shape
carat
color
clarity

My three-stone doesn''t fit right with most wedding bands!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
I mainly post over at the Bride World Wide section of this website and in fact I did ask my question over there and was helpfully guided this way. So, "HI!"

Here''s my "dilema": I have a three-stone ering that i''m very happy with. I''ve always wanted once since I started wanted rings at all. So, now I''''ve got one. The problem is I have very few wedding bands to chose from to go with it now
7.gif

This is dissapointing to both my FI and I as we hadn''t heard of the "space" problem before we went looking the other day.

Seems I''ll have to go with an insert style or a single band that has a dip in it. Yikes!! The insert looks so huge on my 5.5 finger and the single band, while looking much prettier, has a curve in it so I can''t really wear it alone ever. I tried some regular wedding bands on that had a few 5 or 7-stone diamonds in them and they just don''t flush next to my ring either.

I don''t know what to do. I went over to Whiteflash but I can''t seem to find where they will custom order anything but engagement rings.

Since I can''t really do the stacked ring look due to my fingers and my preferences, spacers are out.

Arrrrggghhhh. In addition, we don''t have alot of money so we are hoping to find options that won''t cost too too much.

Any guidance? Thank you!!!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Hi! I know how frustrated you must feel. I wanted a "tall" shared prong eternity band forever, and got it. Then saw that it doesn't sit flush (in my case in height) with my wedding set. I wore them together for a while and have recently decided to wear the eternity alone. I'm actually having the ering diamond set into a pendant. Have you seen all the pictures in "show me the ring" where the rings are stacked and not flush? Many of the celebrity pictures show this and it appears to be very popular right now. I guess it depends on how badly you want your rings to sit right next to each other. I think what you want is a custom wedding band, but that is going to cost. However, I would not let that stop me from contacting Whiteflash and Good Old Gold. Why don't you give them a call/email and ask what they would suggest. I don't like the idea of a curved wedding band either--I think because I am always mixing my rings up and wouldn't want something that could never "stand alone." It may be possible to have something made that is an illusion of a wedding band...I'm picturing something that is soldered, like a partial band, all around except at the 3 stone head...but then, I'm no jeweler-I just have a healthy imagination. lol

Anyway, I'd give a jeweler a call.

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
you could have two wedding bands. one straight, for when you want to wear it alone (housework, bad neighborhoods), and one curved.

have you looked at the interesting bent wedding bands from bluefoxx (blufoxx) creations on ebay. very unique and interesting.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/30/2006 5:53:09 AM
Author: ladykemma
you could have two wedding bands. one straight, for when you want to wear it alone (housework, bad neighborhoods), and one curved.

have you looked at the interesting bent wedding bands from bluefoxx (blufoxx) creations on ebay. very unique and interesting.
LadyKemma, I went to ebay to look and can''t find them. It came up with some fishing lure, but no jewelry. Oh, wait a minute...I typed in an "e" after blue...I''ll try it w/o the e...lol

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
I have a 3 stone that I''m able to wear pretty flush with several kinds of bands- a thin (aprox. 2.3mm) channel set band, a shared prong eternity band, a plain 2 mm band, and a plain 3 mm band. My setting is a trellis, though I''m not sure if it fits flush b/c the center stone isn''t that big.

PSkvl3stone.jpg

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
And one with the eternity ring. Sorry, these aren''t great pics but they''re the best I have.

pSkvl3stone2.jpg

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/30/2006 5:59:28 AM
Author: justjulia

Date: 11/30/2006 5:53:09 AM
Author: ladykemma

LadyKemma, I went to ebay to look and can''t find them. It came up with some fishing lure, but no jewelry. Oh, wait a minute...I typed in an ''e'' after blue...I''ll try it w/o the e...lol
Found em! Pretty stuff! I wonder though if she will be able to buy something without trying it on first, to make sure it all fits together right.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/30/2006 6:03:10 AM
Author: Logan Sapphire
And one with the eternity ring. Sorry, these aren''t great pics but they''re the best I have.
Oh my goodness, that is pretty.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I have a 3 stone ring, and I ended up getting a w-ring custom made that is curved around my e-ring. I have found that I very seldom wear the w-ring by itself, and when I do, I just turn the curved part to the back. Mine is a full eternity band, so I can do that. I think 3 stone rings often times don''t allow a w-ring to sit flush, so you will have to come up with some other option if you don''t want a big gap.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/30/2006 6:28:33 AM
Author: coda72
I have a 3 stone ring, and I ended up getting a w-ring custom made that is curved around my e-ring. I have found that I very seldom wear the w-ring by itself, and when I do, I just turn the curved part to the back. Mine is a full eternity band, so I can do that. I think 3 stone rings often times don''t allow a w-ring to sit flush, so you will have to come up with some other option if you don''t want a big gap.
this is what i would do too. i can''t imagine wearing the w-band alone and if you did the curve would not be noticeable.

best of luck and enjoy your ring, whatever you decide!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I don't understand the "gap" issue...maybe you guys are looking at things waaaaayyyy close...but so what if there is a touch of space? I like that. It's no big deal. I wouldn't stress over this...all you and people will see is bling...

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What I did to resolve this problem: I wore two rings on that finger a fashion ring and my w band that approximated the look of my future ering and wedding band. I wore them for a couple of days. Decided that the gap didn''t bother me. I didn''t bother my husband either. We went ahead and got the anniversary ering that gaps with my wedding band. It doesn''t bother me.

So try the look before you decide that you hate it. Accepting the gap would open up alot of options for you.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results