shape
carat
color
clarity

my two new bands.. wooo

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
What do you think. I went to the jeweler Saturday to look at new setting for my marquise and came out with these two new bands. How do you think they look with my ER??? They seem to show off the center stone better. I also put two new RHR in layaway. I will post pictures today so you can give me thoughts. I think I am going to put the big marquise in a pendant. Any advice???

M410S.JPG

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
woo

M412S.JPG

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
woo

M49S.JPG

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
woo

MV41S.JPG

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woo - they look WONDERFUL together! I love it! I also like the flexibility -- you can wear the two bands together (no ering) if you ever want less blingage, i.e. if you''re traveling or taking the bus. Great job!

I think you''re becoming the PS Queen of New Projects! Two more RHRs on layaway? We expect more eye candy pics very soon!

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
wooooooooooooooooooooo Thank you. I saw them and thought they were fun. They give the er a better bling than the ones I had made for the marquise. I hope to have pictures soon from my jeweler. I want advice on which to pick up first....

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
WOW>.. now that is some SERIOUS blingage.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
IMHO I think bands with no milgraining would work better with your ring. I like to pair modern with modern and antique with antique.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Tacori, good thought :) thank you

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
Woo, OMG !!! I''ve been waiting for your thread to pop up!!!! My God Woo there gorg!!!
30.gif
it makes me want to ask hubby if I can have another band to ware with my wedding set. But after the rhr I don''t think it would be a good idea right now. Oh Woo you have to do a marquise pendent. I don''t know if I''ve ever seen one? I first thought that I would get emerald earings ( like hubby said that I could ) this summer, but I''ve been thinking about a pendent myself!
31.gif
I want to know about your rhr( INGS ) you did say that you got TWO!!!
23.gif
3.gif
I want to seeeee!!!
31.gif
Woo you have to tell me about them and when do you get to pick them up?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hmm those two bands just don''t work for me with your e-ring, your e-ring has alot of strong looking metal going on and those two rings look way too delicate to work well with it..i like tacori''s idea of finding rings with no milgraining, but truthfully i''m not too sure what would work well with the ering setting as it is so large and commanding on it''s own, what about wearing it alone?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that first picture - love those bands alone and with your ering. Love them!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2006 1:21:25 PM
Author: Mara
hmm those two bands just don't work for me with your e-ring, your e-ring has alot of strong looking metal going on and those two rings look way too delicate to work well with it..i like tacori's idea of finding rings with no milgraining, but truthfully i'm not too sure what would work well with the ering setting as it is so large and commanding on it's own, what about wearing it alone?
I agree. Or how about thinner bands?? While these are very pretty, they take away from your ering, IMHO. And as Tacori said skip ones that have milgraining since your ering doesn't have any.
2.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wooo

I am gonna take a shot & the dark and guess that you do not like your e-ring setting. The # of times you''ve done "something different" to it is approaching innumerable. If I''m right, and you don''t actually like, as Mara put it the "strong metal elements" of the e-ring setting and ACTUALLY prefer something more antiquey and delicate that is "all the rage" right now - might I suggest, stop mixing & matching. Stop impulse purchasing. Take pictures BEFORE you buy and post for advice and a little "cooling off" period.

It seems as if you''re onto something new ALL the time. NEVER satisfied. It makes me worry.

And honestly, IMO only, the clash of different styles and shapes and heights and looks always ends up looking like a jumbly mess to me -- and not the focused, elegant, WOW that you seem to desire.

I''ve thought this for a while, but kept hoping you''d get the result you wanted without this being said. Please accept this feedback as just one person''s opinion, and know it''s given for the sake of possibly helping you focus.

Deco

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Keep in mind I am a milgraining whore so it is really HARD for me to suggest to someone NOT to have it. (Actually it hurts alittle
32.gif
). Like Mara said they are too delicate for your e-ring. I like Lisa''s idea about thinner bands. What about a baguette eternity band? With nice polished PLT. I think that would match your e-ring nicely!

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
WOOO Tacori and Mara, Great Feedback. I do like the rings but do see what you are saying.

As for the comments from Decodedelight, thank you for your feedback too. However, you are incorrect, I adore my ER, especially with a RB. The ering is my favorite part of the set and I don''t think I will ever change the setting of it. My many changes are been my way of working towards what I know I want but hubby was reluctant to spend the money so I have done it in stages.

In the beginning, I was working with a stone (large marquise) and yellow gold set that we purchased without knowing anything about diamonds and hubby having to have yellow gold only (not my choice). After coming to this site and learning soooooooooo much I realized that I really wanted a good quality stone even if I went a little smaller until my 25th anniversary (2 years). I also decided that I wanted platinum because I wear almost all silver or two tone. Unfortunately, we picked out the er that had no matching wedding band. We decided to put the large marquise in it hoping to hide the visable flaws and to fall in love with the stone. The er setting was made for a RB. At the same time we orded one handmade band to match the er. Once the band was in, the jeweler insisted I must balance the set and go for the second band to make the set look complete and help hide the flaws in the stone so we did. Well once it was done the flaws were still right there and drove me crazy. So we then began looking very hard for a better marquise to keep set looking the same only to find what we were willing spend would only get us a very thin/long marquise stone that looked terrible. So after much hard work I ended up finding my beautiful GIA certified I/SI1 RB for $3000.00 (WHAT A DEAL). Ok, so the set should be complete well I post the pictures on the "Pricescope" and 99% of the people told me my beautiful handmade bands were way to much for the RB stone
7.gif
OH NO now what do I do..... I love 3 rings. I have always worn 3 rings.... now I am really sad because I respect what the board is saying. So, I take the bands back to jeweler and explain my situation and ask them to thin the bands down to compliment the new stone and they tell me that if in 2 years I going to place a large stone in the set to leave them alone. They said that they will look great with the big stone.... SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO What to do until then, I want three rings. Then my really nice jeweler tells me to test drive these two bands and see what I think. So that is what I did. My hubby and I love love love love love my ering and when I am done it will be a beautiful set but unfortunately it is a process. I see many many people change their sets and the way they are wearing them. I was just looking for feedback :) II do love jewelery and buy alot of it. I guess I would call it my hobby but I don''t think I impulse buy. Must of my stuff is handmade so it takes awhile to design, wax and set......................... I guess I will keep my purchases and changes to a minimum on here
7.gif
woo

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2006 2:52:32 PM
Author: woobug02
My hubby and I love love love love love my ering and when I am done it will be a beautiful set but unfortunately it is a process.

Gotcha! I said it was just a guess! Reading between the lines is an imperfect art.
I do think your e-ring will look more proportionate with the larger stone I know you''ll be getting sooner or later. I disagree, however, with the jewelers that the other bands will ever work. But that is just my personal taste. I like things more simple I suppose.

I guess I will keep my purchases and changes to a minimum on here
7.gif
woo
I sure hope you don''t mean that. I apologize if my comments hurt your feelings. My opinion of the set hasn''t changed but I did point out it is ONLY my opinion. Lots of people have given you positive feedback about each one of your choices, purchases. You can''t please everyone!
2.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Woo, of course keep posting your jewelry here!!
1.gif
Just remember that if you ask for opinions, opinions you will get.

Personally, all I care about is whether you (the wearer of the jewelry) is happy. You are, so I''m happy. I love seeing all different sets here on PS!

If you want my opinion, I don''t like the mixing of the milgrain...but in reality, my opinion is worth nothing since I''m not wearing the rings!

My only concern for you is that your jeweler seems to be telling you what to do. At least two times you went to the jeweler with one thing in mind and left with the complete opposite because the "jeweler insisted." You need to sit down and decide what YOU like. Not what people here on PS like, not what the jeweler likes, etc....BUT what YOU like
1.gif

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
wooo, thank you :) I know I must look like a goofball but I promise I am not ......hehehe. I too agree that the handmade bands may never work. I have be honest I wish I wouldn''t let them talk me into ordering something site unseen. The jeweler did fabulous work but they were very heavy looking for me but seem to go well with the marquise. WAY TO BIG for the RB Some times we live and learn. I have them safe and waiting just in case..

Thank you

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
wooooo I love opinions "Good or Bad" about my set and the jewelery I post :) I feel like on this board I get honest feedback. I posted back to let the other poster know that there is a reason for all of this madness........... hehehehe. I guess my feelings were a little hurt
7.gif
I felt I let my guard down on this site and showed the good the bad and the ugly of my stuff for opinion and then I was personnally judged.
7.gif

I am over it and moving on :) WOOOOOOO

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Woobug-

Hm, while the 2 rings are pretty, they don''t "go" with your e-ring. Have you considered 2 plain platinum bands on each side? Maybe 2 or 3mm size? www.thefacetscollection.com has some beautiful ones. Looking at your e-ring, I would go simple on each side as opposed to more bling! That way your e-ring continues to be the main focus but you still get to have 3 rings.

Carrie

TFCrings.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2006 3:19:36 PM
wooo, thank you :) I know I must look like a goofball but I promise I am not ......hehehe. I too agree that the handmade bands may never work. I have be honest I wish I wouldn''t let them talk me into ordering something site unseen. The jeweler did fabulous work but they were very heavy looking for me but seem to go well with the marquise. WAY TO BIG for the RB Some times we live and learn. I have them safe and waiting just in case..

Girl, I know you''re no "goofball" ... CONGRATS on the M.B.A. Now that''s a WOOOOOOO! if I ever did hear one!

The jeweler thing - yeah I think that''s what made me "pipe up". Ya go in wanting one thing & come out with another. It does appear like he''s a big influence on your decisions (and I, personally, don''t share his tastes it seems - judging from the custom made bands). Maybe "impulse purchase" was the wrong way to say it ... "influenced purchases? decisions?"

If I had your overall budget ... I''d trade everything else for an ideal spec, H&A, F-H, whopper of a 2+ carat socks-knocker-off-er, if you must flank, go plain platinum bands and keep my right hand open for business. But it *isn''t* me is it, gosh darn it!
3.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2006 3:28:56 PM
wooooo I love opinions 'Good or Bad' about my set and the jewelery I post :) I feel like on this board I get honest feedback. I posted back to let the other poster know that there is a reason for all of this madness........... hehehehe. I guess my feelings were a little hurt
7.gif
I felt I let my guard down on this site and showed the good the bad and the ugly of my stuff for opinion and then I was personnally judged.
7.gif

I am over it and moving on :) WOOOOOOO
definitely do know that when you do post about anything on a public forum, people will make their own assumptions and give their own opinions. it's not about 'personally judging' your jewelry, but if you ask for suggestions or comments or advice, be prepared to get it and get the honesty too. i personally don't like just saying 'oh that looks great' if i don't really believe it, part of why i don't often participate on threads where the jewelry is just not my style...but i spoke up on this thread because this seems like the 3rd or 4th time you modified your setting and i kind of wondered what deco was saying too, aka what is going on with all these changes and when will it end with you happy for good....hahaha.. i'm sure you wonder the same thing too sometimes.
2.gif
don't we all about this jewelry madness?

then again i am not one to impulse buy jewelry, and i can't really imagine making a huge decision on something expensive, then a week later going oh i dont like it or i will change it again. first off, my husband would probably kill me, but also it would drive me insane to be so indecisive. i think all the time about changing my band or rings but in reality i don't ever do any of it...it's just fun to think about. maybe it is a good thing i don't really have a local jeweler to turn my head....it's easier for me not to be tempted that way.

anyway bottom line is that i think you need to figure out what will look best with your e-ring because that is the static piece to work with and you should go from there. but don't just throw things at the 'problem' (not like beautiful jewelry is a problem), rather do some research and think about it good and hard so that you will have a set that looks great and you love sooner rather than later.

good luck!!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Woobug I absolutely adore your ring, but personally I still like it best all by itself. The two new bands are very pretty, but I just don't think they do a thing for the main ring. If you really want bands to wear with that beauty you may have to try on different things to find out what works best. Ultimately it is up to you to decide what you like and feel most comfortable with. I work with a local jeweler myself and he has definate opinions on things and can be very persuasive. These guys are professionals so you want to trust their recommendations, but sometimes you just have to go with your own instincts.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Woo. I personally am not a big fan the the bands with your e-ring. I love the bands but they have the more romantic sutble bling and your e-ring is more in your face bling. Honestly, I think your e-ring has enough to command the spot on your left hand all by itself but if your really wanting a band I''d keep it very plain and simple.

I hope you''ll continue to post pictures and ask for advice here. I enjoy watching the transformation. I think many of us just keep seeing changes and didn''t realize that was the intent which also led me to believe you might not be happy with your e-ring setting. If you are happy that''s all that matters and I hope you eventually find what exactly that is
1.gif

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, you are both right. I have come home and been going in a completely different direction. I went in this weekend for an east to west RHR and ended up with a pendant. I think I must get stronger
7.gif
YOU ARE SO RIGHT! I had never really thought about it. Do you think a jeweler would let me trade two handmade bands. After thinking about you made good points about sticking with my goals

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2006 3:57:49 PM
Author: mrssalvo
I hope you''ll continue to post pictures and ask for advice here. I enjoy watching the transformation.
1.gif

I agree! I enjoy watching your changes. Don''t take it to heart. We are all just being honest
2.gif
Good luck finding the perfect bands! Hope you share them with us
9.gif

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
You all are very nice. I too have seen people change their settings and wondered why. I promise I want to finally be done with this. Like I said before comments good or bad about the jewelry don''t bother me. My jeweler is very convincing and expensive so this has been a long expensive process. Thank you for the advice. Thanks, Woobug02.

P.S. The jeweler tried to talk me out of the two right hand rings and wanted to make me a SPECIAL one. I said no thanks. Site unseen was not a great experience for the money. :)

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Woo-

What about stacking the two rings as a RHR and then getting two plain rigns to flank your e-ring?

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Have you thought about two thin eternity bands with baguettes?

Band_2901.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results