shape
carat
color
clarity

My Tiny "Crown" Jewels Project

voce

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I love this ring. All the different colours and gemstones.
I’m just a bit jealous of creative people who can envision and bring to fruition such exquisite pieces.
Wear Queenie in good health
Haha, Bron, I'm a bit jealous of people who browse auctions and score deals. I have no confidence when it comes to the bidding process and second guess my decisions all the time. We all have our strengths, and you have so many exquisite pieces yourself! :)

OMG its gorgouse
and its also fun
you are indeed very creative
well done
Thank you for the poem, if it was supposed to be a poem. :p

Wow. Thanks for sharing the process. I loved reading about it and seeing your unique and beautiful finished ring.
Thank you, Yelena, and welcome to PS!

Gorgeous :kiss2: A piece fit for both princess and queen. And king for that matter. Opulent and delicious. :love:
Ooh, yay, that means a lot to me, missy! :)

voce

Ideal_Rock
Wow! I’m impressed. So creative and unique love it!
Aw, thank you!

Your creativity is out of this world!!! That design is a one of a kind piece! Love the color combos! Turned out beautifully!!! :love:
Thank you thank you, I'm glad I came up with something like this, but surely you're overpraising my creativity.

That’s definitely one of the most unique ring designs to grace this forum!! It’s a lovely way to use all of the colored stones in one ring. Now you have to do a colorful court jester hat pendant as a companion piece!!!
Thanks T L, that is an excellent idea, but then I'd have to design a colorful jester hat pendant :D
I'll be sure to give you a shout out if/when I do.

Such a fun piece to wear! :mrgreen2:
Thanks, you have many fun pieces too! Your tsavs are bamboo for your panda!

So creative and pretty! Do you mind telling us what software you use? I sometimes have ideas too, but I don't have any sketching basis so a software to visualize the ideas is great.
I used Inkscape. It's a free version of Adobe Illustrator without Pantone colors built in. I don't know since I'm an amateur, but there might be other bells and whistles not in the free software built into Illustrator.

voce

Ideal_Rock
I always love a happy ending! I love your ring crown and the input you had into the process. Thank you for sharing!

I love your ring :kiss2: It is a beautiful one of a kind creation! Your sketches are amazing too. You are very talented!

Thank you, I love the heaps of praise but surely it's not good for my ego or character! :p

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
:kiss2: Wow!!! That was such a fun project and a lovely story.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I must admit to having been that set of stones for a long time.
I was going to have them made into a 5-stone ring, just waiting for funds to be available.
Good to see they have gone to a good home within the PS community.

DK :))

deorwine

Shiny_Rock
Such a neat ring!

Yay, I'm glad other people like this piece. With this one and the Easter paraiba ring, I worried other people might think my taste is garish because of too much color. =P

What is this "too much color" you speak of? No such thing! Honestly, the thing I love most about it is that it combines all those different colors. I'm a sucker for color! And reds, greens, and blues are my favorite!

I echo everyone else in saying it was super cool to read about your process. (And you draw well! When I try to draw jewelry designs it comes out looking very strange, lol)

voce

Ideal_Rock
@deorwine have you seen my Easter paraiba ring before? That one's even more colorful if you're a sucker for color. Link to vendor pics only, since my hand pics are scattered about and it's harder for me to find them.
My Easter Joy Paraiba Ring. Actually, it's an oval camellia ring done by Cecile Raley Designs, but in case you don't like the riot of colors on display here, the choice of the melee stones for the halos were all mine, and CDR worked with my choice of melee stones and my layout for the arrangement.

Since I saw the oval paraiba, I thought that 1) it would be a great candidate for the camellia ring style, and that 2) I didn't want a paraiba ring that has already been done before. I decided I wanted a colored stone halo, but then what colors would work best? The inspiration came to me that since my loose paraiba resembled a blue robin's egg, I could use all these bright colors in an abstract representation of an Easter basket, filled with all sorts of bright eggs, but with the paraiba egg being the brightest and the most precious one.

Cecile Raley Designs' work is exquisite, and I was delighted when I received the photos. Yvonne said that she was a bit worried with how colorful it was, since it's not everyone's cup of tea. But because I gave so much thought to the CS halo layouts (lots of symmetry and geometry in arranging all the colors) and selected the gems, I feel it's really true to my aesthetic. Will be so excited when I get to wear it proudly!

icm_fullxfull.191441758_o44l38tew2okk8000ccc.jpg icm_fullxfull.191441782_grmml9dmp7cco8woks48.jpg icm_fullxfull.195671377_bsi7mp5lu1444o0o4cc0.jpg
First halo: 1.75mm rubies, sapphires, Merelani mint garnets
Second halo: 1.25mm canary yellow diamonds, paraiba tourmalines, demantoid garnets

To be perfectly honest, in the paraiba thread there were a lot more "likes" for classic (just paraiba and white diamond) rings than for this paraiba ring. I think my tastes with combining many colors is not mainstream.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
do you mind if i save your ring for my screen saver voce ?
its pretty and it makes me smile and feel happy

voce

Ideal_Rock
do you mind if i save your ring for my screen saver voce ?
its pretty and it makes me smile and feel happy
Go ahead, I don't mind at all. I'm glad it has that effect for you, too. :geek2:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PS NEVER ceases to amaze me! the beauty of rings is unparalled here. Your ring is stunning. I can't say enough times, I love it! it's briliant and BRILLIANT! :love::love:

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is so amazing that you came up with this idea! It is fantastical! I loved seeing all the pics. So happy for you and glad you started a thread on it! :appl:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Straight up BALLER! :appl::appl: thats a really great looking ring!!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DSC_0434.JPG

Love this photo!:love:
This a very extraordinary piece!!
Wish I had an ounce of your creativity. :))

SparklePolo

Rough_Rock
What a colorful, unique ring! So full of personality :love:

voce

Ideal_Rock
Insanely adorable and such a joyful piece!

PS NEVER ceases to amaze me! the beauty of rings is unparalled here. Your ring is stunning. I can't say enough times, I love it! it's briliant and BRILLIANT! :love::love:

I think it is so amazing that you came up with this idea! It is fantastical! I loved seeing all the pics. So happy for you and glad you started a thread on it! :appl:

Straight up BALLER! :appl::appl: thats a really great looking ring!!

DSC_0434.JPG

Love this photo!:love:
This a very extraordinary piece!!
Wish I had an ounce of your creativity. :))

What a colorful, unique ring! So full of personality :love:

Thank you for the kind words, everyone. I just came up with the idea and the layout, but I don't deserve all the credit; the reason this ring looks so lovely is because Yvonne Raley and her team at Cecile Raley Designs sourced awesome colored gems and did a great job on setting them. It was just the right amount of metal between the gems, and the ring was made comfortable to wear.

deorwine

Shiny_Rock
@deorwine have you seen my Easter paraiba ring before? That one's even more colorful if you're a sucker for color. Link to vendor pics only, since my hand pics are scattered about and it's harder for me to find them.

To be perfectly honest, in the paraiba thread there were a lot more "likes" for classic (just paraiba and white diamond) rings than for this paraiba ring. I think my tastes with combining many colors is not mainstream.

Ooh, I love this! I am not really a Paraiba person (hence probably why I haven't seen it) but I love the scattered colors around. I do think it's nice with the one large stone as a focus and all the little bright stones around it -- I was playing with trying to design a multicolor ring where the colors were all the same size all in a row, a while back, but it never went anywhere because it seemed just a little too much and there wasn't any focal point. (Your crown ring does the same thing in the sense of focusing the color, only with the suite of tsavs as the focus, as well as the crown shape providing a unifying focus.)

voce

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, I love this! I am not really a Paraiba person (hence probably why I haven't seen it) but I love the scattered colors around. I do think it's nice with the one large stone as a focus and all the little bright stones around it -- I was playing with trying to design a multicolor ring where the colors were all the same size all in a row, a while back, but it never went anywhere because it seemed just a little too much and there wasn't any focal point. (Your crown ring does the same thing in the sense of focusing the color, only with the suite of tsavs as the focus, as well as the crown shape providing a unifying focus.)
I think you're quite good at articulating your points! I hadn't thought of the crown shape as providing a unifying focus until you brought it up. When I do these layouts, I just think about what colors would look nice next to the most important gem(s), and well, with the paraiba, I could have just gone with one colored stone all around the center gem, but I thought all those colors looked nice and I wanted it all! So then I played with various ways to arrange all the different colors in a symmetrical and geometric pattern. But, I think that for anything that might be considered art, there should be a center or most important focal point.

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is the one ring to rule them all.!!! =)2 @voce I hope you feel like a Queen when it's on your finger. :love:

voce

Ideal_Rock
This is the one ring to rule them all.!!! =)2 @voce I hope you feel like a Queen when it's on your finger. :love:
I don't feel like ruling yet. I feel like a princess with no responsibilities, not a queen. :P2

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a unique and cool piece....very pretty. Congratulations.

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
Haha, I'm glad I took the risk to do something unusual with them, as I probably wouldn't have been satisfied setting these gorgeous green baguettes in a standard way. I tried to use all the gems I had that looked good next to the tsavs; at some point I was considering chrysoberyl, but they didn't look vibrant enough next to the tsavs.

Thanks Leslie, I'm happy to share my thought process and am glad you liked the outcome!

Awww, thank you!!! I think opulent and quirky describes my taste in settings for colored gems.

Yay, I'm glad other people like this piece. With this one and the Easter paraiba ring, I worried other people might think my taste is garish because of too much color. =P
They are such luscious colors though, unique and very pretty.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
What an achievement - congratulations! You'll never see yourself coming and going with that ring. Thanks for sharing.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results