shape
carat
color
clarity

My trellis setting is here!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
I really like it. It's much more substantial than my other rings, which tend to have very thin bands, and it's just very sleek and simple and well-made!

So these are crappy crappy pics - I blame low-lighting and haste here. And just to show that my stones do NOT look this horrible normally, I'm attaching links to threads that have decent pics of them.

Info:

14 kt. white gold trellis
Vendor was Americanset from ebay. Sadly, they do not cast in rose gold, which I want for a different project.
Setting made to fit a 2 ct. round diamond, or my 8.1 mm spinel
Finger size 3.5

So some shots of the setting. I promise more pics tomorrow when I have a chance to photograph in daylight
1.gif

BEGTrellis31.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

BEGTrellis32.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

BEGTrellis33.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
I put my JW pink tourmaline on it to see how it looks. I actually really like the setting with this stone, but would prefer it in rose gold - like I mentioned before though, unfortunately Americanset doesn't cast in rose gold, so the search is still on for inexpensive (i.e. NOT $400) rose gold settings. The pink tourm is a cushion and rather big for this setting - it sits on top of the prongs in this pic.

Link to good pic of the tourm here

Sorry for the fingerprints! So smudgy...

BEGTrellis34.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
This is the setting with my blue green tourmaline, cut by Jeff White - here's a pic that really shows it color and one closer up

This one is also a cushion and sits crookedly in the setting. I liked it in this setting too but I'd have to see it in daylight - it might have been my lamplight but the setting seemed to make the stone darker. I was intending to eventually put this in an LOGR halo and bezel it.

BEGTrellis45.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Here is my Dan Stair blue sapphire (it''s a little thing) in the setting. It plops right in because it''s so small, and I was wondering if I should eventually bezel it. The only thing is it''s really dark indoors - it gives off awesome flashes of blue outside, but I''m worried that bezeling it will make it even darker. Still up in the air about this one.

Here''s a link to a better pic

BEGTrellis36.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
And finally, this is the blue spinel that''s going in this setting. It''s a little big with the prongs the way they are now so it sits crookedly, making for that weird picture. Also, it''s a bit dark indoors but stunning in daylight - it''s showing more of a gray-purple in this crappy lamplight, so I won''t do close-ups until tomorrow morning.

Take a look at its daylight face

BEGTrellis37.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that blue spinel will look fantastic in there BEG!!!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Freke! I''m so excited and impatient for it to be set already!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
When are you going to get it set anyway?

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Tomorrow morning! Not going to be fun making the trek up the jewelers before class, and doing all my reading, but I want to drop it off before I leave for home. If only they had a jeweler on site and they could set it for me tomorrow!
39.gif

Whew! Ok...must...cultivate....patience....

Bleh.

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
I like that setting! (and all your stones) Looking forward to seeing more pics!
36.gif
36.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
BEG, I really like this setting! TBH, I wasn''t sure how nice that vendor''s stuff would be - but you''re right, it looks nicely made and substantial, well done!

You may have seen this before, so my apologies if I''m repeating myself - but have you tried GOG for a RG setting? Thats where my RG cathedral is from, and I think it was ~$250. Apparently they have Alot of settings and also some vintage jewellery instore that is not advertized online - so although it sounds like a random place to ask, perhaps they could help? I would just email and ask what they have in RG for under $400..?
This was made especially for me as I wanted RG:

DSC02039-resize.JPG

mochi

Ideal_Rock
BEG... that setting is beautiful. Sometimes I want a setting that is classic and without all the pave diamond stuff going on. There is a place that does rose gold on Ebay. I have never ordered from them, so I''m not sure of their craftmanship. They have alot of settings, and I mean alot!!

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/LiebCor__W0QQ_armrsZ1QQ_fsubZQ2d33

AJ: That rose gold setting is yummy! Are you going to put that gem stone in it? It really looks nice next to it.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s a nice ring BEG!

Mochi, Thanks for the ebay link. I think I found a setting for my orange diamond.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Oh I think that is going to look STUNNING! I love the trellis settings!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
I love your trellis setting BEG! RG would look lovely with your pink tourmaline.

Can you give me more info on the vendor, like the url to their ebay store? I have to start thinking of ideas for my garnet and I do not want to break the bank on this project.

ETA: I found them on Ebay...thanks! :)

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Hi BEG! Yay that you got your setting! It looks like a very good-quality, substantial piece, and your stone will look beautiful in it. Other than sizing, did they have to make any custom adjustments? Hopefully your jeweler will have it done soon (no mega setting fee this time, right?), and it will be a nice surprise when you return. Have a wonderful time with your family! We''ll see you (and your ring) when you get back.
35.gif
35.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 9:05:07 AM
Author: mochi

AJ: That rose gold setting is yummy! Are you going to put that gem stone in it? It really looks nice next to it.

Cheers Mochi - haven''t really decided yet, but the head is currently set for a 0.6ct square diamond, so it will need some work.

BEG - my apologies, I didn''t even think when I posted that pic in your thread - I should''ve just posted a link instead. I hope you don''t think me rude
14.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! Pictures are taken - I''m going to the jewelers now so I''m not late for class. Be back tonight to upload them.

And Arjuna, no apologies necessary!! I''m so glad you posted your rose gold ring - I''m going to e-mail GOG and see what they have. Thank you so much!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The setting is very nice...I have considered this very setting so many times, but I just don''t have anything to set in it!
I have purchased from Americanset before and have been more than pleased with their quality and service.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 2:59:17 AM
Author: bling addict
I like that setting! (and all your stones) Looking forward to seeing more pics!
36.gif
36.gif

Thanks Bling Addict! Pics coming up!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 4:56:55 AM
Author: arjunajane
BEG, I really like this setting! TBH, I wasn''t sure how nice that vendor''s stuff would be - but you''re right, it looks nicely made and substantial, well done!

You may have seen this before, so my apologies if I''m repeating myself - but have you tried GOG for a RG setting? Thats where my RG cathedral is from, and I think it was ~$250. Apparently they have Alot of settings and also some vintage jewellery instore that is not advertized online - so although it sounds like a random place to ask, perhaps they could help? I would just email and ask what they have in RG for under $400..?

This was made especially for me as I wanted RG:

Once again, Arjuna, thanks so much for posting your setting! I love it and I''m definitely going to ask Marie at GOG - and what a fantastic price too!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 9:05:07 AM
Author: mochi
BEG... that setting is beautiful. Sometimes I want a setting that is classic and without all the pave diamond stuff going on. There is a place that does rose gold on Ebay. I have never ordered from them, so I''m not sure of their craftmanship. They have alot of settings, and I mean alot!!

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/LiebCor__W0QQ_armrsZ1QQ_fsubZQ2d33

Me too! I love the pave and the halos, but sometimes you just want to mix it up a bit, you know? Thanks for the link too! Ooh is it bad that I''m already thinking about my next setting project when this one isn''t even done yet??
3.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 9:38:14 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
That''s a nice ring BEG!

Mochi, Thanks for the ebay link. I think I found a setting for my orange diamond.

Thanks TL! Hope it comes out well - it''s at the jewelers and ...

DA DUM....

I pick up today!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 9:41:57 AM
Author: geckodani
Oh I think that is going to look STUNNING! I love the trellis settings!

Thanks Geckodani! Me too! They''re so graceful...I''m really looking forward to this one!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 10:18:06 AM
Author: omieluv
I love your trellis setting BEG! RG would look lovely with your pink tourmaline.

Can you give me more info on the vendor, like the url to their ebay store? I have to start thinking of ideas for my garnet and I do not want to break the bank on this project.

ETA: I found them on Ebay...thanks! :)

Thanks Omie! I should''ve posted the store link - sorry! Glad you found it though. They''re not the best on communication prior to purchasing, but they were pretty prompt about shipping and stuff. I''m really happy at the quality considering the price paid - it just seems like a nice, substantial and well-made setting.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 10:48:04 AM
Author: cellentani
Hi BEG! Yay that you got your setting! It looks like a very good-quality, substantial piece, and your stone will look beautiful in it. Other than sizing, did they have to make any custom adjustments? Hopefully your jeweler will have it done soon (no mega setting fee this time, right?), and it will be a nice surprise when you return. Have a wonderful time with your family! We''ll see you (and your ring) when you get back.
35.gif
35.gif

Thanks Cellentani! It definitely is a nice setting - I hope the stone looks nice in it.

They didn''t make any adjustments other than sizing. I did e-mail and let them know that my stone was 8.1 mm (the setting was for a 2 ct. diamond so close enough, since a 2 ct. diamond is supposed to be around 8.2 mm). The setting came in a bit small for my stone (it sits crookedly) but the jeweler called me to let me know they could do it. I went to a different place this time! It''s one of the top-rated jewelry stores in Chicago - wasn''t too impressed by the store itself or the quality of merchandise, but heck, I won''t be buying from them so no matter as long as they do a good job on setting!
1.gif

I''ll have pics of the finished ring tonight!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 2:32:47 PM
Author: Diamond*Dana
The setting is very nice...I have considered this very setting so many times, but I just don''t have anything to set in it!

I have purchased from Americanset before and have been more than pleased with their quality and service.

Thanks Diamond*Dana! And if you don''t have anything to set in it, you know what that means, right? That you have to buy something colorful and pretty!
2.gif
I''m glad that you''ve liked Americanset rings - I wish I had discovered them sooner!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results