shape
carat
color
clarity

My trellis setting is here!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 2:33:23 PM
Author: coatimundi
Very nice BEG!

Thank you Coati!
1.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Ok some daylight pics as promised!

BEGTrellis81.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

BEGTrellis82.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

BEGTrellis91.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

BEGTrellis92.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

BEGTrellis93.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

BEGTrellis94.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

BEGTrellis95.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Just really too dark
7.gif

BEGTrellis96.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

BEGTrellis97.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

BEGTrellis98.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/3/2009 2:32:18 AM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl
This is the setting with my blue green tourmaline, cut by Jeff White - here''s a pic that really shows it color and one closer up

This one is also a cushion and sits crookedly in the setting. I liked it in this setting too but I''d have to see it in daylight - it might have been my lamplight but the setting seemed to make the stone darker. I was intending to eventually put this in an LOGR halo and bezel it.
I agree, I think white gold doesn''t do much for the more pastel minty blue/green tourmalines. They pop in rose and yellow gold.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful setting BEG. I agree, that gorgeous tourmaline would look beautiful in rose gold. I
30.gif
that stone.

Linda

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 3:55:51 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

This is the setting with my blue green tourmaline, cut by Jeff White - here''s a pic that really shows it color and one closer up

This one is also a cushion and sits crookedly in the setting. I liked it in this setting too but I''d have to see it in daylight - it might have been my lamplight but the setting seemed to make the stone darker. I was intending to eventually put this in an LOGR halo and bezel it.

I agree, I think white gold doesn''t do much for the more pastel minty blue/green tourmalines. They pop in rose and yellow gold.

What do you think of the white gold in the LOGR? I like how yours turned out TL and yours is all-white right? Of course, there''s also the option of rose gold head like Asscherhalo''s amethyst LOGR with a white gold band. What do you think?

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 4:02:14 PM
Author: Linda W
Beautiful setting BEG. I agree, that gorgeous tourmaline would look beautiful in rose gold. I
30.gif
that stone.

Linda

Thanks Linda! And your pad in your avatar makes me drool every time I see it!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/3/2009 5:18:00 PM

What do you think of the white gold in the LOGR? I like how yours turned out TL and yours is all-white right? Of course, there''s also the option of rose gold head like Asscherhalo''s amethyst LOGR with a white gold band. What do you think?
BEG, that stone was bezeled. I wouldn''t set it in white gold otherwise. I definitely see your stone in 18K yellow or rose gold.
3.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Just checking in to see if you got your ring back yet...
2.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 2:37:29 PM

Date: 2/3/2009 9:05:07 AM
Author: mochi
BEG... that setting is beautiful. Sometimes I want a setting that is classic and without all the pave diamond stuff going on. There is a place that does rose gold on Ebay. I have never ordered from them, so I''m not sure of their craftmanship. They have alot of settings, and I mean alot!!

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/LiebCor__W0QQ_armrsZ1QQ_fsubZQ2d33

AJ: That rose gold setting is yummy! Are you going to put that gem stone in it? It really looks nice next to it.

Me too! I love the pave and the halos, but sometimes you just want to mix it up a bit, you know? Thanks for the link too! Ooh is it bad that I''m already thinking about my next setting project when this one isn''t even done yet??
3.gif
You''re very welcome, I hope they can help
1.gif

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
It has a nice refined, modern feel to it! I personally think the blue sapphire looks best in it, but mostly ''cause the color is stunning
30.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 5:32:06 PM
Date: 2/3/2009 5:18:00 PM

BEG, that stone was bezeled. I wouldn''t set it in white gold otherwise. I definitely see your stone in 18K yellow or rose gold.
3.gif

Hmm...I''ll probably set the tourm in white gold - I just like the clean look of white gold for that color but mostly likely it''ll be bezeled too
1.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 7:51:08 PM
Author: cellentani
Just checking in to see if you got your ring back yet...
2.gif

Haha I''ve been a bad PSer! I wore it home but then got busy eating and packing for tomorrow - the flight is sooooo early
14.gif

I''m gonna go take pics now! But I won''t have good ones until I get some sunlight!!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 9:18:05 PM
Author: mayachel
It has a nice refined, modern feel to it! I personally think the blue sapphire looks best in it, but mostly ''cause the color is stunning
30.gif

Thanks Mayachel! I don''t know what to do with that blue sapphire but I''ve been thinking of bezeling it and setting it in a very simple modern-ish white gold band. I''m going to New Zealand next month and I don''t want to wear the rings I have (I don''t want to damage them by wearing them but I don''t want to leave them in the car or hotel either) but my fingers feel naked without a ring! I was thinking between the small size, the hardness of sapphire and bezeling it, it would make a comfy and durable ring.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Smart move, thinking about a "travel ring". We were lucky enough to take a trip to a tropical island recently with df family, his sister is also recently engaged and her df had thought to provide a sturdy white gold designed ring sans stone for her to wear on the trip. df looked at her hand, then my naked hand and said..."oh, was I supposed to get you a travel ring too?" It was sooo sweet. So now I'm on the look out.

I like the colorful bezel sets going on at jewelryexpert.com what do you think of something like this?

Sapphire-Tingle-Ring-11.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 10:51:06 PM
Author: mayachel
Smart move, thinking about a ''travel ring''. We were lucky enough to take a trip to a tropical island recently with df family, his sister is also recently engaged and her df had thought to provide a sturdy white gold designed ring sans stone for her to wear on the trip. df looked at her hand, then my naked hand and said...''oh, was I supposed to get you a travel ring too?'' It was sooo sweet. So now I''m on the look out.

I like the colorful bezel sets going on at jewelryexpert.com what do you think of something like this?

Wow what a smart guy! And anticipatory - good for him! I like the one you posted a lot - something very similar (basically the same except with me round sapphire and no diamonds) was what I was thinking. I was considering having Maddy at Etsy do it since she''s also bezeling my opal.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results