the milgraining in the profile and loooove the engraved band w/it!!!

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
It turned out beautifully, Yssie! So gorgeous! And that milgrain --- :lickout: Yummy!!!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
This has hands down got to be one of the most beautiful rings EVER! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Victor did an amazing job, every detail is PERFECT.

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
Dreamer_D|1321592884|3064257 said:
Yssie|1321591760|3064248 said:
There was really only one aesthetic tweak - I had him add the engraving to the sides of the shank where it meets the trellis wires to add some visual delineation, and I think it worked out really well. That abrupt change was apparently inevitable in soldering round wires to the square block of the shank, and he couldn't file or engrave too deeply because without crossbars/cup around the centre he needed to keep as much metal there pressuring the struct as possible...

Yes I would like to understand this better too- I can't see it anywhere!

I have to say, like some others, I was really shocked you were re-setting your 3 stone... and when I saw the "glamour shots" of this ring I didn't like it as much... BUT..... WOW!!!! :love: :appl: :love: :appl: :love: Now I see it..... I understand!!! This has everything your 3 stone had but it's SO MUCH MORE! It's a true true work of art and a truly extraordinary piece... It should be in a museum!

QueenB29

Shiny_Rock
Stunning!

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
Your rings are simply breathtaking ! The workmanship of your engraved band is outstanding and I am definately getting one for my wedding band :)

MrsBettyBoop

Brilliant_Rock
Holy finger coverage Batman!! AMAZING Yssie!! :love:

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
STUNNING! more pics please :appl:

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely exquisite in every detail! Congratulations, Yssie!

There is really something incredibly "alive" about the flow of your ring. It transcends the details, somehow. It's a true masterwork.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie, congratulations! It could not have turned out more perfectly! What a stunning ring! Best part is, you and your hubby are happy with it. It is a funny thing, because we think that these rings are for us, we're the ones wearing it, but when your man isn't happy with it,
we're not happy either! Well, now you have the perfect best of both worlds ring! It looks stunning on you, and the craftmanship looks
exquisite!

I really love the little engraved band. That is just the sweetest little band! I just may have to put one of those on my wish list! Wonderful, gorgeous and I am just so happy for you!

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock
Loverly! I think VC could hire you as a consultant at this point. Yowza gorgeous :appl: :appl: :love: :love: :love: So worth your effort for a forever ring. Never take it off.

LittleSparkle

Shiny_Rock
Oh, Yssie! This is SO spectacular, so wonderfully constructed, and so perfectly imagined. I think Victor really captured exactly what (it sounds like) you were looking for! And the ring looks amazing and ENORMOUS on your hand! I love it so much! :love:

And I am so happy that you got an engraved band!! I couldn't be happier with mine and I love that a few more will be appearing on Pricescope soon! :appl: :appl: This may be the first time that I've ever started a little trend :love:

Mrs.W 514

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!! I absolutely L :love: VE your new ring!! It is a real work of art and the eight prongs on the center stone are just TDF! I must admit I was a little sad to see your lovely three stone reset as well but WOW this ring is even more beautiful than the last (how is that even possible?!) Congratulations to you and your DH!!

oh and I totally love the engraved band! :appl: :love: :appl: :love: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results