shape
carat
color
clarity

My tsavorite ring and other ACS stones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Well my new unheated sapphire arrived, and I think I have enough stones from ACS that I can show them off.

My first one is the 0.72 tsavorite that I got a while back. I got it set in an estate setting. I showed it in another thread, but I thought it should get its own place. So here it is.

IMG_0744e.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
And here are my new stones. These are for a stacking ring project I am working on.

A 0.32 ct burmese spinal

0.41 ct tourmaline

and fresh from the mail my 0.62ct unheated Montana sapphire. It is supposed to be a color shifter. But the rain just started, so I have only seen violet. It has so much sparkle to it. I love it.

First: the spinal and sapphire getting to know each other.

IMG_0773ssc.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Ok...that came out big and blurry. Hopefully the others will be better.

The spinal

ETA - that did not work at all

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
What a great shade of green! It looks really good in that setting too. Plz post more pics if you can.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Lets try again - I just found a new function on photoshop elements, hopefully this will help me size photos easier

IMG_0766sc3.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Here is the first pic with my new set of photoshop skills

IMG_0773ssc2.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
All three together, the down side of small stones is that they are even harder to photograph

IMG_0788all3w.jpg

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Looks like candy! I love them!
25.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely collection!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
The sapphire''s close up

IMG_0791montanas.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
And for interkitten, another pic of the tsav

IMG_0743tsav2.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Thanks coatimundi, is is the first stone that I bought that I am really happy with everything about it. The cut, the clarity, the color. It is a well-rounded stone.

cinnamon013 - thanks, I think they look like candy too, as do my cats who are trying to eat them :-0.

Mochi - thank you, I hope you put up you new pretties as soon as you get them, you know I love that stone in your aviator.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love your tsav ring, and those little gemstones are going to be gorgeous as stackers!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your tsavorite is a beautiful color - one of the few photos I see of a tsavorite without olive in it. I see some blue in that green!!
30.gif

I love your new ACstones. The sapphire is such a pretty lilac color.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Lauren - thank you. This is a fun little project, and not too expensive.

TL - Thanks. I love this color. I can't believe it was sitting on the site for so long. I would come back day after day and look at it, and I finally decided to buy it. As soon as it came in I took a look at it, I got out my richard wise book and put it next to the pic, almost a perfect match. This has been one off by biggest victories in my short time buying colored stones. I can't decide which I like more, this or my blue sapphire. I will probably resume looking for top colored colored stones next year. This year I am just holding myself over, because I am saving for a possible trip to Europe.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Oh, the sapphire is so pretty. Are you going to put it into a ring setting??

Your ring is also lovely, I''m going to have to put tsavorite into my want list!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new gemstones are gorgeous and I love your ring. Very pretty colors.

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Love your tsav ring, very pretty color. well done!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Oh I love the color of the sapphire! It reminds me of just walking through a soft rain shower (which I love) and feeling how quiet and peaceful the world is!

Those are going to make an amazing set of stackers - were you planning on doing RG, WG and YG - one for each?

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous stones!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that sapphire. It''s gorgeous!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Mochi: I am planning on doing a set of bezel stackers. I am thinking someone from etsy. That is why there are all lighter color. I didn''t want to buy something that was too dark to do a bezel with.

MarcyC, kelli, and yingh, thank you very much

BEG - I don''t know what color I am going to do yet, I am torn b/w yellow and white gold. I don''t think I will do rose gold unless the person making the settings strongly recommends it. I am on the hunt for one more stone b/f I figure out where to get them set. I am still waiting to see what you got.

Freke - thanks. I still don''t know what you got. It''s your turn to show off what you got.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/5/2009 8:31:15 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker
Lauren - thank you. This is a fun little project, and not too expensive.

TL - Thanks. I love this color. I can''t believe it was sitting on the site for so long. I would come back day after day and look at it, and I finally decided to buy it. As soon as it came in I took a look at it, I got out my richard wise book and put it next to the pic, almost a perfect match. This has been one off by biggest victories in my short time buying colored stones. I can''t decide which I like more, this or my blue sapphire. I will probably resume looking for top colored colored stones next year. This year I am just holding myself over, because I am saving for a possible trip to Europe.
Lucky find. Many purple sapphires look like amethysts, but this has a special lilac lavender shade that sets it apart. I love it. Can''t wait to decide what you''re going to do with it.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 12:25:56 AM
Mochi: I am planning on doing a set of bezel stackers. I am thinking someone from etsy. That is why there are all lighter color. I didn''t want to buy something that was too dark to do a bezel with.

MarcyC, kelli, and yingh, thank you very much

BEG - I don''t know what color I am going to do yet, I am torn b/w yellow and white gold. I don''t think I will do rose gold unless the person making the settings strongly recommends it. I am on the hunt for one more stone b/f I figure out where to get them set. I am still waiting to see what you got.

Freke - thanks. I still don''t know what you got. It''s your turn to show off what you got.

What color do you think for the last stone? How about something purple? Or colorless? Or yellow?
9.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love your collection, especially your Tsavorite. Wear it in good health!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
TL - I will post pics when it has a home. Berry told me that he had that sapphire for 20 years. He said that the color is hard to find now because most Montana sapphires that color are heated to a blue color. It sounds like he didn''t think anyone would appreciate until now. I thought that was kind of interesting. I think it is a great color and I have not even seen the color shift yet that it is supposed to do.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
BEG - not 100% yet, but I am looking for a bright pink, the spinal is a medium pink.

Harriet - thanks, your tsavorite was a big inspiration for me. How is the gem show?

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 12:39:01 AM
BEG - not 100% yet, but I am looking for a bright pink, the spinal is a medium pink.

Oh that''ll look fantastic - I hope you find something soon!

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring!
30.gif
30.gif
I love the colour of the Tsav - and your new loose stones look gorgeous too!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results